Page 128 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2916

Thread: Name the badges - new Matra et Alpine challenge

Derek is right. I am just wondering whether I was the UCP'er who sent that badge. I took a perfect picture of it during last Retromobile , and I already forgot about it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yeah I agree with henk4. Vanderbilt Cup was won more than once by three companies: Darracq (I tried this one because I was mislead by that french name), Peugeot (I think this is out of the question or we are going to be very surprised ) and ALCO.

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    ALCO or American Locomotive Company
    Well done

ALCO automobiles
    The company diversified into the automobile business in 1906, producing French Berliet designs under license. Two years later, the Berliet license was abandoned, and the company began to produce its own designs instead. ALCO cars won the Vanderbilt Cup in both 1908 and 1910, but they had less success in sales, abandoning automobile manufacture in 1913. The ALCO automobile story is chiefly notable for starting the automobile career of Walter P. Chrysler, the plant manager, who left for Buick in 1911 and subsequently founded the Chrysler automobile giant.

And Pieter SHOULD have got this, because if you look close I think you can see him in the original holding the camera and WHO could that be in full shot reflection ???? Also a good demonstration of why photographs of badges are not always a good idea and the "reprographic" version is preferred by me.

NEXT..............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-20-2005 at 03:40 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Well done

ALCO automobiles
    The company diversified into the automobile business in 1906, producing French Berliet designs under license. Two years later, the Berliet license was abandoned, and the company began to produce its own designs instead. ALCO cars won the Vanderbilt Cup in both 1908 and 1910, but they had less success in sales, abandoning automobile manufacture in 1913. The ALCO automobile story is chiefly notable for starting the automobile career of Walter P. Chrysler, the plant manager, who left for Buick in 1911 and subsequently founded the Chrysler automobile giant.

And Pieter SHOULD have got this, because if you look close I think you can see him in the original holindg the camera and WHO coudl that be in full shot relfection ???? ALso a good demonstration of why photographs of badges are not always a good idea and the "reprographc" version is preferred by me.

NEXT..............
    That is actually not my picture. I'll post it as soon as I can link my laptop to the web
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Well done

ALCO automobiles

And Pieter SHOULD have got this, because if you look close I think you can see him in the original holindg the camera and WHO coudl that be in full shot relfection ???? ALso a good demonstration of why photographs of badges are not always a good idea and the "reprographc" version is preferred by me.

NEXT..............

That is Matt's picture...

Quote Originally Posted by pergarec
    That is Matt's picture...
    Thanks, p, I know I'd got it from someone here
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Could this be a Vauxhall badge?

no...

Quote Originally Posted by MetA
    no...
    hey how come this guy knows the answer when its matra's quiz

lol
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

don't know why my sig as MetA isn't showing up.
    MetA is me ( Matra et Alpine ) when doing other things on UCP
    Just easier this way !!
    It's Matra et Alpine in his public disguise

Quote Originally Posted by MetA
    don't know why my sig as MetA isn't showing up.
    MetA is me ( Matra et Alpine ) when doing other things on UCP
    Just easier this way !!
    look, stop pretending to be matra or we'll get the mods on you

please tell me ur being sarcastic lol well i would think so because of the winks but still lol MetA...meatra....see the resemblance...and yes i am aware that i don't know how to spell lol never have been able to

maybe it is an old saab badge? (just a shot)

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    maybe it is an old saab badge? (just a shot)
    no - hello I'm back from Isle of Man, lesson for future don't offer toplay/sing on St Patricks night in a pub, the "lock-in" ended at 4 this morning
    Then flight home at 7
    Still have a mouth like a badgers arse !!!

anyway.... hint time, yes ???

1960s company formed after a "palace revolt" by leading designers who left a company after argumanets over the owners wife "meddling"

Thread Information