Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: curious now

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    matra...

really are unstoppable eh...

lets see wat u kno abt...um...

arab bedoin dances.
    ah well when I worked as a eunoch I aw all the dances and dancers.

I liked the job, but couldn't keep it up
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

:P
    jus had to didnt u...

ok....wat do u kno abt - and first hand experiance only - flyin a plane??
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

:P
    jus had to didnt u...

ok....wat do u kno abt - and first hand experiance only - flyin a plane??
    Brought up at the feet of a WW2 fighter pilot ... what can I say guys

Seriously, know all the engineering and principles, flown 100s of thousands of miles in all sizes in all countries and NOT ONCE taken the stick in the air Always was an ambition but cars took up all the money and time.

Was close to having a passenger ride in a Spitfire in my dad's later years but sadly was unable to arrange it for him ( and me ). Maybe some day !!

It's expensive to fly in the UK
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    oops, stand corrected.

I had a kidney stone a few years back.

The doctors said the pain is at the same level as childbirth but has the disadvantage of being continuous unlike delivery with it's contractions.

I was give morphine at home by my doctor to reduce the pain and ANOTHER intravenous morphine in the ambulance. Now THAT is a serious drug and WAAAAAY surpasses anything else Kept me on it for about 6 hours till it all passed ( pun intended ).
    Come on matty everyone knows men can't feel child birth they have the problem for months not hours, I had a gromit pulled off my ear drum it took 15 min i almost fainted the sharpest pain i have ever felt, I also got a 150kg kick in the nick nacks but still not child birth we men can't say a word about that or we will get the nicks cut off by the women
    Had my nose broken about 12 months ago it was easy had the op and it's straight drove home 3 hours laterCool bananas
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

matra....how many lives have u lived?!?! no1 can do all that in one bloody lifetime....

um...orite, no readin up on it now or anything...wat do u kno about andalusia?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    just go and see "Life of Brian"
    HAHAHA, that's great. When "The Passion of the Christ" was released, Best Buy (a store that sells DVD's, CD's, video games, electronics, etc. for the those who don't know) set up a display titled "Inspirational movies" I was looking through it and it all fit until I saw Life of Brian sitting there. I started cracking up, I couldn't help it. I don't know if it was some sort of joke or a horrible mistake, but hilarious none the less.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Come on matty everyone knows men can't feel child birth they have the problem for months not hours,
    erm, child BIRTH is only up to 36/48 jours MAX.
    It comes in 'waves' - contractions - each lasting approx 5-10 seconds and spaced apart.
    Pray you never get a kidney stone that moves befor ethey can break it up.
    THEN the pain is CONTINUOUS and of similar intensity to the PEAK of a childbrirth contracts/delivery.
    It took about 5 hours for a thing smaller than a pin head to move out of me and I was on intraveneous morphone to contain the pain.

I played rugby for 9 years, plenty of broken noses, teeth, jaw and injured limbs torn muslces. I know pain, you do NOT know pain till you either go through childbirth or kideny stone !!

Kudos for women WANTING that pain

matra....how many lives have u lived?!?! no1 can do all that in one bloody lifetime....
    Well consider it as you age each day.
    Tomorrow what are you going to take a chance to do that is different and more challenging than what you have doen up till this point in your life.
    THAT is the way to live a full life and you WILL be able to expereince what many don't have the courage to do.
    Try it
    I've NEVER turned down an opportunity to do something different, daring and jsut plain crazy. LOVE IT and plan to continue till I croak !!!! Anything else is a waste
    um...orite, no readin up on it now or anything...wat do u kno about andalusia?
    The scientific technique of misplacing the extremities of ones arms such that they cannot be found again ?

Look out for the poor bitch who's given birth and had kidney stones...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i think i'd rather know Capoeira personally.....

I wanna learn that sometime, ive seen videos of it, its awsome. Might be hard to find a person to teach me in seattle tho .
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

soz matra...
    andalusia was the name of spain until abt 1600 ad...

interestin topic to read up on...

is it possible!!! something has been found that matra did not know?
    *blue faints*
    The Datto will rage again...

soz matra...

Our country fought an 80 year war to get liberated from the Spanish occupation. That war was from 1568-1648. We always learned that it was spain that was occupying us, not Andalusia. However even in our current national anthem we have a line saying that "we have always honoured the king of Spain". particularly ironic during the Franco times.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

soz matra...

erm, it's still the name for the sothern part but over here we spell it with a C.
    My daughters have owned and competed on horses for nearly 10 years now, so I know a bit about the Andalusian equine blood line coz they keep wanting to put exotic thouroughbreds

I had gone for the humourous reply, so are bad puns not a good idea with so many non-English first-language readers ?

Andalusia - The scientific technique of misplacing the extremities of ones arms such that they cannot be found again ?

HAND - extremeties of the arms
    LOSE - cannot be found again
    IA - suffix indicating a Disease; pathological or abnormal condition

Just these don't work when you have to explain them

Hey I lived in Andalusia (or Andalucia) when I was a little kid. We were stationed at the Naval base at Rota, not far from Cadiz as I recall..

Man Matra that must be torture with the planes, my former fater-in-law had a recreational license and was a certified instructor, I only went up with him once and got to take the stick of a Cessna 150. Feels sort of like driving a car on a balance beam.

Topics no one might know about........Norse Gods? Nah I'm sure there's some Scandanavians hangin' about.....Quantum Mechanics? I'll bet somebody here knows a bit about that, too. From the sound of it Henk probably knows a bit about the political and social causes of the Spanish Civil War......so that's out. Hmmm....how about tarot card reading?
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Thread Information