Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Really useful performance listings...

holy crap (its all i have to say)
    i am imature

I am so smart, S.M.R.T, i am so smart, DOH!, i mean, S.M.A.R.T- Homer Simpson

booohooo.. i can't find my car in the list...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrowZ
    booohooo.. i can't find my car in the list...
    don't feel picked on.
    99% of European cars aren't in it and 50% of the fast cars are missing.
    It's a US-based list so focusses on the cars known there.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

have you got any times for a 1978 Datsun/Nissan Stanza (personal interest) Let me know in a PM if you could

thanks,
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    have you got any times for a 1978 Datsun/Nissan Stanza (personal interest) Let me know in a PM if you could

thanks,
    My brother owned one although it was automatic...it topped out at 160 km/h and when he slowed down it boiled over and warped the head...we took it home and whacked the belt sander on the head to get it back into shape

good old dattos

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    My brother owned one although it was automatic...it topped out at 160 km/h and when he slowed down it boiled over and warped the head...we took it home and whacked the belt sander on the head to get it back into shape
    yeah iv blown the head on this one (not after doing 160kph though) and paid pretty near what the car was worth it fix it all up... although i have got this car up to 160kph i dont think that it topped out there, i reckon it had more to give... i just ran out of road (you'r a local you know the road to tharwa out past lanyon... there) but it is a stick (good old four speed) and that was before the head blew oh btw is it possible to put a 5 speed gb in it? does neone know?

Well my btoher felt his sluser had more too...and it probly went fasterits speedo only went up to 160....If you want to speed i find the best place that is deviod of cops and other road users is burra just out of queanbeyan...only thing you have too lookout for is the odd roo....

As for the conversion yes but most of the datsun 5 speeders that would fit have th same top gear ratio...so they dont have any extra benafits...they just have more choice in cogs...really a pointless exorrcise...anything else would need to be converted and on a stnaze i dont think its really worth it...keep the 4 speeder its all the car needs anyways....

yeh iv opened it up along there frequently because i have a mate who lives out there (poor guy ) but it is a good place i agree

as for the gb change i was after more of selection then a top end change, ill explain... recently i went on trip to the coast in this car over the clyde mountain. and on the way down i encountered having to brake very hard to get it into 2nd because 3rd was holding at a too higher speed and on the way up 2nd was revving too high and as soon as i put it in 3rd it would die because the revs were to low to accelerate. what i was hoping for in the 5 speed was a happy medium... make sense at all????

Ahh, , that explains why my mums 1996 Toyota Corona aint on there, not sold in USA..

Thanks for taking the time to post these numbers up Egg Nog!!

Taz

Hey!

I notice the Mustang skips 1965 and I couldn't seem to find the Shelbys at all.
    (Probably too embarrassing to the high priced import folks. J/K)
    LOL!

Mine's on the list, but looking at the numbers they seem to have chosen an automatic transmission :P. my audi 90 quattro 20v does 0-60 in about 8 secs instead of 9,4. A regular 10v quattro does only 0,1 sec slower on the quarter mile with 37 hp less? (133-170hp) I dont know about the other numbers, but these arent really right (I never tried the quarter mile tho, but I will soon).

where'd these numbers come from? they seem pretty accurate for the most part, but are kinda flaky?

Does anybody have an updated list up to 2005? Would anybody be nice anough to try an update it themselfs? .
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information