Thread: Mk 4 Supra vs. R34 Skyline GTR

Question Mk 4 Supra vs. R34 Skyline GTR

This is a debate thats been on for years. I've driven both and they are very nice cars. They have there strong and weak points. Often one is better than the other because the drivers driving style suits his preference. The supra driven correctly can take out an R34 in a straight drag but when you see that corner coming up REALLY FAST you start to pray for the 4 wheel drive skyline. it also depends what modifications have been made to the cars and how they are set up ect.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, these cars should not be compared, as they have been produced for different driving needs, and for different price points. They are both very good, fast, fun, and provide a great alternative to the majority or cars available in the US and Australia. Why can't people leave it at that?

Originally posted by Nildo
    I have said it before, and I will say it again, these cars should not be compared, as they have been produced for different driving needs, and for different price points. They are both very good, fast, fun, and provide a great alternative to the majority or cars available in the US and Australia. Why can't people leave it at that?
    i hate to admit it but i agree with u...besides as long as its a skyline gt-r it has my total support, i dont like the gt-s models as i consider them as a disgrace to the skylines because just yesterday i saw a skyline gt-s getting wasted in a light to light race by a 4 door v-tec accord which was totally stock!

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    i hate to admit it but i agree with u...besides as long as its a skyline gt-r it has my total support, i dont like the gt-s models as i consider them as a disgrace to the skylines because just yesterday i saw a skyline gt-s getting wasted in a light to light race by a 4 door v-tec accord which was totally stock!
    How could you possibly know the Accord was stock? How do you know both were trying to race? How do you know both drivers were capable? How do you know someone didnt miss a gear?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    How could you possibly know the Accord was stock? How do you know both were trying to race? How do you know both drivers were capable? How do you know someone didnt miss a gear?
    i doubt a 4 door accord could beat a Skyline GT-R. and if they were both racing and the accord won, the driver of the Skyline musthave been the worst driver if the accord was stock, which I doubt very very much
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

There are many variables that could have contributed to who won that drag, including the fact that you dont know if they were dragging or not, to begin with.

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i doubt a 4 door accord could beat a Skyline GT-R. and if they were both racing and the accord won, the driver of the Skyline musthave been the worst driver if the accord was stock, which I doubt very very much
    GT-S not GT-R. you could knock me over with a feather if i ever saw a stock v-tec accord beat a stock skyline GT-R, and both were driven by drivers with same experience and capabilities.

If it was a plain old GTS then of course it won't win any drags. The GTS-t on the other hand is capable and quick, and will flog any V-TEC this side of an NSX.

Well, recently i was in surfers paradise and i decide to go to Broadwater Carpark. This is like the meeting place for all modified cars that are any descent. A guy there had a GT-S which he had customized inside and out to drive and look alot like a GT-R. Twin turbo chargers under the hood he took out the back seat and added two racing seats to match the front seats. It looked like a modified GT-R with an extra door.

Thread Information