Thread: Bigger IS better!!

Bigger IS better!!

Bigger IS better I tell ya!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (160.0 KB, 53 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (220.0 KB, 38 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (221.8 KB, 42 views)
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Someone put some time and effort into that blown small block!! Nice job. Is that the exaust pipe hanging so low under the Montecarlo?? How does the owner drive around with it hanging so low? It's gonna hit something and fall off soon enough. Nice engine, sloppy work on the exaust though. I give the car a 7.5 as far as hot rods go.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

That is one sweet Monte, I love to see slick sleepers (not sure if this one qualifies with the huge exhaust pipe underneath) made from older everyday cars like 87 grand nationals and such
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

That's a 5 inch downpipe... Imagine the sounds that thing makes. I bet the owner looks like a lot.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

That's not a Monte Carlo.

It's a late 70s/early 80s Ford Fairmont Futura.

Engine work looks like a photochop. The first pothole would rip out that huge pipe hanging down below.

Madman of the People

Quote Originally Posted by Madman
    That's not a Monte Carlo.
    It's a late 70s/early 80s Ford Fairmont Futura.
    Engine work looks like a photochop. The first pothole would rip out that huge pipe hanging down below.
    First, if it's not a monte carlo, why is the license plate, TT MONTE(twin turbo monte carlo)???

It looks to be set up for drag racing... I dont think it see's the road much, probably to a few car shows if anything.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

The plate reads "TT MONT".

The TT bit could stand for either Twin Turbo or even Tourist Trophy and I assume the MONT is an abbreviation of FairMONT.

At any rate, I am positive that is a 1978-83 Ford Fairmont because I remember seeing a million of the damn things back in the 70's and 80's. I also know it is a Futura model because of the side greenhouse profile. Two-door Fairmont Futuras had a very thick B-pillar that tapered rearwards at the lower edge, just like the one in the photo does. The basic (non-Futura) two-door Fairmonts had a more conventional looking side window profile. On the four-door Fairmonts it was much harder to tell a Futura from the bog-standard Fairmont. At the time, there was also a badge-engineered Mercury Zephyr version. The Fairmont/Zephyr was one of the earliest incarnations of Ford's "Fox" platform which also provided the underpinnings for the early 80's box-shaped Ford Granada, Thunderbird and Mercury Cougar (two and four door Cougars during those years) as well as the 1979-on Ford Mustang and it's early 80's Mercury Capri twin.

Like I said, I remember these cars so well because, back in the day, these damn things were EVERYWHERE! Sort of like Accords and Camrys are today.
    No Monte Carlo ever looked like this!

Madman of the People

P.S. You can go to Yahoo and click on "Images" above the search box.
    Type in "Ford Fairmont" and you will see about a zillion pictures of cars that look like the one above. On the first page, there is a red and white (Two-Tone was big with Ford back in those days) of a two-door Fairmont Futura.
    Last edited by Madman; 09-10-2004 at 09:05 PM.

Madman is correct, it is a Ford Fairmont. Engine should have been a giant giveaway. Look at the distributor and the exhaust headers. GM's are like this 0 00 0 while Fords are 0 0 0 0. GM distributors are in the rear of the engine while Fords are in the front. Mopar engines are also, but they are angled, this one, as you see, is straight up and down.
    Last edited by DodgeNitroBIRM; 09-10-2004 at 09:29 PM.

Bigger is only better with the ladies
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Reminds me of this '67 Chevelle that was in Chevelle magazine a while back. ZZ502, twin centrifugal superchargers. 850hp, 1100lb-ft of torque on pump gas. Priceless.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Bigger is only better with the ladies
    wait, aren't you 12 years old?

don't take me seriously though

Thread Information