Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 Nissan Skyline GT-R Fully modded VS Mazda RX-8 Fully Modded

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7
    There is an R32 GTR Here in NZ driven by a dude named Glen Suckling pushing 1300hp with the help of a little N2O. It runs an 8.69 1/4 mile. It is the fastest street car in NZ.
    i've got to see that one!!

If they ended up having the same (all improtant) power to weight ratio, the stright six skyline engine would produce a fair bit more torque which would help it overcome the RX-8.
    i think if both have equal power-to-weight ratio, RX-8 would probably win, because it have better handling.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

been here, discussed this, all before...
    The Datto will rage again...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I honestly have no clue which would win, but IMHO the RX8 is fugly, so I'll take the Skyline, thank you very much.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn

i think if both have equal power-to-weight ratio, RX-8 would probably win, because it have better handling.
    I thought i made it quite clear that i based my ideas on the 1/4 mile seeing as that is what people mostly associate preformance with. So once again, my ideas were based on the 1/4 mile, thankyou.

Check the 2nd best time in the 8 second club:
    http://www.performancecar.co.nz/race_results.php

And this is a very good link:
    http://www.croydons.co.nz/the5thdime...n.asp?pageid=4

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Now come on Shawn.. If there really was a 1350HP Skyline GT-R there's no way a Stock RX8 could beat it on a track. Skylines perform pretty good on tracks also... and with 1350HP...
    Not tracks... I said most autocross courses. That would be referring to the majority of them, which are intensely handling-based, and where overpowered cars tend not to do very well. I'm completely not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by driftnWRX
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. RX-8's have no real tuning history let alone history for ever being fast. I think most knowledgeable JDM car enthusiasts would agree the Skyline has the most high HP tuning potential of any JDM superbeast. So tell your friend to shut up, and may as well just kick his ass too...the Skyline wins.
    ok first of all a car has nothing to do with the horsepower, thats called the engine

and second horsepower has nothing to do with acceleration that's torque, and third if you ever just blurt babble then say skyline owns or something I will personally kick YOUR ass

im guessing u mean at the 1/4 strip. The skyline would win.
    you know what i think would win? a rocket strapped to ur ass cuz thats about as much fun as you can get going in a strait line

final word

too many skyline fanboys = car that will be spat on

rx8 = cool car, innovative ideas, cool engine n actual back seats (i still wont sit in em)

ill take the lancer evo any version any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    you know what i think would win? a rocket strapped to ur ass cuz thats about as much fun as you can get going in a strait line
    That would be fun

And if ur calling me a skyline fanboy u can strap a rocket 2 ur own ass.
    Skylines in my eyes arn't that great.

That would be fun

And if ur calling me a skyline fanboy u can strap a rocket 2 ur own ass.
    Skylines in my eyes arn't that great.
    i meant the other guy

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Not tracks... I said most autocross courses. That would be referring to the majority of them, which are intensely handling-based, and where overpowered cars tend not to do very well. I'm completely not joking.
    But you have to give credit where deserved. The Skyline has a good handling and performs pretty well. I've seen the best motoring vids of 550Hp Skylines or so and the handling/power is just awesome.

I still have not seen an RX8 video, but I've heard they got an awesome handling... But "easily trash" an Skyline wouldn't be that easy. I would refer to it as an even race.

This thread is retarded, although the Skyline would probably win, there are no figures or any kinds of proof showing that this Skyline that you're talking about has 1350 horsepower. Stop watching the Fast and the Furious and get a life.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    there are no figures or any kinds of proof showing that this Skyline that you're talking about has 1350 horsepower.

He's not talking about any skyline in particular, he's just saying "what if"

He's not talking about any skyline in particular, he's just saying "what if"
    you just blew your own logic. in that case, what if we did an engine swap in the 8? mind you there is a lot of love room in the hood...
    what say we rip out the renesis, rip out some other things, and throw in mazda's R26B, if you've got it, which you don't. then you've got 700 unblown ponys.

(funny thing is, maybe you guys might want to comment on this, but this might actually work if you could ever get your hands on one. it weighs actually a little less than before (180kg) and it is still small enough to fit. Although one would have to redo the rest of the drivetrain to hold the power, one could argue that the rx8 will keep its perfect 50/50 ratio. So unlike the nissan, which would not be 50/50 (but still would have awd), the rx8 would have great power and perfect balance. So like eggy said. yeah the rx8 would probably beat a blown skyline in an autocross, especially if bumped to a screaming 700)

Thread Information