Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you think I can sell this for?

Take a sharpie, and sign Jesus on the stereo. Then claim it was autographed by Christ himself.

700 smackers guarenteed. ^
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    500 watts out of those dinky speakers, hahaha. Put it on ebay and get what you can for it.
    It's like HiFi rice. Didn't you know? The Dolby logo adds another 50 watts, as does the "Compact Disc" tag...

This setup's only 2x62 watts (160mm subwoofers) + 2x 18w (RMS) and these speakers are obviously a LOT newer, larger and more powerful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

I agree with the general idea of the stereo being worthless.

The PS2 is surely worth something and the games too. Check current e-bay prices to see how much they would be worth, but I doubt any more than US $150 in total.

Now, the issue of the stereo being chipped just makes me . What do you mean by chipped? Is the "procesor" faster now? I mean, you could have modified the amplifier so that it delivered better quality, more power or both, but, c'mon, nobody in their sane minds would try to upgrade that and no technician in their sane minds would mess with it. Also, I think you missed a 1 when stating the age, it must be 14 years.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    I agree with the general idea of the stereo being worthless.

The PS2 is surely worth something and the games too. Check current e-bay prices to see how much they would be worth, but I doubt any more than US $150 in total.

Now, the issue of the stereo being chipped just makes me . What do you mean by chipped? Is the "procesor" faster now? I mean, you could have modified the amplifier so that it delivered better quality, more power or both, but, c'mon, nobody in their sane minds would try to upgrade that and no technician in their sane minds would mess with it. Also, I think you missed a 1 when stating the age, it must be 14 years.
    Just think about it, who would pay to have that thing "chipped"?...It wouldn't just be the cost of the chip but the cost of having it installed.

"chipped" means that it can play pirated games, thats the real meaning. He might have some twisted definition.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    "chipped" means that it can play pirated games, thats the real meaning. He might have some twisted definition.
    Sorry, I was meaning the stereo, not the PS2...should have made that obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    He said he has chipped both things...
    Zag when they Zig

"700 smackers", **** that shit, try 7 million. Some dumb Christian will take out a second mortgage to purchase it, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    "700 smackers", **** that shit, try 7 million. Some dumb Christian will take out a second mortgage to purchase it, lol...
    He should pay someone to take the stereo away

Quote Originally Posted by PininfarinaPIMP
    and you wonder why i have trouble finding something poitive youve said? everything you say seems to have cussing and derogetory comments, just calm down and take a happier outlook on life, everyone will like you more

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    It's like HiFi rice. Didn't you know? The Dolby logo adds another 50 watts, as does the "Compact Disc" tag...

This setup's only 2x62 watts (160mm subwoofers) + 2x 18w (RMS) and these speakers are obviously a LOT newer, larger and more powerful.
    wow kool u hav an i-pod!!!!!!!11 hw mch waz dat?

But seriously wtf is ur desktop pic on your nice nice please give me it i-book?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    wow kool u hav an i-pod!!!!!!!11 hw mch waz dat?

But seriously wtf is ur desktop pic on your nice nice please give me it i-book?
    Lol, I've already discussed my reasons for choosing the iPod in other threads. I know your attitude towards them.

The desktop pic's partly covered-up by the messenger window but it was the front end of a TVR Sagaris.

By chipped I mean that the stereo can play MP3's and has tweaked speakers. I know it's crap. So I'm lowering it to $400 can. HA!
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    By chipped I mean that the stereo can play MP3's and has tweaked speakers. I know it's crap. So I'm lowering it to $400 can. HA!
    Hmmm, this just gets better. I'm almost at the point of saying "I'll bet you $500 that the stereo can't play MP3s and isn't 500 watts". The point would be reached if I had $500.

By "tweaked" do you mean that the stereo's been dropped? It's so old and basic it's even got the word "DIGITAL" written above the CD player. Even if it was "chipped", who in their right mind would pay to have the work done? You'd be better off spending it on a completely new stereo.

You're like the kid who says his 1.1 litre Fiesta has an intercooler and nitrous injection.

Thread Information