Thread: Right and Wrong

Right and Wrong

My baby has been acting up recently and today I finally was able to fix her after 3.5 hours of freezing cold mechanic work in the dark she runs like new. Let me show you what was wrong. Picture 1 is what an engine mount bracket should roughly look like. Picures 2 and 3 show you the state of my old bracket. This little problem plauged me for more than a month and left me with out 5th gear and a very noisy very shaky car. But now things are better, What would have cost me about $150 in a shop cost me $10 and a bunch of swearing and well in this case Cheaper I think is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Just feel lucky that you have an older VW... all the newer ones (Audis included) use mounting brackets stronger than the actual block itself. What happens in a crash? Well, you need a new block, that's what!

A year ago my dad got a new engine for his jeep and the repair guy discoverd that all four mouinting brackets had broken off... lol. Saved him some labor money tho.

BTW: he just got a kick ass Toyota Highlander Limited.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information