Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's "ARMY of ONE"

Bush's "ARMY of ONE"

I was reading back through the Politics thread and I came across a link I had posted back in October last year, I'm not going to start up the whole politics thread regarding reasons for the U.S.A.'s invasion of Iraq, but I would like people to see what Bush and I suppose his administration are doing for the troops that were sent there.

Please click HERE and express your comments, but please keep them relevant to the link.

More related Flash movies HERE

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I was reading back through the Politics thread and I came across a link I had posted back in October last year, I'm not going to start up the whole politics thread regarding reasons for the U.S.A.'s invasion of Iraq, but I would like people to see what Bush and I suppose his administration are doing for the troops that were sent there.

Please click HERE and express your comments, but please keep them relevant to the link.

Wow that is a powerful first video, really makes the message painful and sad.

Also, what's with http://www.takebackthemedia.com/liar.html ?
    What do Bush supporters say was the reason for such an inept-looking performance from a President ? I'm asking in case the clip is suffering from a bit of "moore-editing"... It IS scray adn I've never seen that shown over here, wonder if our government is applyign pressure to the BBC again
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

truly is painful to see what the troops have gone through in Iraq, only to find out that many of their benefits and basic support are gone when they get back.

and still, no legitimate, supported reason for this war has been given.

just gonna wait for gtface to come here and tell me how wrong we are and how Dubya is a God
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Army of one

its impressive... also very sad dont you think??? thank god that Imbecile is not my president!

well my actual point was to keep this a car page, I understand its outrageous what this "violent-redneck" has done... but there are several politics websites out there... please lets keep UCP as a car page
    If you are natural, you are cool and if you are cool you must be a CCK

hmm....

why does this type of thread keep coming up.....especially when its started by people who dont even live in America. I don't understand what your motives are....except to badmouth my President. Look i know this is a miscellaneous forum, but come on people, most of these threads are started for one goal alone....to bash anything American, because you dont approve of it...i say get your your un-american noses out of it.

It may not always start out to bash, but after about two posts it has gone overboard. I'm getting sick of people telling me how to live, how much my country is doing wrong, or not doing. I'm sick of this, its ridiculous, i have yet to see a thread bashing another country or its leaders.

And don't even try to say your motives are innocent, i'm sick of hearing that bull****.

Look i really like it here on UCP, i've been here for along time and made some friends. I don't want to leave this forum, or anything to do with this site, i like it here. But this is the kind of stuff that really bothers me and alot of other members who live in the US (not all, but some).

If this kind of stuff keeps coming up on this site, i will leave and i will take everything i've brought here with me. I dont want to do that but i will if i have to.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

If you think that's bad, imagine what the British Soldiers have to put up with.
    None of their stuff works, they keep getting shot at by the Americans, and Good old Tony wants to "reform" the Forces so that we can't actually have any sort of war without the Americans to help...

Boris Jonhson for PM!
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    ... not American ...
    Granted the poster is Canadian, but that complete site is AMERICAN.

I'm getting sick of people telling me how to live, how much my country is doing wrong, or not doing. I'm sick of this, its ridiculous,

Are you Iraqi ?
    Sorry, it just sounded like that.

Q: Is sarcasm a misunderstood form of humour ??

If this kind of stuff keeps coming up on this site, i will leave and i will take everything i've brought here with me. I dont want to do that but i will if i have to.
    Isn't it easier to just ignore the posts ?
    As a believer in free speech I dont' see it is a problem as long as it isn't the majority of posts and threads. 80/20 rules are everyhwere, so expect 20% of things on UCP to upset everyone ( fortunately seldom the same 20% )
    i have yet to see a thread bashing another country or its leaders.
    I suspect myopia is present. You want to review my coments on OUR president ( oh sorry Prime Minister ) Blair. The man's a dickhead who thinks if it makes a good story it will make good policy and if it's a shit policy as long as they can make it a good story it's fine.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 07-30-2004 at 05:42 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Coalition
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

hmm....

why does this type of thread keep coming up.....especially when its started by people who dont even live in America. I don't understand what your motives are....except to badmouth my President. Look i know this is a miscellaneous forum, but come on people, most of these threads are started for one goal alone....to bash anything American, because you dont approve of it...i say get your your un-american noses out of it.
    Yeah, true. I mean, it's not like like the US has opinions about any other countries in the world. They keep their noses out of things.

You'll notice that a lot of good points have been made on these boards. You should try to listen to some of them. If someone brings up a terrible point about Canada (ex: the historical construction of our national railways), I'm ashamed. I don't deny or point fingers, but rather accept such faults. Instead of closing your eyes and yelling, why the hell don't you pay attention to what everyone is saying?

While you keep saying stuff like this, I hope you don't wonder why your country's international reputation is going down the tubes. We all live on the same planet, and everything has an effect on everything else.

Isn't there something to be said for freedom of speech? Or do you not believe in freedom...

...most of these threads are started for one goal alone....to bash anything American, because you dont approve of it...i say get your your un-american noses out of it.
    first off, we're not bashing the US, but rather the administration leading the country. I love Americans as a people. of course I do, my mother is American, I have American citizenship! so u can't say to me to keep my "un-american" nose out of it. 2nd, Egg Nogg is right, this sort of attitude by the current administration is what has lead the downfall of the view of Americans around the world. there should be a man or woman in the white house that represents the country in a way that reflects what the country is really like.
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

whatever guys, you just say what you want, you have the freedom to say whatever you want, so do it!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Actually, there was one post that was used to just bash anything American. Anyone remember Guty_x? (or however it was spelled?) Thought, later, he was outsmarted by one of his own countrymen.

they should have a mandatory iq test for the president, vice president, secretary of defense ... ah hell the whole cabinet, and publish the results

and inorder for someone to even qualify to be a candidate they should have one over 120 points

if you're dumb enuff to choke on a pretzel ... you might mistake the football for a nintendo

btw anyone else think that the government spends wayyy to much time making crazy acronyms?

just lookin at some of them gives me headaches

sometimes i think they just change the name of something just so the acronym sounds better

for example, NASA, that just rolls off the tounge but National Aeronautics and Space Administration? for the love of god just call it the United States Space program or something

I used to think that the 2nd gulf war would be good for Iraq (Getting rid of a tyrant, saving Shiites and Kurds, and fixing the country over a long run) but bad for the United States (A lot of money wasted on another country's well-being, and no benefits from the war besides the oil). However, now, I know that I was right about one thing. The war sucked for the United States. Little did I foresee that it sucked for Iraq too. Now without an Iron Fist, the country is in total anarchy. Bush simply thought 'wow, maybe if I go into a country with the most powerful military machine in the world, remove some tyrant, maybe the shiites will love me'. No dumbass, they will not love you for destroying their families, occupying their land, and assuming power in that country.

I can not believe Bush was stupid enough to think that people of another nation would be happy (IN ANY WAY) if a foreign power took over their country. This war has not affected me in any way, and I do not hate the American people or the Government. I do, however, find the American government (not the people) very.... annoying.

As for the coalition returning power to the Iraqis, it is a load of bullshit. What happened here is not 'wow, we just destroyed a tyrant, and now someone nicer can run your nation' but rather it is a case of 'oh my ****ing god, running a country that we just beat the living crap out of is harder than i thought, here you go Iraq, take it back we do not want it anymore'. Just when the job of handling a war-torn country is getting to hard, Bush decides to back out like a bog-trotting pussy. Damn wankers.

EDIT: on another note, before the war started the most Americans voted against the war. That mean something to the president. What a shitty representative.... eh?

Also, I do not want to sound like a prick but I do not feel sorry that much for the Coalition troops that died. By joining the military, they automatically become (basically) tools for the country. I never believed that when a soldier joins the military, they do it to just PROTECT their country. They do it to SERVE their country in both DEFENSIVE and OFFENSIVE operations.
    Last edited by d-quik; 07-30-2004 at 11:40 PM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Thread Information