Thread: Wow that was cool

Wow that was cool

Tonight I drove along a road with a few friends that they valled "the roller coaster road" it's only about a klick long but it twists and goes up and down tons it was great, but what made it spectacular was I got air off one hill it was a really cool feeling, I feel like a rally star.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    ... and then your suspention gave way and you have to have your car towed.

My dad's mate got his car in the air with my dad in it, when they landed the shocks came up away from the top mount and up throught the bonnet! Oops.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

I have this stretch of road which I use to get on the M1 when I'm going north, It's awesome.

It's a little B road through a local wood, it's about 3 or 4 miles long with the highest part somewhere in the middle, so it's true rollercoaster territory. My car has sod all torque so it requires a bit of hard work getting to the top, but after that I just knock it into neutral and let gravity do it's thing for about 2 minutes. You could make use of the engine to get down again, but it's so steep and twisty that you'd just be hitting the brakes all the time. Awesome fun though.

i live in a suburb of Milwaukee, and rural Wisconsin is known for it's rolling hills. And of course the roads that traverse them. One day my dad took me in the Jag XJS at about 60 on one, got air and since it's so low it ripped the lower bumper off. Nothing happened to the suspension, it's stiff. Didn't matter, the lower bumper scraped on stuff all the time anyway.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

lol, with mky lowered suspension i have to go slowly over things now or i get big time wheel-on-gaurd scrapage, not a good sound.

theres a place about 20 mins away that links the monaro highway to queanbyan but no one knows about it cept the people who live in the rural settlements out there. At 2am you can hit max throttle along the small dirt section before hitting a twisty downhill section, its the best fun and because its always deserted you can just hit it not have to worry
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information