Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This weeks Top Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    CoventrySucks AREN'T British?
    I didn't say it wasn't funny or un-enjoyable though.

Just not one of their best series.

Some vintage stuff though - Aygo 5-a-side, Range Stormer vs. Challenger II, Porsche Boxster & SLK 55 vs. snipers, putting car thieves off stealing a TVR...
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Relax, the only ones that are criticizing the show / last episode so far are British members.
    kinda didnt realise that

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    My thoughts exactly. He took up a 10 minute slot to tell us that it was shit.
    Reviews of crap cars are the best ones. In all of the ones of cars they like they spend 10 minutes going around a track sideways.

I have 10 episodes of top gear of this season, how many are there?

The thing i'd like to see more in topgear is a better look at the enginering side of cars, but being clearly a "funny" show they mock thoose aspects.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Personally i think its a chance for imaure presenters who dont have any grasp on money to mess around... and i wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Sorry about the 911 report, remembered they did! Yeh I'm British, from Birmingham. I agree with Coventry, it wasnt one of their best overall, although there were the already stated good bits!! Me personally, I'd like to see a few more group tests of the expensive cars, eg F430 vs Gallardo, CLS55 vs M5, I guess their Power Lap times deal with an aspect of that, but its just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The whole series has been a dissapointment.
    This talkshow style format has never really appealed to me. It was a lot better when it was still 30 minutes, and all they did was test cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

but now it appeals to your most basic instincts
    big engines
    race track
    schmoke
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

It was really boring. All I liked was the drifting because I like to watch D1, but that's really it...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Wonder if the low-key is because Clarkson's injury has had them had to cancel their ideas and fill it with some quickly thought up articles. Pure speculation.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Wonder if the low-key is because Clarkson's injury has had them had to cancel their ideas and fill it with some quickly thought up articles. Pure speculation.
    Injury?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

must be mental..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

He's slipped a couple of discs in his back.
    http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...686285,00.html

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...686285,00.html

First ever recorded case of "oversteer injury"

Not heard confirmation that the drugs haven't workd and whether the feared operation is to go ahead.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    must be mental..
    and he has the mind of a six year old
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information