Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 6

GT5 was pretty lacking in new car selection. The few DLCs sort of added some needed vehicles, but still plenty missing. Some brand seems to have more up to date line up than others.

And Brix, my point was more to the fact that in the game there is 1 R34, 1 R33, and 1 R32 GTR that was premium, but there are a bunch of standard model car, that aside from some minor trim pieces and color are basically the same car. I don't know why they bother to do that instead of just make all of them Premium. Meanwhile you also have Swift Sport in 2 model year(and Cappuccino also) that as far as I can tell are identical....

I like GT5 sorta tried to branch into classics, with the P4, XJ13, 300SL, Alfa something rather. But Japanese classics are missing, at least not done in the same detail. KPGC10 2000 GTR, Toyota 2000 GT are just shoddy standard car. No E30 Bimmer? AE86 premium? Just feels like a very uneven effort...

I still like driving GT5, and day/night transition, weather, and the best looking Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Spa(needs night config) is great. But With the good part being very good and some just seems to be glossed over.....

Hopefully they can have weather, and time of day effect for all tracks...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 05-16-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The point of Gran Turismo ultimately is to race and I think a race between Japanese microcars is just as fun as a race full of exotics because you can race nothing but exotics in every other racing game. I think the aim is also to be able to own and race cars in the game that you own in real life and see how they match up with others

I don't know about the race part, the racing in GT is pretty meh against AI....driving aspect is good though. And I do enjoy driving the "normal" cars in the game...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Oh yes, I know EA owns the rights to Porsche. But Sony really could fix that if they open their wallets wide enough.
    They could, but it would be throwing money away.

I'm perfectly okay with the bunch of Japanese cars in the game. Sure, they could have 1 or 2 Skylines and cut it back to ~700 cars, but would that make it better? No! I'd rather have them than not.
    It is a bit of an uneven car selection, but they can't get them all.
    About the standards and premiums...it would be nice if they did some of the similar cars as premium. At the very least they could carry over certain body features and most of the interiors. But I'm still gunna play it to death.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    GT5 was pretty lacking in new car selection. The few DLCs sort of added some needed vehicles, but still plenty missing. Some brand seems to have more up to date line up than others.
    This is something that drives me up the wall.

I do not mind spending a little more when buying the game (they aren't cheap anyway) but I do not want to buy a game and then spend the rest of my life downloading packs and things. I want to buy a completed game and the play it. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    The point of Gran Turismo ultimately is to race and I think a race between Japanese microcars is just as fun as a race full of exotics because you can race nothing but exotics in every other racing game. I think the aim is also to be able to own and race cars in the game that you own in real life and see how they match up with others
    2 player mode, 2CV v Beetle against a friend?

Best racing ever.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

DLC is here to say since that seems to be the way to do business these days. But I see that not necessarily as bad. Considering if done properly you can really play into the updating the game line up incorporate newer cars as they come....instead of just adding cars you should have had in the first place.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Now that I've been able to see it, it does look interesting indeed.

Quite possibly a future purchase.

I agree with that. I can do without a million variations but I also want to see more Colt CZRs, Accord Type Ss and more classics.
    I would like to see a premium version of the early Toyota Celicas and Supras, 2000 GT and Isuzu Bellett GT-R and 117 coupe.

And Brix, my point was more to the fact that in the game there is 1 R34, 1 R33, and 1 R32 GTR that was premium, but there are a bunch of standard model car, that aside from some minor trim pieces and color are basically the same car. I don't know why they bother to do that instead of just make all of them Premium. Meanwhile you also have Swift Sport in 2 model year(and Cappuccino also) that as far as I can tell are identical....

I like GT5 sorta tried to branch into classics, with the P4, XJ13, 300SL, Alfa something rather. But Japanese classics are missing, at least not done in the same detail. KPGC10 2000 GTR, Toyota 2000 GT are just shoddy standard car. No E30 Bimmer? AE86 premium? Just feels like a very uneven effort...

I still like driving GT5, and day/night transition, weather, and the best looking Nordschleife, La Sarthe, Spa(needs night config) is great. But With the good part being very good and some just seems to be glossed over.....

Hopefully they can have weather, and time of day effect for all tracks...
    I agree, I just feel like it wasn't finished. It'd be nice to see a premium version of the first generation Nissan Sivlia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    This is something that drives me up the wall.

I do not mind spending a little more when buying the game (they aren't cheap anyway) but I do not want to buy a game and then spend the rest of my life downloading packs and things. I want to buy a completed game and the play it. The end.

2 player mode, 2CV v Beetle against a friend?

Best racing ever.
    I refuse to buy DLC and only buy it if it's part of a "Greatest Hits" package where it's included for free. I see the merits of it, but when I buy a game I want it to be finished.

DLC is here to say since that seems to be the way to do business these days. But I see that not necessarily as bad. Considering if done properly you can really play into the updating the game line up incorporate newer cars as they come....instead of just adding cars you should have had in the first place.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    They could, but it would be throwing money away.

I'm perfectly okay with the bunch of Japanese cars in the game. Sure, they could have 1 or 2 Skylines and cut it back to ~700 cars, but would that make it better? No! I'd rather have them than not.
    It is a bit of an uneven car selection, but they can't get them all.
    About the standards and premiums...it would be nice if they did some of the similar cars as premium. At the very least they could carry over certain body features and most of the interiors. But I'm still gunna play it to death.
    I honestly didn't mind the lopsided car roster during my fan-dom of the first three GT games, but it started to wear on me by GT4. The fact that four of the major Japanese manufacturers account for better than half the 1000 count car roster in GT5 is a bit ridiculous...especially when you consider that there are multiple, consecutive MY representations of cars like the Vitz. It just seems blatant in an age where this game's competitors are putting together much better balanced car rosters.

It's all very euphoric for avid JDM fans, but for the rest of us it can taste a bit bitter to have so many Skylines....yet not one authentic Porsche. And say what you will (and I agree...EA are real jerks about the licensing issue), but a game that celebrates motorsports to the degree that Gran Turismo does without ever representing the Porsche legacy just flat out seems incomplete. And no...RUF is NOT an acceptable substitute.

Just my opinion. I still love the feel of the driving in GT, but my relationship with this franchise has been strained for the better part of the last decade. The unbalanced car selection, lack of tuning/customization options, and the presence of up-scaled PS2 car models just make it hard for me to be an avid GT flag waver lately. Here's to hoping GT6 changes that...
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Apparently there will be standard cars, although some will be updated.

And there will most certainly be DLC since they've already admitted this game is release earlier than expected, so they'll definitely be updating as they go.

Hope they fix B-spec racing too, it's the most boring crap ever. At least allow us to speed it up as in GT4. And fix the reward system. I don't want stupid low end cars for harder and harder races.

There's more in the interview below.

Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 6 Standard/Premium Cars, DLC, PlayStation 4, More

So yes, not a first day purchase for sure.

GT Academy 2013 is available now on Playstation Store. It is also GT6 Demo. Despite the new physics and stuff I don't feel its all that different. Maybe the FWD is a bit more lively now? Need to call up the same cars in GT5 to see....

Even if Matra might not be happy, I am happy that Silvestone is going to be in GT6...:P
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Great news! They've announced a Gran Turismo movie! It's from the producers of The Social Network and 50 Shades of Grey! Come revel in the deep story and rich characters of the Gran Turismo universe!

Or something. They really have announced the film though, and it really is produced by those guys. No idea why.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I can sort of understand making a movie after the NFS franchise, I mean some of the NFS games possessed what some may call a plot.

But what's the bloody plot behind Gran Turismo? Buying an MX-5 and then endlessly racing against blokes in Civics, Swifts, Colts, Yarises and the likes and fiddling with the settings for a hundred and thirty twelve years to make go a little bit faster, then getting fed up with fiddling and strapping a ginormous turbo (without doing anything else to the engine) to beat the living daylights out of other crappy mid-80's JDM cars?

I can't quite see how anyone could make a mildly interesting film out of that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You've just described The Fast and the Furious, haven't you?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

The Fast and the Furious at least had one of the greatest lines in cinema history in it.

Quote Originally Posted by whatshisface
    I need NOS. Two of em. The big ones.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    cinema history
    Henceforth, cinestory.

Thread Information