View Poll Results: Do you hate rice rockets?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

53 54.08%
  • Meh

31 31.63%
  • Yo my fart can exhaust rox y'all

14 14.29%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you Hate Rice Rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Its all relative.
    Excellent perspective.

But wait ... an Aussie talking about taste ? Can't be pass us a tinnie !!!!

I always like the subtle approach. Some cars suit certain looks. The S15 Sylvias look better without rear spoilers to me. Just change the wheels as Nissan are stingy with their wheels and tyres. But I have seen some heavily modified S15s which I really like. On th other hand R33s look piss weak standard, again in my opinion. But I have seen good and bad examples of modified ones. In the end RICE is a useful insult but I dont think any modified Jap car should automatically attract the label otherwise you may be as guilty of being as simpistic as the people you accuse.
    Well i like the sylvias and dont have a problem the the small rear chin spoilers you see on some. and as i said i like the cars suitubly modified and but im not great fan of most extrior modifcation for example i dont like paintgraphics on any car rember that black commadore on the cover of street machine a fewmonths back? I dont like that car it dispalys many aspectsof what i would classify rice and the fact its nothing that special the blower doesnt compliment the car and as i said about the graphics.
    And also i refer to cars like supras and stuff either stock or modified with a less is more matra for the extrior are what i refer to as imports notricers there is a huge diffrence to me.
    Well bad taste has been around for sometime but at least your car would actually stir somthing more then "ahhh fooly syk maaaaaaaate" i totallyagree with some bad taste eg the CLUBSPO commadore VR acclaim i have talked about in other threads. And btw ilike them spider gear knobs
    And for the Air filter i dont doubt they do actually add somthing to a car but it doesnt turn your car into a formula one car like most of the genuine ricerswould have you believe

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    And for the Air filter i dont doubt they do actually add somthing to a car but it doesnt turn your car into a formula one car like most of the genuine ricerswould have you believe
    Agreed.

Best one was when I was talking to one of these guys and he had all the shiny bits on the engine.
    He 'explained' to me that the polished inlet manifold and head made it more powerful. When I asked him a bit more he got quite annoyed and told me I knew nothing and that he'd read it in magazines and books about tuning.
    I pointed out he should maybe have read more than the introduction because you polished and ported the INSIDE of the manifolds and head. He walked away very embarrased to join his 'mates' - no doubt saying how I was an old fart and talked sh*t

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    Ricers suck. Pure and Simple. They're just ugly. Most of them are built(snapped together) for the quarter, where the areo kits are worthless. If you're looking for strait line performance, we do have muslcecars, ya know. Stick to Rally and Bikes, Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    Ricers suck. Pure and Simple. They're just ugly. Most of them are built(snapped together) for the quarter, where the areo kits are worthless. If you're looking for strait line performance, we do have muslcecars, ya know. Stick to Rally and Bikes, Japan.
    What is it with you guys
    Roads have corners.
    The best roads have FANTASTIC sweepign corners.
    Straightline speed is GREAT for drag strips.
    Why is it so black and white.
    They're for different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Agreed.

Best one was when I was talking to one of these guys and he had all the shiny bits on the engine.
    He 'explained' to me that the polished inlet manifold and head made it more powerful. When I asked him a bit more he got quite annoyed and told me I knew nothing and that he'd read it in magazines and books about tuning.
    I pointed out he should maybe have read more than the introduction because you polished and ported the INSIDE of the manifolds and head. He walked away very embarrased to join his 'mates' - no doubt saying how I was an old fart and talked sh*t
    Polished heads! laughed out with extreme volume. The only way to verify modifications is by dyno before and after. You ruined this idiots day. He was probably going around telling everyone how much faster it felt before you shit on his parade. 1 point for being such a killjoy.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    The use of the word suck or any of its derivatives when used in the context X sucks etc will from this day forth invoke a 1 point penalty where found.
    By order of self appointed vocabulary police constable Crisis.

The use of the word suck or any of its derivatives when used in the context X sucks etc will from this day forth invoke a 1 point penalty where found.
    By order of self appointed vocabulary police constable Crisis.
    Lately, joining me in my quest, you've totally been laying down the law. This is awesome. I'll co-sign with the above, at least to a certain extent. Vaccuums are kosher.

+1 as soon as it'll let me again.

Me, personally, if It has wheels, an engine and something similar to a body, I'm into it. I'll look at an import as quickly as I would a hotrod, a hotrod as quickly as I'll look at a motorcycle, a motorcycle as quickly as I would a truck, and a truck as quickly as a ... well,... golfcart. Like I said, I like anything with wheels, something similar to a body, and an engine. The only time I'll hate something like an Import is when a guy or girl with the intellengence about his/her car as the ground clearence of their car. That, and street racers bother me. Doing something like that to have a "rush" while endangering others is just plain, flat out, stupid and should never be condoned! Geez, I'm starting to sound like an old fart and I'm only 19. 0_0-weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Lately, joining me in my quest, you've totally been laying down the law. This is awesome. I'll co-sign with the above, at least to a certain extent. Vaccuums are kosher.

+1 as soon as it'll let me again.
    I have a new calling. together we can all make a difference.

Excellent perspective.

But wait ... an Aussie talking about taste ? Can't be pass us a tinnie !!!!
    The most tasteful thing the English have done is sell their car companies overseas.

The most tasteful thing the English have done is sell their car companies overseas.
    Nice one

I'm Scottish, so ... do you think I care about English car compaies ?

We're the rugby ( and soccer ) fans who will support Scotland first and whoever England is playing against second

Nice one

I'm Scottish, so ... do you think I care about English car compaies ?

We're the rugby ( and soccer ) fans who will support Scotland first and whoever England is playing against second
    There, we have something in common. Some of my ancestors are Scottish.

There, we have something in common. Some of my ancestors are Scottish.
    Let me guess ...Too damn cheap to pay for a return ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Let me guess ...Too damn cheap to pay for a return ticket?
    Then there is my English grandmother, Portugese/South African grandfather and another grandma with long pommy roots. Im a bit of a mongrel. woof.

Thread Information