Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first Konigsegg CCX in the US

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    Jesus that car sucks. I wonder what else is broken on it. I much prefer the S7TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WJsVw8A0A0
    I see. Maybe a bit more detail in your crit would be in order?? I happen to think that the S7TT is ugly like ass, all of cartoony shark like attributes do not a pretty car make, but the CCX is just simple and straightforward. No unneccessary gills and vents etc. Just a clean shape, with an utterly awesome engine.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

I'm pretty sure the S7T doesn't have "unnecessary grills and vents", and does have an "utterly awesome engine."
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    No unneccessary gills and vents etc.
    Every S7TT gill and vent is functional. But I wasn't commenting on the CCX's shape or purpose, I think its fit-and-finish sucks.

A couple years back I read a review of the Koenigsegg CC. It was littered with minor glitches and rattles. They said it felt unfinished. The CCR doesn't appear to be much better.

I have yet to read a positive review on the Koenigsegg. He's been developing this car since 1998...what the f*ck is the problem? Koenigsegg must have a gang of incompetant jackasses developing this lie. 1.10 g of lateral grip? Yeah...right. 9.0 seconds in the 1/4 mile? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by What
    But I wasn't commenting on the CCX's shape or purpose, I think its fit-and-finish sucks.
    So you have sat in, been a passenger in and driven a CC variant?

A couple years back I read a review of the Koenigsegg CC. It was littered with minor glitches and rattles. They said it felt unfinished. The CCR doesn't appear to be much better.
    The CCs were effectively prototypes. Glitches and rattles happen. The CCR and CCX are much more developed, but then having driven them all you would know this.......

I have yet to read a positive review on the Koenigsegg
    Maybe you should read more, maybe even a magazine like evo. In their last review they lavished praise on it.

e's been developing this car since 1998...what the f*ck is the problem?
    What problem?

Koenigsegg must have a gang of incompetant jackasses developing this lie. 1.10 g of lateral grip? Yeah...right. 9.0 seconds in the 1/4 mile? Sure.
    The car weighs less than 1100kgs. It puts out over 900bhp. Suspension set up and gearing are easily customisable.

I'd be disappointed if those figures weren't attainable.

A team of jackasses would be preferable to the one this forum is currently being subjected to.........
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

^
    And thats how the cookie crumbles.

F1 Master - Point taken, but I still do not like how the Saleen looks overall.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    The car weighs less than 1100kgs. It puts out over 900bhp. Suspension set up and gearing are easily customisable.

I'd be disappointed if those figures weren't attainable.

A team of jackasses would be preferable to the one this forum is currently being subjected to.........
    Over 900 hp? What the hell? Where did that come from?

You seriously think this car can run a 9.0 second 1/4 mile?

The best lateral grip I've seen measured from this car is .98 g's. But the suspension is customizable, so theoretically, it could do better....whatever.

I strongly feel that the S7TT will whip it on a track.

Over 900 hp? What the hell? Where did that come from?
    Because else where in the world we have good fuel, not the complete shit the US makes, and when you run a CCX on it, it makes more power. The CCX engine was designed to make 800hp on US fuel.

I strongly feel that the S7TT will whip it on a track.
    Despite the fact that the S7TT is heavier and less powerful?
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 12-03-2006 at 01:06 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Because else where in the world we have good fuel, not the complete shit the US makes, and when you run a CCX on it, it makes more power. The CCX engine was designed to make 800hp on US fuel.
    Even on European fuel, I've never seen Koenigsegg himself quote the CCR or CCX more than 806 hp. The CCR has 806 hp officially, isn't that the European version? Is there something I'm missing?

Despite the fact that the S7TT is heavier and less powerful?
    The S7 is 50hp less powerful and 300 lbs heavier...but the S7 has a HUGE aerodynamic advantage. The S7TT produces a lot of downforce and the Koenigsegg doesn't produce much of it. Downforce helps a lot.

And given the poor build quality of the Koenigsegg, it'll probably overheat and die before the race is over.

Even on European fuel, I've never seen Koenigsegg himself quote the CCR or CCX more than 806 hp. The CCR has 806 hp officially, isn't that the European version? Is there something I'm missing?
    The CCR gets 806hp on Euro fuel, the CCX gets 806hp on American fuel, which is worse, but that's it's official quoted rating, 806hp at whatever RON rating it was they used. And it's not the US version, more a new model designed to sell in the States. It's got a taller roof and a buch of other changes.

The S7 is 50hp less powerful and 300 lbs heavier...but the S7 has a HUGE aerodynamic advantage. The S7TT produces a lot of downforce and the Koenigsegg doesn't produce much of it. Downforce helps a lot.
    But Top Gear proved that just by adding a simple wing, it's a lot better with more than enough downforce to be stupidly fast.

And given the poor build quality of the Koenigsegg, it'll probably overheat and die before the race is over.
    I'll point you back toward Cyco's post for that. He's actually been in one. MOTOR drove the CCX and didn't have a problem.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

But Top Gear proved that just by adding a simple wing, it's a lot better with more than enough downforce to be stupidly fast.
    That wing helped the Koenigsegg, but I seriously doubt it brought it into S7TT downforce territory. The wing made the Koenigsegg safer and easier to drive fast, thus allowing the Stig to produce a faster lap time. The entire S7TT was designed to aid in the production of downforce. I may be wrong, but I really want to see what the S7TT can do on a track...especially since its weaker, less downforce producing race twin (S7R) is beating race cars on the track.
    Last edited by -What-; 12-03-2006 at 02:46 AM.

As a test Koenigsegg drove a CCR hard in the Arabian desert (there is a hill that most of the manfactures use for this) and then parked it against the wall the the engine running to drive all accessories.

The did this with a black car in 48C heat. Passed this test easily.

Please do some fact checking and spot posting complete rubbish.

That wing helped the Koenigsegg, but I seriously doubt it brought it into S7TT downforce territor
    Highly likely not, but the Koenigsegg was designed as an extremely fast street car, not as a road registrable race car.

I may be wrong, but I really want to see what the S7TT can do on a track...especially since its weaker, less downforce producing race twin (S7R) is beating race cars on the track.
    What race cars does it beat?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Has anyone noticed that each and every person who comments on the auto vids at Youtube is a complete (not partial) moron?
    Just read the comments from this vid for example:

* such an ugly car id rather have the pagani zonda F
    *how much is dat car?
    *u ****s do u know how hard it is to back up in that thing....the rear window is about 1X1 feet....idiotos
    *there is another version of dis car with better wheels/rims, dis one must be the cheap version cuz the one im talking about looks way better

I swear, Youtube is where braincells go to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    What race cars does it beat?
    kia picanto cup R

back to the aerodynamics of the koenigsegg; that car wasn't built to be the fastest on the track, it's just a SUPERCAR - has to look awesome and have lots and lots of power and it surely does. if koenigsegg wanted to be connected with motorports he'd make a track variant then?

i've seen saleen (S7R) and i gotta tell you it didn't make too much of impression on me; americans with their supercars are AGES after europeans - moslers or saleen would've been modern and advanced at the beginning of the 90's

yep, cause those are americans who know something quality
    Last edited by dydzi; 12-03-2006 at 09:32 AM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

all i have to say to that is i am so freakin jealous, hah i wish i was a multimillionaire
    United States of Trance

Thread Information