Thread: Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (R35) 2012-

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (R35) 2012-

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3

The Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 race car made a successful debut at the Blancpain Endurance Series at Magny-Cours over the weekend, finishing eight in a field of 35 cars for JR Motorsport and proving that the car has enough bite to back up its bark.

Built to GT3 race specs and jointly developed by NISMO and JRM, the NISMO GT-R carries the same 3.8-liter VR38DETT V6 engine as that of the production model with an output of 530 horsepower and 451 lb/ft of torque.

The NISMO GT-R GT3, which was driven by David Brabham and Richard Westbrook, capped off its impressive performance by covering over 440 kilometers in just a little over three hours of action, showing that it can run with the established models of the GT3 class in just its first racing action. With development only beginning a year ago, the Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3’s performance at Magny-Cours is a sign of great things to come for both the car and the JR Motorsport team.

“We came to Magny-Cours with a plan, as our main goal was to test the reliability of the car in an endurance event and to assess how it compared in a competitive environment - and that’s exactly what we’ve done," team principal Andy Barnes said.

"To achieve such a solid all-round performance has taken months of hard work by NISMO and JRM. The outcome of this weekend really underlines the true potential of the car and keeps our development program and pre-launch plans firmly on track.”

The future’s looking bright for the newest race car in the GT3 grid. Both NISMO and JRM are confident that with an impressive car in tow, the team will be remain competitive in future GT3-class races.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carreragt10; 01-06-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Nissan confirm Dubai 24 Hours line-up

Nissan have confirmed their driver line-up for next week's Dubai 24 Hours, with one car set to be handled exclusively by winners of their ‘GT Academy’ programme.

The marque's new GT3 effort, the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, will compete in the A6 class with the experienced line-up of Michael Krumm, Tom Kimber-Smith, Franck Mailleux and Alex Buncombe handling driving duties.

“2011 was a great year for Nissan and I am very much looking forward to racing the new GT3 car in Dubai,” commented the manufacturer’s works driver Krumm.

“The GT-R took us all the way to the top in 2011 so I hope we can have a good race with the new car. It’s great to celebrate a successful 2011 for Nissan and I’m excited to see how the GT Academy guys get on in the ‘All-Gamer’ car.”

In addition to their race-hardened line-up, Nissan will also field a 370Z with the four winners of their Nissan/PlayStation GT Academy on board. Recent victors Jann Mardenborough and Bryan Heitkotter will join the comparatively experienced Lucas Ordonez and Jordan Tresson in the car.

“It’s a good feeling for me to go back to Dubai as this is where it all really started for me, just three years ago,” said Ordonez. “I know that Jann and Bryan will be very nervous but also very excited to take their GT Academy prize and compete in this race.

"It’s going to be a tough race due to the heat but I am convinced that Jann and Bryan will prove that they are real racing drivers now, just as Jordan and I did last year.”

A third Nissan will compete under the RJN Motorsport banner, with Humaid Al Masaood, Richard Meaden and Tetsuya Tanaka set to drive.

Watch LIVE coverage of the Dubai 24 Hours on Motors TV

Incompatible Browser | Facebook
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Nice. Intreasting and informative thread, thanks for info.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

i like the images of it. very lovely. thanks mate for sharing this.

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 #02

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 #03

Thanks for the pics cgt10!

Pretty cool looking.

Seems like it's the car that Gran Turismo just added to its roster.

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 #4
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

2013 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3

Nissan introduced its privateer Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 racecar last year. Unlike GT-Rs competing in other series like GT1 and Japan's Super GT, the GT3 version utilizes the same 3.8-liter twin turbo V6 from the street car, the engine retuned to produce 523 horsepower. Nissan and Nismo engineers are already hard at work on next year's entrant, throwing the development car over the curbs at what looks like Fuji Speedway.

If you want to buy one, it'll cost you just about 300,000 euros ($380K US). If you just want to watch and hear one, you can watch the video below for free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Pu1Bwmj76YA

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/15/2...s-shaken-down/

Thank you!

Although you have one of the fewest posts for such a long term member, your posts are consistently awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Thank you!

Although you have one of the fewest posts for such a long term member, your posts are consistently awesome!
    Thank

Thread Information