Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Double engine cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    it 's RWD.
    The two bike engines drive into a transfer box which combines their output.
    It doesn't need AWD as it is light enough to be faster with RWD only.
    Is this the same Tiger car that was on 5th Gear a few years ago, that Tiff Needell drove? I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it was AWD; one engine for the front wheels, one for the back. Might be a different car you're on about here though, not sure.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    How about the Tiger Z100? Twin motorbike engines, one for the front wheels, one for the rear? The Tiger Z100WR was the quickest thing to 60.

all i can say is "PHWAR!!" and "couldnt you choose a better colour mate!"
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 07-19-2005 at 11:53 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

it 's RWD.
    The two bike engines drive into a transfer box which combines their output.
    It doesn't need AWD as it is light enough to be faster with RWD only.
    Hm...ok. I thought that was the case but thought i had read somewhere that it was 4WD. Maybe i dreamt it...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Is this the same Tiger car that was on 5th Gear a few years ago, that Tiff Needell drove? I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it was AWD; one engine for the front wheels, one for the back. Might be a different car you're on about here though, not sure.
    Its kind of the same. The one he drove was the Z100WR, and i thought i remembered him saying it was 4WD.
    Just call me Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    Its kind of the same. The one he drove was the Z100WR, and i thought i remembered him saying it was 4WD.
    yeah my fault.

I was thinking Z100 which was Tiger's bike engined one which was RWD.

The WR was built for them by Z-cars and IT was AWD. though I've never seen it or details of the drivetrain layout.

Sorry 'bout that confusion by me guys. The picture was the Z100 and that sent me off on a different track ......

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

yeah my fault.

I was thinking Z100 which was Tiger's bike engined one which was RWD.

The WR was built for them by Z-cars and IT was AWD. though I've never seen it or details of the drivetrain layout.

Sorry 'bout that confusion by me guys. The picture was the Z100 and that sent me off on a different track ......

Yeah, at the time i was posting i couldn't find the correct photo, so just posted a pic of the Z100 rather than the WR.
    Just call me Tom

I also heard that Mika Hakkinen used to have a merc A class that has 2 engine 4x4 with mclaren F1 car livery.. does anyone has the link and pic ?
    "anything that doesn't kill ke makes me stronger" - Sebastian Kaine, Hollow Man

"You F**K With me , you F**K with the best" - Tony Montana, Scarface

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    subjected me to some max power dvd thing some time last year that had twin-engined Vauxhall Astra/Nova/Calibra/something else that wasn't really .
    was would be boost-beast, twin c20let (calibra turbo engine) vauxhall nova or opel corsa a for the germans etc here, joint venture between regal autosport and eds motorsport. i say joint venture but eds did most of it.

both engines are running about 400bhp, not saw the dvd but ive heard that it wasent running correctly the day of the shoot and ran a 14 sec 1/4 or something.

i know its capable of more because ive seen it, at performance vauxhall show 2004 its ran low 11's before breaking again (gear linkage iirc) that was at santa pod so id say the timing gear is fairly accurate.

also in the same year it ran a 2.83 secs to 60mph time at trax show held at silverstone.

website on pic, but doesnt seem to have beeen updated since 2003

Here is a video of a twin bike-engiend westfield...

Westfield Vid.

Scroll down and you will find it!
    Some other cool videos too
    The video with the Westfield V8 is amasing!!
    Enjoy
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 07-26-2005 at 09:05 AM.

If you live in england your bound to of heard of a nova and a calibra turbo.
    My dad and his friend from jermany put 2 calibra turbo engines in a nova and striped it out completly. In the end the car had 652 bhp
    Do you know what wolfsburg is ?

let's go back to the Alfa Bimotore, with two straight 8 engines, one before and one behind the driver....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    let's go back to the Alfa Bimotore, with two straight 8 engines, one before and one behind the driver....
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...r.php&carnum=5 save those like me that had to see this beastie
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Citroen 2CV Sahara meets all your requirements

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=1870

Also the Mini Moke had a two engined version
    When I saw the thread title I thought: Oh that's an easy one, Citroën 2CV Sahara. 1 Second later I said to myself: nevermind Henk will probably have mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    When I saw the thread title I thought: Oh that's an easy one, Citroën 2CV Sahara. 1 Second later I said to myself: nevermind Henk will probably have mentioned it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Astra-Turbo
    was would be boost-beast, twin c20let (calibra turbo engine) vauxhall nova or opel corsa a for the germans etc here, joint venture between regal autosport and eds motorsport. i say joint venture but eds did most of it.

both engines are running about 400bhp, not saw the dvd but ive heard that it wasent running correctly the day of the shoot and ran a 14 sec 1/4 or something.

i know its capable of more because ive seen it, at performance vauxhall show 2004 its ran low 11's before breaking again (gear linkage iirc) that was at santa pod so id say the timing gear is fairly accurate.

also in the same year it ran a 2.83 secs to 60mph time at trax show held at silverstone.

website on pic, but doesnt seem to have beeen updated since 2003
    Hehe, I know this crazy guy, it's a mate of my husband. He licenced the car in GB in the name of his business partner to avoid the German TÜV. So he can drive on german streets without punishment. His name's Arno Schindler and his comany is EDS-Fahrzeugtechnik GmbH . He's a Opel lover.
    Last edited by Nerys; 11-16-2005 at 01:04 AM.
    "Shields up! Rrrrred alert!"
    http://nerys.has-no-homepage.net/

Thread Information