Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skyline Accident...

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Holy sh*t!

Are there more pics.
    Ok. So where did you hear about this Niko?
    Dang. That's not something I'd want to do. Check a guy's pulse, and just see him lying there dead.

Regards to the friends and famalies of the victims.
    Oddest place... the SVT forum.

Here's another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    I bet tho they were probilly under age.

this is how I think of it.

this guy meets this pretty girl at school. (high school).
    he invites her over and then tries to impress her with his father's Skyline.
    he gets his buddy over.
    they all go for a ride and the girl does the 'ooooo what a cool car' routene, and the guy now being a jock tries to impress her even further by SPEEDIN! he gets the car to top 170 when a regular driving car came around they swerved to missit and instead they hit the poll. the car seperates and the girl in the back seat gets crushed and the boys get flung out and die when they hit the ground.

even though it was out of stupidity, yes, it is sad the people died and i'm sorry for that but seeing the car like that is really sad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cossie
    ^YOUR A COMPLETE AND UTTER DICKHEAD MATE!!!!!^
    It was a very stupid comment, but try to remember he is only 12 yrs old, but even that is a poor excuse for such a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by cossie
    Condolances to the family and that moron of a father has alot to answer for,no different to leaving a loaded gun around for the kids to play with
    I don't think its the same as leaving a loaded gun around, but I do think part of the fault lies on the kids parents as they are ultimately responsible for the way their kids behave in regards to rules, responsibility and common sense. IMHO.

My condolences to friends and family.

Sorry

The accident is such a tragic thing to happen, but some blame has to lie on the parents. Allowing a teen to drive a standard Skyline would be bad, but a 700bhp one, thats just plain wrong.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...?oneclick=true

Driver was 20, passengers: a 33 year old guy and a 15 year old pregnant girl.

My condolences.

Not the father's fault. Sad turn of events though. Whenever I've lived near high schools, I've witness automotive hooliganism. Many thousands of teens die in car wrecks every year. If the car happens to be especially sporty it gets the blame. The fault lies with the idiot driver and those who couldn't get him to slow down, failing to realize he didn't know what he was doing. Partially to blame are video games. As realistic as they've become they tend to boost peoples confidence, just there's no reset button in real life. Desenitized to violence and speed, unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality.

Please post some more pics so atleast we, auto enthusiasts, can see what happens to cars and bodies in a crash. Not out of morbid curiosity but to learn to respect the laws physics and the power we command in an auto.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I don't think its the same as leaving a loaded gun around.
    on the contrary,every car has to be respected and handled with care as a gun does,a car can kill just as quick as a loaded gun and with more ramifications as it has a higher chance of inadvertently killing the operater,especially when it is made available to the young and or inexperienced,hence when you own a 700hp car even more forethought must be given by the owners as it is more of an attractive 'Don't touch' than the family wagon
    Last edited by cossie; 11-24-2004 at 12:54 PM.

One a kid of 16-20 leave your house and goes out, They can do millions of things, As parents family we cant keep them locked away till we die can we, So we try as best as we can to teach them the rights and wrongs responsabilty,
    We cant follow them 24/7. To easy to blame the parents always.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

maybe this will put all those R34 fanboys in their place...

sobering story. I hope it doesn't happen again (but it will probably happen again in a few hours).
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Suffice it to say, no car ends up looking like this:

Without a completely irresponsible moron behind the wheel. It doesn't matter what kind of car it is - a teenager can potenially drive a 700hp Skyline/Camaro/Whatever and still be a perfectly responsible driver, or he could wrap a Stock 1982 Honda Civic around a pole. The difference is the driver, and how %&$@#@ stupid they can be.

I think every country should have driver training courses similar to the one in Germany (or other similarly-run systems). It makes me sick how easy it is for dumbass kids to become legally able to drive a car.

well shawn, I think that he could be a responsible driver, but if he wanted to impress this girl, so his brain probilly shut off and he just wanted her on his side. so he stupidly sped up 'ooh shed love this'.

I think a real relationship comes when the partner likes you for yourself, not because you can blast 170 down 9th street in a Skyline.

well shawn, I think that he could be a responsible driver, but if he wanted to impress this girl, so his brain probilly shut off and he just wanted her on his side. so he stupidly sped up 'ooh shed love this'
    Yeah, other than the time that I shot that guy in the face, I am a responsible person. Therefore I should not go to jail, right?

So if this 20 year-old guy was trying to impress this pregnant 15 year-old girl, it's suddenly justifiable to drive like a goddamn moron and wrap the 700hp car he took from his father (without asking) around a pole? I think you need to look up the definition of "responsibility", because it certainly doesn't stretch far enough to include being a $&@*#$@# irresponsible idiot.

Being a dumbass isn't a very good excuse for being a dumbass.

"But officer, I was trying to impress this chick"

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Yeah, other than the time that I shot that guy in the face, I am a responsible person. Therfore I should not go to jail, right?

So if this 20 year-old guy was trying to impress this pregnant 15 year-old girl, it's suddenly justifiable to drive like a goddamn moron and wrap the 700hp car he took from his father (without asking) around a pole? I think you need to look up the definition of "responsibility", because it certainly doesn't stretch far enough to include being a $&@*#$@# moron.

Being a dumbass isn't a very good excuse for being a dumbass.

"But officer, I was trying to impress this chick"

i was saying that as the modom, he was still stupid, but that's teens for ya, all I was trying to say, i'nm not taking his side, he's lucky he's dead cause I would of messed up his face for destroing such a beautiful car, but shawn I was aggreeing with you, that kid was a dumbass and he should be creamated for that stunt.

ARGH$&*@%#$*@&(!

watched the news on this last night, at least the governments recognised the problem and not tried to sidestep it, they said that they will be introducing increased driver training for young drivers before they can get their license... a step in the right direction at least... all you have to do in this country to get your license is a once around the block, hill start, parralell park kinda BS... nothing about actually driving or handling emergency situations
    The Datto will rage again...

well shawn, I think that he could be a responsible driver, but if he wanted to impress this girl, so his brain probilly shut off and he just wanted her on his side. so he stupidly sped up 'ooh shed love this'.

I think a real relationship comes when the partner likes you for yourself, not because you can blast 170 down 9th street in a Skyline.
    Karrmann you are making TOO MANY assumptions already. You have NO IDEA of what happened.

Let me tell you that the girl is the 33 year old guy's girlfriend... So I doubt the 20 year old was trying to impress her, having a boyfriend and being pregnant I honestly find it f*cking hard.

IMO it's a not bright idea to drive that fast on a street that you don't know or that you know it has some slopes. Unfortunately accidents happen, and everyone commits mistakes... some of us learn from them and never repeat them...But this guy didn't even have the chance to do so.

Thread Information