Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Avalanche

none of u believed me did ya? i told u that there wer gonna be two cars, hsv's version of the avalanche and a coupe with a special feature that chages the way it drives dramatically ALL WHEEL DRIVE, well anyway i didnt get a ride in the coupe but i sat in the avalanche for about 100m of driving (from the truck to workshop) not all that exciting

now hopgully the coupe makes production i understand they have already singed off the avalanche

Well i have made it fairly clear im not fussed about AWD same with crisis give me a good RWD any day.

Originally posted by Falcon500
    Well i have made it fairly clear im not fussed about AWD same with crisis give me a good RWD any day.
    the point is u thought i was full of shit and now u know i was telling u guys the truth

I actually gave you the benifit of the doubt thank you very much. You should stop know while your ahead. And my point i was trying to make was im not fussed by AWD if it comes in it comes in if it doesnt all the better.

dont worry i have already quit no that im ahead...

i have heard figures of around 7 seconds 0-100km/h which sound more realistic and pato we didnt need you to tell us HSV would have a version of the avalanche. u never budged on any of the details and kept us guessing and now your saying there would be 2 secret cars, one of them a coupe yada yada yada

that sounds more realistic.
    Your right he didnt really give any info just that there will be a silver coupe with what im assuming awd i was being a smart arse before.

i found out what restricts the power, and of all things, its the exhaust diameter arounf the front axle on the avalanch and coupe 4. HSV have answered back to that that their original target was "only" 260kw anyway.

Yeah exaust clearnce would be a problem on that and i think thats holdens way of saying we were screaming for attention we never planed to have that much.

I read where HSV claimed it was restricted by the exhaust outlet diameters. I wonder if they were also worried about putting too much power through the transfer case seeing that its a new design. Interestingly the Coupe 4, although only 270kw, lapped one of the tracks HSV use quicker than any other HSV. Still give me a GTS Coupe any day.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

id say it held better speed through corners or sumthin crisis, but i think for most peoples needsa GTS coupe would be more of a thrill. i dont know many people with a 6 figure car that take them out on the track regularly. id like to think that the transfer case was up to 300kw, other wise the avalanche would be experiencing driveline problems the XR6T has, but to a lesser extent. i guess because HSV arent really expecting buyers to take them offroad they werent too concerned about how close to the driveline limit they took the car

Is the avalanch supposed to be taken off road?

Off the road and into the driveway.

thats about it id say. although its got the hardware to go offroad so theres nothing much stopping it, just the owners concern for things like the front and rear bumpers and getting the thing scratched

And destroying the 55 profile road tyres.

Thread Information