Thread: I thought there was suppose to be Only 5!

I thought there was suppose to be Only 5!

I've managed to find Images of 9 Jaguar Xj220s TWR ' s.
    I thought only 5 were made?
    Can someone help me out here ????
    Obviously ones a race car not a road legal car, but i carnt find any proper stats on the TWR, i know the general crap, stuff like the engine came from the MG metro 6r4, but does anyone know where i can find more? Because i find this car absoloutly Stunning,

Dont give me info on the original Xj220 i know plently on that.

Cheers jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure how many were made but I'd bet one could buy the body work and make one.

oh wow, this is very puzzling. I was looking on ebay one time and i found one of these beauts (the one on the bottom, i believe), and the seller said that only 5 were made, also.

Well I can think of 6 reasons....

1. There are only 5, but some have been resprayed during their life and old and new images exist on the 'net
    2. There are only 5, but some 'ordinary' XJ220 owners try to pass there's off as TWRs
    3. There are only 5, but some photographers don't know the difference and have labelled their images as TWRs
    4. There are only 5, but some photographers know the difference but have labelled their images as TWRs to make them sell better or them feel important
    5. There are only 5, but some XJ220 owners have bought new engines and "upgraded" theirs
    6. There were more than 5 built

With no other evidence it could be any of them, but gut-feel says a bit of 1 and 2
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Well I can think of 6 reasons....

1. There are only 5, but some have been resprayed during their life and old and new images exist on the 'net
    2. There are only 5, but some 'ordinary' XJ220 owners try to pass there's off as TWRs
    3. There are only 5, but some photographers don't know the difference and have labelled their images as TWRs
    4. There are only 5, but some photographers know the difference but have labelled their images as TWRs to make them sell better or them feel important
    5. There are only 5, but some XJ220 owners have bought new engines and "upgraded" theirs
    6. There were more than 5 built

With no other evidence it could be any of them, but gut-feel says a bit of 1 and 2
    Well i was thinking maybee replica's but their all too good, Yes maybee the respray, but some of them look awful especialy the bright torquise? and greens!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Well i was thinking maybee replica's but their all too good, Yes maybee the respray, but some of them look awful especialy the bright torquise? and greens!!!
    Good point, which brings up the seventh reason I missed.

7. Some of the pics are photoshops of 'mundane' XJ220s and labelled by the nefarious artist as TWRs. ( Can't beleive anyone on the 'net would do that )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

do any of you know if this is ultra rare???????

yes, the xj220s TWR is extremely rare, its just as rare as the mclaren f1 lm. only 5 were made.

If I had an xj220 i would get it in a Navy Blue color man I love that color.

This is my guess, but like Matra said, maybe some people have tried to pass their's off, some maybe be replicas, and some have been redone to look like one. There are so many reasons.

Thread Information