Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1,200HP 74 Corvette

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    345's? HA! you need the full-on drag slicks you see on funny cars to handle 1200 ponies.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    345's? HA! you need the full-on drag slicks you see on funny cars to handle 1200 ponies.
    Yeah. Serious heavy duty drag radials is probably all that will work. If you rev that thing just 1000 rpm too high, then shift to first, DAMN your tires are gonna rip apart! I saw a video of an 800TT Venom doing that, they revved it to redline, then shifted to first........it did not move, and a crapload of smoke was created along with at the end, what looked like a peice of shredded rubber being flung back behind the car. Think what THIS thing could do?! (Thats alot of spare tires you'll need!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

that was my point, nearly every car in world wouldn't be able to smoke 345s but this would. And CdocZ, any car with decent power would do what your beloved 800TT Venom would do, its called a burnout
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    that was my point, nearly every car in world wouldn't be able to smoke 345s but this would. And CdocZ, any car with decent power would do what your beloved 800TT Venom would do, its called a burnout
    That was not the point.....the point was that was the car in the movie I saw, and I know what it is called. I know many cars can do that. Just because I said only one car in specific does not mean I am ignorant, it just might be that was the most spectacular one I saw.

74 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Your right this Merlin moves and has a problem leaving rubber where ever it goes.

Your right, keeping this Merlin on the road has beeeen work, may have to bring him down to 800 hp. Looking for the software. I just got on the forum per a suggestion by a fellow Texan who saw my car at the Ft. Worth car show two weeks ago. I just got this car end of Jan. 05. Still learning to drive! The neighbors have already had the cops out once. Had to shut down and play possuim so they couldn't hear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin74 Vette
    Your right, keeping this Merlin on the road has beeeen work, may have to bring him down to 800 hp. Looking for the software. I just got on the forum per a suggestion by a fellow Texan who saw my car at the Ft. Worth car show two weeks ago. I just got this car end of Jan. 05. Still learning to drive! The neighbors have already had the cops out once. Had to shut down and play possuim so they couldn't hear me.
    Waiiiiit.......do you own that thing?!?! Or am I badly misunderstanding you?

I think that he's saying owns it, but we'd have to do an EggNog challenge, of course.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 03-22-2005 at 06:00 PM.

wow thats a lot of horsepower

1200 HP vette

I kno its been dead a while but for others who stumble on it, this car is not by any means meant to run "just straight lines", it is a "pro-touring" machine. It dominates in all aspects of racing.
    Heres the link to this unreal ride:

1200hp Twin Whipple Charged Vette
    1,200hp Twin Whipple charged 512 CID Merlin - Video
    TURN THE VOLUME WAY UP for this one!!
    .......and maybe some pics:

Lateral-g.net :: 1,200hp Twin Whipple 512 CID Merlin C3

I am not sure who bought it at Barrett-jackson but I have some in depth specs.
    Project named "Merlin" or "Project Insane Asylum"
    1974 Vette
    1,200hp Twin Whipple charged 512 CID Merlin
    Richmond 6 Speed
    19" HRE 547 Wheels
    345/30/19
    285/30/19
    Designed and Created by Steve Kamis. Four year build done by Corvette professionals every nut, bolt, screw and piece is NEW on this car. Many, many upgrades and performance pieces. Race prepped 522 Merlin engine with approximately 1200 HP( found stats sayin 1360HP, fuel injected twin whipple super chargers with quad rotor set up, Merlin aluminum heads, 4" custom jet coated exhaust, custom made HRE wheels, largest custom wheel ever made for a Corvette. Autronic SMC computer system, aluminum radiator, heavy duty cut brakes, VB & P performance suspension, custom flared body kit, custom made factory looking gauges with a 250 mph speedometer, Recarro seats, custom roll bar, power windows, factory air, all top of the line parts in engine and throughout the car. Truly one of a kind attention getter. $260,000 has been invested
    I would really like to see some more vides of it tho...... Lata
    Last edited by kmckirryher; 02-17-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Thread Information