Thread: Got to Buy a new car recommendations please!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Got to Buy a new car recommendations please!!!!!!!

My 1997 BMW 328IS got warped by a drunk driver. He slammed into my car when i was parked at the curb he was not able to see my car because it is black and he slammed into the back and the car was declared totaled. I need to get another car under 15000 and I want another manual please give me some recommendations preferably as fast or faster than my old car!

mini cooper s

Mini Cooper S under 15,000? I think they're a wee bit more expensive.

Get an older Nissan Sentra SE-R, and use the extra cash to modify it.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Not a cooper fan and how fast is the Sentra? I really need help guys please please give me suggestions!!! Nothing too high on insurance either!

For 15k you could get a pretty nice Trans Am... probably a '98-'00 with the Ram Air and WS6 package. I imagine that it probably isn't as nice of a finish inside as the beamer.... but I know they go like hell.. gotta love the LS1.
    Or a Camaro if you like that look better.

Give us a better idea of what you want though.... your needs are kinda vague.
    '94 Intrepid ES (3.3L) :D

Greatness: repeated higher level performances over a long period of time.

Here are some specs on the 1991-1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R and some pics too:

Specifications :
    Price Range : $3,000-$7,000

Engine : 4-cylinder, DOHC, front engine FWD
    Displacement : 1,975 cc
    Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
    Transmission : 5-spd manual, 4-spd automatic
    Fuel economy : city - 24 mpg (manual), 23 mpg (auto)
    highway - 32 mpg (manual), 30 mpg (auto)

Horsepower : 140 hp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque : 133 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
    0-60 mph : 7.6 sec.

Curb Weight : 2469-2520 lbs
    Overall length : 170.3 in.
    Wheelbase : 95.7 in.
    Overall Width : 65.7 in.
    Height : 53.0 in.

EDIT: Here's some more information for you.

Pros :
    - Great, reliable engine.
    - Interior room of four-door sedan.

Cons :
    - A/C problems expensive to repair.
    - Well-maintained used models may be hard to find.

The Sentra SE-R has had a cult following since its introduction in 1991. It was a quick car in its time, and is still popular today as a base for building a competent road race car on a low budget.

This two-door coupe rides on the same B13 platform as its economy four-door sedan siblings, but in its engine bay beats a 140 hp naturally-aspirated powerhouse enough to propel the car to 60 under 7 seconds if driven aggressively. If you are into modifying cars, power can easily be boosted using various bolt-on performance parts widely available. Four-wheel disc brakes are standard, although ABS is not offered. The car can rev right up to a limited 7500 rpm and post sub-16 second quarter-mile times similar to that of the new, more powerful 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V. In other words, it is the perfect "sleeper", capable of drag-strip duty and haul four of your friends at the same time. The boxy styling received a mild makeover in '93, namely new tail-lights, along with driver-side airbag.

The car is very reliable, but reported problems include fuel pump failure and trouble with the air-conditioning. Repairing the A/C can be expensive. Also, the A/C uses old R-12 refrigerant, which would be costly to replace since all manufacturers have switched to R-134A now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ferrari Tifosi; 08-11-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Well new then how about a corolla or a scion TC?

Check out the T/A... I love the look, because there is nothing else that looks like it... plus it's got tire melting performance right out of the box

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...ar.mv&num=1151
    '94 Intrepid ES (3.3L) :D

Greatness: repeated higher level performances over a long period of time.

Have you considered the Lexus IS300 should have no problem with reliability either.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

second hand Subaru Impretza, i have seen them go for less than £8000 for a turbo one you can get a real decent one for £15000
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

That Sentra SE-R is an awesome choice. Early '90s 318is is roughly equivalent, if you must have European. An E30 M3 is a step up from the Sentra SE-R in terms of performance (but so are servicing and parts costs). $15K should find you a nice one, if you're patient. Can probably find a decent E36 M3 for that price as well.

Talking

Yeah i really loved my old BMW I must buy another one! Thanks for all of your suggestions!

e30 m3 would be easy, and hell of quicker than your old one. You could pick up a wrx for around 15. An rx7 is well in your range, but you insurance might be high. 300zx twin turbo? Audi UR Quattro? you can pick up a real nice specimen for not too much.

How about a BMW 850? You can pick up a manual for around 16 off ebay.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Thread Information