Thread: Anybody have an issue with this??

Anybody have an issue with this??

"In a completely stock 99' Dodge Neon sport, I gained ten horses and went from 34-37 wheel horsepower to 44-47 wheel horsepower (using a G-Tech Pro performance meter). I have also noted (when I drive responsibly) a gain in gas mileage. I also lost a full second off my Quarter-mile times; from 16.8 to 15.8 and probably could have done better with more time with the G-Tech."
    -Francis Mize (Cincinnati,OH)
    The above is a testamonial from the turbonator website. A site that sells the ability to "supercharge any car for $69.95. Now tell me if I'm wrong but the 99 neon sport came with a 132hp 2.0 L inline 4 with 150lbs/ft of torque so even accounting for the difference between crank and wheel hp this neon is with this miricale product losing say 80hp magically. Seems odd to me.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

bump I still think this is funny
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

haha yea thats pretty good.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    "In a completely stock 99' Dodge Neon sport, I gained ten horses and went from 34-37 wheel horsepower to 44-47 wheel horsepower (using a G-Tech Pro performance meter). I have also noted (when I drive responsibly) a gain in gas mileage. I also lost a full second off my Quarter-mile times; from 16.8 to 15.8 and probably could have done better with more time with the G-Tech."
    -Francis Mize (Cincinnati,OH)
    The above is a testamonial from the turbonator website. A site that sells the ability to "supercharge any car for $69.95. Now tell me if I'm wrong but the 99 neon sport came with a 132hp 2.0 L inline 4 with 150lbs/ft of torque so even accounting for the difference between crank and wheel hp this neon is with this miricale product losing say 80hp magically. Seems odd to me.
    Whoever wrote that was a moron or completely high by the moment.

Putting aside the fact that no Neon has that amount of HP..... adding 10HP to a 34HP engine with a simple toy is impossible, that's like adding 200HP to a McLaren F1 using only the G-Tech Pro thingy.

Maybe I should put it in the automotive idiot stories section
    EDIT: post 300!
    Last edited by mechanixfetch; 10-27-2004 at 04:25 PM.

Hehehe, yep go ahead.

And thanks for reviving this thread. I was going to reply to it when you made it... Seems that I forgot to.

Thread Information