• Chevy Corvette Z06

12 27.27%
  • Saleen SR

11 25.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Muscle car showdown

Re: Re: Re: Re: noOne

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    I agree that we should be comparing tuned versions of all of these cars, but unfortunately, that's not what this thread dictates. And just for the record, I do love all three of these cars. Actually, the 'Vette Z06 is my favorite of the three
    Nothing is better than a Vette -
    compare it with anything at its price.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: noOne

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    Nothing is better than a Vette -
    thats pretty optimistic dont you think?

Re: Re: Re: Re: noOne

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    I agree that we should be comparing tuned versions of all of these cars, but unfortunately, that's not what this thread dictates. And just for the record, I do love all three of these cars. Actually, the 'Vette Z06 is my favorite of the three
    i think the Z06 my third favorite car but the Viper is in my top ten.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: noOne

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    thats pretty optimistic dont you think?
    Compare it with car of a similar price -
    I don't mean 0.74AU¢ to US dollar -
    more like a year's average wage maybe -
    the Vette comes out on top.

thats just your opinion though. keeping it to sports cars around the Vette's price, there might not be much that can match its straight line performance for price, but there are cars out there that meet different needs as well as matching the Vette. its all just a matter of opinion

i think the only car that can perform almost as well as the vette at the same price is the lotus elise.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Camarovette
    you dont know shit either,

you think a saleen could beat a vette, hell no, they have no engine at all,

and as far as none of them being muscle cars : a 2 door car with a certain amount of horse power compared to the weight of the car (i.e. a 300 horse power engine pushing a small car would be a muscle car, a fat ass hippo car with 300 horse would not be)

a saleen, is basically a beefed up mustang (which was the first pony/muscle car made)

a vette is the greatest muscle car ever made, obviously youve never seen a '61-'92 vette, (they are pure muscle baby)

and a viper is just a beefed up peice of shit,

p.s. im not hating on you or misho, i just think you are miss guided

"you think a saleen could beat a vette, hell no, they have no engine at all,"

Well, you say, a Saleen, if you mean any saleen, I'd like you to meet the S7 and SR

"a saleen, is basically a beefed up mustang"

(most) saleens could also kill a vette easy

"and a viper is just a beefed up peice of shit"

which could ALSO kill a vette easy

"a vette is the greatest muscle car ever made, obviously youve never seen a '61-'92 vette"

I understand, but the Corvette should not be considered a muscle car, save the 60's vettes

maybe you should lay back on the insults.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

a viper a peice of shit?.....gawd id like to see what you consider a good car....well in 1999 i bought a video called"americas fastest cars"....and they had the viper the vette and mustangs and a few others in there, and it was the salleen mustang that was the quickest car that could be purchased from a dealer.it was a supercharged 5.4 making 500hp. I dont know what has happened since, seeing we dont get much news from the u.s over here, except for the monaro being exported there and being called a gto........which i think is a discrace.

i think the pagani zonda is the best

hello

Quote Originally Posted by camarovette View Post

a vette is the greatest muscle car ever made, obviously youve never seen a '61-'92 vette, (they are pure muscle baby)

and a viper is just a beefed up peice of shit,
    That 1983 vette sure was awesome.....almost as awesome as your post.

In regard to the best muscle car, I would have to say the Viper. The viper is essentially huge displacement with little electronic aids. Its a simple formula: huge engine, driver, gas. After all, the car just got ABS in 2001.

The best sports car would have to go to the Corvette, because of the panty dropping style of the Z06, the incredible performance, and of course the price.

One for ZO6. Big Fan!!
    What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm know someone pointed this out already, but I can't help it. The Vette and the Viper are NOT musclecars. They are sportscars. Always have, always will be. And as far as I know, the Saleen SR was a prototype race machine....wasn't it? I don't recall it ever being sold to the public. And I'm not sure I'd call the SR a musclecar either.......more of a supersport edition ponycar.

By pure definition, the musclecar was a RWD everyday man's car (4 seater) with a nice strong V8 that could be made to compete with cars of a higher class than its own. Back in the day, they were usually average 4 door cars with beefed up powertrain option packages. Of course, nowdays the term is usually reserved for cars that were once considered "pony cars"......such as the Mustang and Camaro. This is generally because the pure musclecar, as defined in the 60's and 70's, isn't a class of car that is still seen today. Three exceptions to this would be the SRT-8 spec model Chargers, 300Cs, and Magnums.

saleen

muscle...saleen founded muscle!!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmuscle View Post
    muscle...saleen founded muscle!!
    Welcome!

But you're wrong.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information