Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathurst 24 hour

some ppl on this forum?

at least give me the curtisy of a name.
    well i read in the paper that mark skaife is the head driver in the red monaro and that peter brock is in the yellow one...

Well accoprding to the bathurst 24 hour web site the yellow monaros will have Nathan pretty (driver in the nations cup sries) as the lead driver also with Garth Tander,Greg Murphy and Steven richards (assuiming it only gives the last names) and in the red one They have peter brock as the main driver with Jason bright, Camron McConville and Todd kelly as the co driver no mention of skaife any where on the offical website
    And the team that crick,bowe and jones will be driving for it PHR Scuderia and the 4th drivers last name is Algadri (im not familar with the name)

ive got better things to do than that. i dunno whether id readlly be interested in it or not though, it would seem too much like the v8 supercars to pay any more interest in them

Ok then your loss FPV its quite an enjoyable race.

it probably is enjoyable seeing the young guns trying to control 635hp and 600hp machines around the same tracks as the proffessionals. i know the likes of mark winterbottom who won this years konicas was, although better than some regular v8 supercar drivers, wasnt anything compared to that of his team mates ingall and ambrose or the other 8 people currently in the top 10 in points or others outside the top 10 from a bad year like seto

Well winterbottem was going bettetr then ambrose at one stage its too bad the stone look like keepin him in the konicas but on that note it will also be as equily sad hell more then likly dissapear if he enters the main game its happend to jamie wincup who won last year and is currently in last i think. And not all opf them are young guns and also a good nuimber are forigners who are very experianced at endurance racing.

well i think when winterbottom was doing better than ambrose it was because ambrose had completed more stops. probably because the debris was cutting up ambroses tires and he had to change them earlier than expected

but if SBR wanted to expand to a 4 car team or withdraw from konicas and put winterbottom in the v8 supercars, theyd be looking at his lap times rather than results to make their decision. mark noske proved he was better than i though he would be in the enduros though. SBR next year might pair winterbottom with ambrose, cause i think ingall and ambrose werent exactly happy with the sacrifices they made in the car setup

well nosky has been in several enduros and hes gotten that au of his in a top 10 shoot out this year. You may be right about ambrose not having the luck that winterbottm had but in the end it dint matter how much better he preformed they reiterd the car but atill a mervelous race ran by him.

its a great race what are u talking about?, at least it is a bit of variety (compared to two manufacturers in the V8's) plus i love watching aussie muscle kick some fancy European and American Arse!

ummm well the 427 monaro is a c5 corvette under the skin but the versatility is great we even have a morgan are8 raceing this year.

i think the only australian parts of a monaro 427 are the gearbox, diff and body. those morgans would be hard to beat

The gear box is made by holinger (same guy how makes the v8 super car boxes) The diff is imported from america i think and anyways its a FORD 9inch diff (incidently also what the v8 supercars use) the body the only parts that wernt remanufacturoed was the doors which were in turn heavily modifed and you shouldent refer to it as a holden Its a GRM (Garry Rodgers Motorsport) Monaro.

aw well i got the diff part wrong. either way its still not an australian engineered holden part

Agreed
    But i dont blame them for using the ford diff all the parts on the car that wernt corvette c5 based were based on a v8 super car and the 9 inchers have been proven perofamce peices time and time again and they also have a huge after market stockpile of bits and peices for them.
    The thing that gets me is that holden didnt make it! Why not? they have the resources they have the money so why did they contract GRM to do it?
    Also GRM wasnt their first choice initally they wanted HRT to do it but they palmed it off and didnt want anything to do with it (alternativly that may be why skaify isnt driving for them) and holden quite happily admitted that GRM was quite far down on their list of Groups they wanted to do this job.

Thread Information