Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1000 HP Supra "Made in Denmark"

1000 HP Supra "Made in Denmark"

I just wanted to show you guys this mildly modded Supra TT '94. It is owned by a Danish dude, who put a lot of work into it. Tell me if you need anything translated:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=24528

Before you start whining, the 1000 hp have not actually been measured, as the car started a burnout on the dyno when the gauge reached 757 hp. This was at 1.2 bar boost, and it can be adjusted to run 2.5 (but that would probably create a little lag). (Maybe a lot). But it is considered a possibility.
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

That is nice, has does it relate to the 1200 BHP Supra that was shown on the recent Essen Motorshow?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    That is nice, has does it relate to the 1200 BHP Supra that was shown on the recent Essen Motorshow?
    I have no idea, the owner writes about some changes that he is going to perform, but I have not seen or heard anything about Essen Motor Show yet. By the way, the plates say "SMØLF" which is Danish for "Smurf".

just stole Netburner's picture from the Essen Motor Show 2005 thread (my own was useless )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hehe - reminds me of a joke Matra told me a long time ago. What does a 600bhp, 900bhp and 1200bhp Supra have in common? Quarter-mile times

Quote Originally Posted by Gabman
    I This was at 1.2 bar boost, and it can be adjusted to run 2.5 (but that would probably create a little lag). (Maybe a lot).
    How would having the wastegate and BOV close all of the way create more turbo lag?

And I'm curious as to how they got 1000 horses out of 3.1 liters and 17.5 psi.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

A big red smolf...I mean smurf but aren't smurfs blue? Hey, if you have a 1,000 hp who cares.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

at least it doesnt look like a ricer, I like it, I like it a lot.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Whats the fascination with 1000hp supras, there are loads of them knocking around.

I sense some kind of negative vibes. What the heck are you giving me crap for. This car is rare in Denmark, and I have some trouble believing that London is flooded with 1000 hp versions of them, h00t_h00t.

PerfAdv, it's not my car. I don't care that you don't care. Go tell someone else.

Vindesh -> Yeah, I like it too. Not too over-riced, if that word exists.

Godlaus -> You will have to read the specs from the link. I have gotten the impression that more pressure means more lag, but tell me if I'm wrong.

I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    A big red smolf...I mean smurf but aren't smurfs blue? Hey, if you have a 1,000 hp who cares.
    And then you said:
    PerfAdv, it's not my car. I don't care that you don't care. Go tell someone else.
    So I'm telling you, that's not how you read "who cares" in that context. It means who cares since it's a 800 pound Gorilla and can sit anywhere it wants! (or be a red smurf). Get it?
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 12-13-2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: clarity
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Whats the fascination with 1000hp supras, there are loads of them knocking around.
    1000hp in any road-going car is impressive by any account. If the Veyron had 500hp, nobody would be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    1000hp in any road-going car is impressive by any account. If the Veyron had 500hp, nobody would be impressed.
    that reminds me, the Supra should at least have 1002 BHP

Godlaus -> You will have to read the specs from the link. I have gotten the impression that more pressure means more lag, but tell me if I'm wrong.
    I did read the specs, and there isn't too much to impress in there. 17.5 psi in a stroker/borer with a high compression ratio and racing octane shouldn't equal 1000 Hp. Maybe 600.

And more boost doesn't mean more lag, a bigger turbine in the turbo creates more lag. So bigger turbo = more lag.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    It may be road legal, but it would hardly be useable on the road, a 3 (ish) litre straight six is going to be incredibly stressed and won't last long between rebuilds. I doubt it would even be able to cope with more than a couple of 1/4 mile runs at full power before something gives up.

Thread Information