Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the greatest japanese 2 litre?

the greatest japanese 2 litre?

which is the best 2 litre japanese car?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    i'd go with the RX-7 Banzai edition by pettite racing (yes, it road legal), or Nissan's Skyline modified by blitz, the GTR-R348 (about 2.7 liters).

the banzai is pretty awsome but the way they set up the engine (using tranny mounts instead of motor mounts to mount teh 20b which is about 50% longer than the 13b) they have to relocate the steering rack which alters the steering geometry and creates bump steer. there have been several trys to correct this problem including altering the spindles to help correct the steering geometry on tranny mounted 20b's. one 20b FD that ive seen is the PFS 3-rotor, they used the motor mounts and move the tranny back in the tranny tunnel about 3-4 inches (which in turn moves the shifter back about the same distance, this is the only drawback of this setup) the PFS 3-rotor makes 650hp as opposed to the banzais 550hp and is also street legal with no bump steer. altho the best 3-rotor conversion ive seen for the FD is the autotech motorsports 3-rotor FD with stock steering rack location and stock shifter location, no one knows how they did it but they did.

here are the links to the tuners that do these conversion off the top of my head...(too lazy to actully look them up...
    peter farrel supercars: www.pfsupercars.com
    pettit racing: www.pettitracing.com
    auto tech motorsports: www.autotechmotorsports.com
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Hmm Tough call between the VR-4 and WRX, not the Evo as if it wasn't for the VR-4, we probaly would not have a evo.

the 4g63 in the galantvr4 and evo. the wrx comes pretty close. thoes would be my top 2

Maybe the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak ? (you didn't specify if the car needed to be road legal)

According to most websites it's a 2.5 TT V6 producing 985bhp

mitsubishi

The 4g63 From the evo it's awesome. with mods it can easily produce 600 hp which is 300 hp per. Crazy Just Crazy, seen them with 400kw on stock internals

I don't think a 600hp 4g63 is awsome, even if it is a stock block. Look at supra's 2jz-gte, 3 liter stock block can pump out 970hp.

if you want to talk about 2 litter cars only, i think the evo clearly shows it is the best. It is tunable, great looks, good peformance, great overall handling. But i still prefer the WRX, i'm bias...

Somehow I'm going with the 4AG-GELU from toyota... either that or a high revving one from the Misubishi FTO
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

If high revving is concern i still think honda's VTEC is cooler

Tommi 6.5

4G63 Tommi Makinen EVO 6.5
    Thats the most beautiful 2.0 litre
    UCP's Biggest Murph Fan, dont tell him though, he might think im a bit gay.

Thats me and Murph on the left. Im the taller one.

wow this is amazing

that you all for reviving one of my first threads... even if it was DEAD!! ner... this is happening alot with my old threads now... very strange..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I stick by my choice of the first gen VR-4 and the original Subaru 2.0 litre boxer engine...

have to b the Subaru Liberty/WRX/Outback or just subaru as a whole for the manufacturer who produces best 2 litres
    320kw Ford DJR falcon
    Ford = FIRST ON RACE DAY

What about NA 2 liter? 3S-GE? B20B?

Thread Information