Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Text Messaging Car Accident

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    If that was in the UK our police would no doubt charge the guy filming for using his phone while driving
    That is not such a bad thing though is it...to many accidents happen by drivers doing something else instead of driving, and filming something is quite a distraction.

A lot of incident like this happened already but still there are a lot who text while driving.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 08-25-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spam

I was in rush hour traffic in Auckland (New Zealand) and waiting to turn at an intersection, when i was stunned at the number of people using a cell phone. In a stream of 15 cars going past me, 6 drivers were using them. Even though we have banned there use in cars here in NZ we just don't believe it is a problem.
    When are we going to wake up to the danger?

Scarily, trust the worst of Scots to go one better ( worse! -- like deep frying the mars bars )

Reckless motorist pictured playing on iPad whilst driving at 65mph on M8 - Daily Record
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

One of the worst things to do on the road is to text and use one's phone.

Hi everybody,
    I too agree with all comments. Nowadays cell phone usage is very wider and even driver uses while he is driving the car. Messaging while driving definitely leads to an accident. It is not so good and Government should take necessary steps in order to avoid this type of actions..

Champion car racer, 26, 'killed cyclist after losing control on roundabout while speaking on his mobile phone to his girlfriend' | Mail Online

There is supposedly cctv evidence showing he was driving one handed on the phone and his phone bill shows he was talking to girlfriend. But his defence seems to be he was on hands free .... but police found no device in the vehicle. They decided the case merited the "death by dangerous driving" charge rather than accidental

Sad that the death of a cyclist is being muddied with defense lawyer arguments
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Driving is the most dangerous and complex activity many people ever undertake in their lives yet so many take it for granted. There would have to be a huge change in mind set for people to ever understand how dangerous not concentrating while approaching another car at 120kmh separated by 100 cms really is. That or the collision. The reality is that millions of idiots avoid death or injury every day due to pure assy luck.
    We have a device in trains called “vigilance” which requires the driver to perform a particular action every 50 seconds. If not the brakes apply. Would be interesting to see something like that in peoples cars. I of course would hate it!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I'd vote for that crisis as long as not intrusive !

My personal preference is to replace the steering wheel airbag with a 6" long sharpened spike. Focusses the mind wonderfully

People don't realise the risks fully and education isn't helping much, nor is legislation. So, the spike !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I'd vote for that crisis as long as not intrusive !

My personal preference is to replace the steering wheel airbag with a 6" long sharpened spike. Focusses the mind wonderfully

People don't realise the risks fully and education isn't helping much, nor is legislation. So, the spike !!!
    They'd get used to it...
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information