Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Subaru to withdraw from World Rally Championship

Quote Originally Posted by kitdy
    I want to see pros in the Olympics because I want to see the best
    Professional sportspeople are, IMO, complete wastes of air. I can't understand the attraction in people training full time to perform some utterly useless task slightly better than another person. Sport only makes a smidgeon of sense in an amateur capacity.
    IMO.
    Proudly, my country probably produces more useless people per capita than any any other nation.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Professional sportspeople are, IMO, complete wastes of air. I can't understand the attraction in people training full time to perform some utterly useless task slightly better than another person. Sport only makes a smidgeon of sense in an amateur capacity.
    IMO.
    Proudly, my country probably produces more useless people per capita than any any other nation.
    Well, they provide entertainment, which in turn gets people to watch them, since pros are a lot more fun to watch than your aunt martha trying to throw a ball or jump a hurdle. And since people are willing to pay to watch, then other people can take that money and pay the athletes to continue. If they weren't entertaining, it wouldn't happen.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    If they weren't entertaining, it wouldn't happen.
    Please explain the Detroit Lions then
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by wwjd
    Well, they provide entertainment, which in turn gets people to watch them, since pros are a lot more fun to watch than your aunt martha trying to throw a ball or jump a hurdle. And since people are willing to pay to watch, then other people can take that money and pay the athletes to continue. If they weren't entertaining, it wouldn't happen.
    I'm not saying they aren't economically viable, I'm saying they are a drain on humanity's potential.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

I'm not saying they aren't economically viable, I'm saying they are a drain on humanity's potential.
    Race drivers included?
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Race drivers included?
    F1 drivers mos' def'.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I've known a lot of athletes, and many of them really aren't good at anything else. If it weren't for sports, they'd be working in a sewer somewhere. How is that draining humanities potential? I'd say it's making the most of it.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

If the Olympics are a showcase of great athleticism awarded by gold, silver, and bronze medals, I don't understand the crying over 'amateur' athletes. If a Swahili amateur wins Gold in Mens 200m swimming, then I'll get a better amateur to beat him next time. After that Australia will find an even better amateur et. al. until you reach the culmination of talent: A professional. When I think olympics I don't think 50 random washed up high-school athletes competing against one-another. It's an olympiad, not a crapshoot.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Would you only classify intellectual achievement as part of humanity's potential?

Business achievement? What is humanity's potential? Why not physical performance?

Thread Information