Thread: RM Auctions Monaco Sale preview and 30th Anniversary M5 ...

RM Auctions Monaco Sale preview and 30th Anniversary M5 ...

One of the star attractions of this weekend's Monaco Historic Grand Prix will be the biennial RM Auctions sale, which boasts a star-studded line-up. A few weeks ago, we already highlighted the Maserati 450S and Ferrari 275 GTB/C and now we have taken another look through the lot list for some of the most interesting machines.
    Dubbed the 'most famous Group C car that never raced at Le Mans', the Mirage M12 Cosworth was actually qualified for Le Mans in 1982 and due to be driven by father and son Mario and Michael Andretti but disqualified from the grid. For the full story, take a look at the detailed history of this remarkable machine. Another Group C car due to cross the block is the fourth of five Aston Martin AMR1s built in 1989. We captured the consigned car last year at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion with Brian Redman at the wheel.
    Probably never seen in public in Europe in its current guise is this Ferrari 206 S Dino Spyder Speciale. It started life as one of the beautiful 206 S Dino Spyder competition cars but then went on to be re-bodied with a more modern body in 1972. Since 1976, chassis 028 has been in American ownership but it could now remain in Europe. Another re-bodied Ferrari in the auction is one of the six 575 GTZs, which was commissioned by the vendor.
    Considering the location, it is hardly surprising that several F1 cars have been consigned. Among them is the very first Hesketh 308 Cosworth raced by future World Champion James Hunt in 1974.
    BMW, meanwhile, have released the BMW M5 30th Anniversary. Celebrating three decades of the high performance sedan, BMW's Motorsport has fitted a 600 hp version of the current generation's twin-turbo V8. Just 300 examples of the '30 Jahre M5' will be available worldwide.

Enjoy the links:

1989 Aston Martin AMR1 - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 BMW M5 30th Anniversary - Images, Specifications and Information

2006 - 2008 Ferrari 575 GTZ - Images, Specifications and Information

1966 Ferrari 206 S Dino Spyder Speciale - Images, Specifications and Information

1974 - 1975 Hesketh 308 Cosworth - Images, Specifications and Information

1982 Mirage M12 Cosworth - Images, Specifications and Information

2014 Morgan Plus 8 Speedster - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

These cars are amazing. I am sure they will fetch a lot of money. I am in Monaco now with my family and I am scared my wife and daughter go into the shops. There is nothing cheap or ordinary here. Where else to hold an auction for valuable cars and the timing is perfect.

Thread Information