View Poll Results: What operating system do you run?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows 95

0 0%
  • Windows 98

0 0%
  • Windows 2000

0 0%
  • Windows ME

0 0%
  • Windows XP

45 77.59%
  • Windows VISTA

2 3.45%
  • Mac OS8

0 0%
  • Mac OS9

0 0%
  • Mac OS X

7 12.07%
  • Linux

3 5.17%
  • Other (Please Specify)

1 1.72%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What Operating System (OS) are you running?

That would work.

Or how about "Die in a Fiat."
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    That would work.

Or how about "Die in a Fiat."
    Decapitated In A Forklift?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Vista is out?
    Beta builds.

Whats Beta Builds?

Did-he inhale a Furrball? (DIAF?)

Beta is a pre-release version used for testing. Sometimes companies release them to the public to make finding bugs easier.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

cos

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    So why does Apple bother making an OS compatible with <10% of the worlds computers?
    Apple makes as operating system for its niche market of highly successful computers and provide users the choice between Windows and Mac OS X with its latest Intel Macs. Not to mention it has offered Virtual PC for years.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. Microsoft is releasing the next major step in its highly criticised OS and to say to 75% of its users, "Nup, stuff ya!" is not the best business strategy, considering Microsoft has been loosing a lot of money these days (xBox, Zune - i know it hasn't been released yet, but they have said themselves they aren't going to make a profit for many a year). Speaking of profit Apples' Sept. Quarter posted record revenue of $4.84 Billion compared to estimates of $4.6 with gross margins at a record high of 29.9%.

Point is, Windows is nasty. Been there. Done that. No thanks.

1997-2001 - 3 Windows PCs . 2001-2006 - 2 Macs .

So to say stuff you to 90% of the computer users is a good business strategy, but to say to 75% of users that upgrades are required is bad. Upgrades they will buy from Microsoft's OEM customers. The same OEMs that have been struggling should be happy due to increased product sales. This then leads to more sales $ for Microsoft......

Maybe I need to learn something more about business form a genious like you......
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by timeforhell
    Apple makes as operating system for its niche market of highly successful computers and provide users the choice between Windows and Mac OS X with its latest Intel Macs. Not to mention it has offered Virtual PC for years.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. Microsoft is releasing the next major step in its highly criticised OS and to say to 75% of its users, "Nup, stuff ya!" is not the best business strategy, considering Microsoft has been loosing a lot of money these days (xBox, Zune - i know it hasn't been released yet, but they have said themselves they aren't going to make a profit for many a year). Speaking of profit Apples' Sept. Quarter posted record revenue of $4.84 Billion compared to estimates of $4.6 with gross margins at a record high of 29.9%.

Point is, Windows is nasty. Been there. Done that. No thanks.

Right... your theory is flawed.

<cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by timeforhell
    Same as. Except we needed 5 PCs

At the moment we're on 4 Macs. All of them still run, even the 2001 iMac G4... design art.

I would also like to add that using Windows at college and at work, I have deemed OSX a better platform. So have 5 of my friends, who have recently bought Macs after borrowing my PowerBook for 3 days+

You can't judge an OS on the merit of a few hours in PC World. To truly appreciate OSX, you need to spend some time with it and check out some of the nifty gadgets, get used to the different ways of going about things, and discover that it's relaly not the bogeyman.

I was skeptic of the iMac when it first poked its head out of the Styrofoam many moons ago, but I didn't eschew it, and as a result we're flying along.

Photoshop works better on it, the colour management of the screen is nicer, I can record without any blips (whenever I use a Windows, no matter how powerful, something always goes wrong...), I don't get told repeatedly that I need to debug, I don't have to boot up Norton every time I log on, and it doesn't crash.

Long live OSX. Vista, the imposter supreme, will always be a mere shadow of Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Folders don't lie, you're right. As far as installation goes, here's what I did:

...words words words
    Thanks for all the info, your set up sounds like the best way to do it. I'll definitely give it a try, as I like the looks of Vista.

And that googlefight is flawed, as Windows will give you results relating to actual windows (a la house variant). This one is more accurate: http://googlefight.com/index.php?lan...rd2=apple+os+x
    Last edited by zeppelin; 10-19-2006 at 04:52 AM.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Gotta love judgements based on old computers - I've not had an issue with the Windows program - my hard drive failed, but that was a manufacturer issue - god knows if that had been a mac chances are I wouldn't be talking to you right now.......

But yeah, Another 'Mac Vs. PC' thread. pfft.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Gotta love judgements based on old computers - I've not had an issue with the Windows program - my hard drive failed, but that was a manufacturer issue - god knows if that had been a mac chances are I wouldn't be talking to you right now.......

But yeah, Another 'Mac Vs. PC' thread. pfft.
    Well... my opinion is based on back then, and today.

Granted, OS9 was a pile of shit. As was any Windows up until ME/2000.

Through my extensive experience of both platforms, in any situation, I can honestly say I prefer Mac for most things. So have the many friends of mine who have bought them. I got right under the skin of the Mac, and can do enough things to keep me satisfied for a long, long time.

MacOS X 10.4.8

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Long live OSX. Vista, the imposter supreme, will always be a mere shadow of Apple.

Oh so true.

Thread Information