Displacement: 4.961 liter
    Fuel feed: Multipoint sequential Fuel injection
    Aspiration: Twin Turbo
    Gearbox:6 Speed Sequential
    Drive: All wheel drive
    Power: 610 bhp
    Torque 750 Nm / 553.2 ft lbs @ 1750 - 5800 rpm
    Power to weight ratio 0.40 bhp/kg
    Top Speed: 155.3 mph / 250.0 km/h (limited)
    0-60 mph Acceleration: 3.60 s

Porsche Carrera GT
    Weight: 1380 kg
    Engine: 68º V10
    Engine location: Mid, longitudinally mounted
    Displacement: 5.733 liter
    Fuel feed: Bosch ME7.1.1 Fuel injection
    Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
    Gearbox:6 Speed Sequential
    Drive: Rear wheel drive
    Power: 612 bhp
    Torque 590 Nm / 435.2 ft lbs @ 5750 rpm
    Power to weight ratio 0.44 bhp/kg
    Top Speed: 205.1 mph / 330.0 km/h
    0-60 mph Acceleration: 3.80 s
    Attached Images Attached Images

I vote the Porsche it's Naturally Aspirated and looks 10X better than the Audi

The twin turbo 610bhp V10 is only for the concept car.

When the Le Mans goes on sale it will be available with a naturally aspirated 4.2 litre FSI V8, producing 380bhp, and 302lb ft.
    This will be priced at about £60,000/ $110,000/ EUR90,000 and will be available with the DSL 700-6A DSG, or a conventional six speed.
    It is also likely to be electronically limited to either 155 or 175mph.

Later, the Gallardo will be updated with the engine going up to 550bhp to 600bhp, which will allow the addition of a 5.2 litre version of the V10, naturally aspirated producing 500bhp and 387lb ft.
    This model will be priced between £80-90,000/ $145-165,000/ EUR120-135,000.
    Thanks for all the fish

It doesn't matter how the Le Mans will go on sale.
    All that matters in this comparison are the specs and the design.
    If you have the money to buy a Carrera GT you could also buy a Le Mans with the Twin Turbo V10... even if somebody had to manufacture it for you...

Cya
    Andy

i'd take the audi lemans concept.

Carrera GT without a doubt!
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

im going with the CGT, because it's performance is better, it's rarer, it can be turned into a spider, and it's looks are a little better (IMO).

Carrera GT, I only like the F50 more than the Carrera GT
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Without a doubt the Carrera GT, its a fabulous car!! which would you choose? A Porsche or an Audi?...exactly.

I wouldn't connect the Le Mans with the standard Audi image.
    Don't forget that the same V10 engine (without the Twin Turbo) is running in the Gallardo.

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Without a doubt the Carrera GT, its a fabulous car!! which would you choose? A Porsche or an Audi?...exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    im going with the CGT, because it's performance is better, it's rarer, it can be turned into a spider, and it's looks are a little better (IMO).

Can't say I understand the thinking there. Audi has a great racing heritage, getting even better in recent years! I'm not gonna bother digging up results, but having shown Le Mans 24 Hour a thing or two over the last few years (give or take a Bentley here or there), I think Audi has as good a racing pedigree as Porsche. They just happen to make boring saloons too.

And the Carrera GT is rarer than a car that hasn't been released yet and has no predecessors? I'm guessing you mean the badge, in which case see above.

To be fair, If it is sold at £80k-£90k then it's probably more in 911 territory too.

I'm not saying I prefer the Audi, I wouldn't really make a choice until the Audi is out and has been driven. On looks alone, I'd struggle to make the call. I like the Carrera GT a lot, if the next generation of 911s and Boxsters were to take inspiration from it in style, I'd be pleased to see it. I really like look of the frontage of the Audi, but I'd be concerned about it just looking like a sportier TT.

For now, on looks alone, I'd go for the Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Can't say I understand the thinking there. Audi has a great racing heritage, getting even better in recent years! I'm not gonna bother digging up results, but having shown Le Mans 24 Hour a thing or two over the last few years (give or take a Bentley here or there), I think Audi has as good a racing pedigree as Porsche. They just happen to make boring saloons too.
    i never said a thing about racing, and the audi really has nothing to do with racing other than its name. the specs put up here clearly show that the CGT is faster in everything. nothing was said about racing heritages.

Yeah, the Carrera GT is faster. A lot faster. Assuming coventrysucks' info source is good then there's a massive difference in price. Hence I likened it more to a 911 in terms of car category.

My point with the racing heritage is that it was just a question about badge snobs, having put a little more thought into it since my last post, I'm quite interested what makes a badge preferable. Maybe that's for another thread and another time though. I was just making a point that in terms of sporting pedigree and quality of cars, there's nothing wrong with Audi, in my opinion.

Maybe it's just because I'm not into the badge thing at all. If Skoda were to make a car better than BMW in the same kind of category for less money, I'd buy the Skoda, since I'm more interested in the quality of the car. Not the badge.

Apologies to anyone who thought I was making any sort of argument about your opinion, I was just expressing my curiosity.

While I'm here I'd just like to say that I sorted out a bunch more pics of the LeMans and it doesnt really look much like a TT from any angle. Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    but having shown Le Mans 24 Hour a thing or two over the last few years (give or take a Bentley here or there), I think Audi has as good a racing pedigree as Porsche. They just happen to make boring saloons too.
    And that Bentley was much in common with the Audi. Anyways, I really can't make a good judgement on which I like better because I'm hearing so many different numbers. But based on looks alone, I choose the Porsche Carrera GT.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Thread Information