Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: A work of pure genius! - Brilliant "Revetec" Engine

There have been alot of companys come up with good ideas...only to be bought out by largemanufactuors so they stop developing their own technologys...that and lack of intrest...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    There have been alot of companys come up with good ideas...only to be bought out by largemanufactuors so they stop developing their own technologys...that and lack of intrest...
    to be fair to the big-guys, often it's because they've already done it.

Re-generative braking has been used in different guises in British busses for decades. The most common one is pretty much what was described, the wheels push hydralic pressure into a reservoir when braking and release it back out when taking away. ( What might be clever with this suggestion given is if it were built into the ENGINE ) Electric's been done too. But, the scariest one was in the 50s (IIRC) when they stored it in a flywheel ! I just had visions of this few hundred pound wheel spinning at 20Ks breaking free and mutilating everyone in the bus - I was a kid at the time
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Electric's been done too. But, the scariest one was in the 50s (IIRC) when they stored it in a flywheel ! I just had visions of this few hundred pound wheel spinning at 20Ks breaking free and mutilating everyone in the bus - I was a kid at the time
    Ahhh the memories, eh?

There's dozens of electric buses in Vancouver... connected to overhead lines that run over certain roads just for the purpose. It's pretty amazing... I've never heard of any problems associated with them, either.

In West Vancouver, where I live, they're also running one hybrid diesel/electric bus. It's fairly nice, and the space taken up by the electrics is fairly minimal. Only 2-4 seats at most.

Revetec shares

Revetec Limited is currently selling shares for $1.30 Australian each. If you would be interested in purchasing some cheaper, contact [email protected]. Larger discounts will be offered for larger quantities. Shares may also be swapped for real estate or other items of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by link1
    Revetec Limited is currently selling shares for $1.30 Australian each. If you would be interested in purchasing some cheaper, contact [email protected]. Larger discounts will be offered for larger quantities. Shares may also be swapped for real estate or other items of interest.
    Please explain YOUR role in this share offer.
    We don't like SPAM here on UCP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Revetec shares

I am a Revetec shareholder and am looking at selling some of my shareholding. If you would like to be a part of this new technology, but don't want to pay $1.30 each I am willing to sell my shares at a discount. Reply to [email protected].

Ooh, totally awesome ^^. I'd love to pop one of these into an Ultima GTR, hehe.

EDIT: I'm referring to the CCE engine, not to any of the discussion following the initial post.
    Last edited by Gnafu the Great; 06-22-2004 at 01:53 PM.
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Quote Originally Posted by link1
    I am a Revetec shareholder and am looking at selling some of my shareholding. If you would like to be a part of this new technology, but don't want to pay $1.30 each I am willing to sell my shares at a discount. Reply to [email protected].
    Revetec does not seam to be listed on the ASX (Australian stock exchange) there for I must assume that they are selling the shares in there company privately.
    My advice to anyone interested in this company enough to invest money should deal directly with the company.
    Buying shares privately from unknown individuals is fraught with danger especially internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sia
    It really is quite amazing what this technology can do. I bought shares in this company over five years ago when it was still in its early stages. I saw the potential of teh engine then, and it is now beginning to bare fruit. It is good to see that they are dealing with Proton, and the Triton plus a swarm of other interesting new business developments.

If anyone is interested in buying some shares off me, send me an email at [email protected]. I am willing to offload the shares at a discounted price becuase I have so many of them.
    you spamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i tried sending an email to you and it said there is no such address!!!!!!!!!!
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    Revetec does not seam to be listed on the ASX (Australian stock exchange) there for I must assume that they are selling the shares in there company privately.
    My advice to anyone interested in this company enough to invest money should deal directly with the company.
    Buying shares privately from unknown individuals is fraught with danger especially internationally.
    Very true ACE.

For those who have doubts about the future of this engine, please visit the website (www.revetec.com) and view their Latest News where you will find a link to a Message From the Directors To Shareholders.

If you were thinking of buying shares before a public listing then you should be very quick. As an existing shareholder, I recommend that you contact the company to buy any shares.

The future looks bright.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOOK
    Very true ACE.

For those who have doubts about the future of this engine, please visit the website (www.revetec.com) and view their Latest News where you will find a link to a Message From the Directors To Shareholders.

If you were thinking of buying shares before a public listing then you should be very quick. As an existing shareholder, I recommend that you contact the company to buy any shares.

The future looks bright.
    A possible ramp?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

They released preliminary figures today as well as how/when they plan to list on the Stock Exchange, a hybrid project and other companies they are in negotiations with.

The figures are very impressive but they are still working on further improvements.

Click on Latest News on their website.

www.revetec.com

THIS MESSAGE WAS MOVED FROM THE F1 EFFICIENCY THREAD AS IT WAS GETTING OUT OF HAND AND FOCUSSING ON THE Revetec . MetA .....

That's POWERTEC http://www.radicalextremesportscars..../indexspec.php it's really just an ultra light V8, nothing too special

Revetec is the neat new Aussie designed engine ....

http://www.revetec.com/?q=videos
    Revtec? did you even read what they say about the engine? it fire 3times per revelution and then it will also produce 3 times more torque, but also consume 3times more fuel.
    Well to be totaly corect it produce 2.9 times more torque so it actualy 3,33%les fuel efficiant than a engine at same power because of reduced torque per workcycle because of increased piston speed decrease the filling of the air fuel mixure.
    The bearings on the side of the piston how long will they last?
    I belive the heavy crankshaft mecanism will make the engine heavy.
    It has to be a bokser design with all the disandvantages that have. a boker is more heavy than a inline or v engine at simular size.
    cylinders will quicker ger oval.

Here is another crazy dude www.new4stroke.com
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-25-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stian1979
    Revtec? did you even read what they say about the engine? it fire 3times per revelution and then it will also produce 3 times more torque, but also consume 3times more fuel.
    That relationship depends on efficiency and lossses which you've clearly ignored
    No engine is going to be radically different in perfromance, but a few aroudn just now are promising incremental improvements.
    But the Revetec is reported LOWER consumption. So can you give where you're getting your info from ?
    The bearings on the side of the piston how long will they last?
    I think you are confusing Wankel seals with Revetec bearings.
    IT's a bearing, just the same as there is a journal ( ie bearing surface ) on a crankshaft and a gudgeon pin !! The design permits that to be a roller bearing which will have a MUCH longer life than shells
    I believe the heavy crankshaft mecanism will make the engine heavy.
    no conrods How do you equate heavy weight ?
    It has to be a bokser design with all the disandvantages that have. a boker is more heavy than a inline or v engine at simular size.
    cylinders will quicker ger oval.
    now you're just makign stuff up
    Good for a laugh tho'
    So WHY is it going to oval the cylinders given that there are no sideways forces as with a conrod design ????
    Boxers dont' HAVE to be heavier -- where are you reaching that conclusion ?
    Here is another crazy dude www.new4stroke.com
    Never really a starter as too many moving components facign compression sealing issues.
    Vovlo variable compression engine is the best implementation of all the attmpets to deliver it over the decades.

If you have access to more techncial details on the Revetec I'd love you to share them as it can be difficult reading past the marketing hype

That relationship depends on efficiency and lossses which you've clearly ignored
    No engine is going to be radically different in perfromance, but a few aroudn just now are promising incremental improvements.
    But the Revetec is reported LOWER consumption. So can you give where you're getting your info from ?

I think you are confusing Wankel seals with Revetec bearings.
    IT's a bearing, just the same as there is a journal ( ie bearing surface ) on a crankshaft and a gudgeon pin !! The design permits that to be a roller bearing which will have a MUCH longer life than shells

no conrods How do you equate heavy weight ?

now you're just makign stuff up
    Good for a laugh tho'
    So WHY is it going to oval the cylinders given that there are no sideways forces as with a conrod design ????
    Boxers dont' HAVE to be heavier -- where are you reaching that conclusion ?

Never really a starter as too many moving components facign compression sealing issues.
    Vovlo variable compression engine is the best implementation of all the attmpets to deliver it over the decades.

If you have access to more techncial details on the Revetec I'd love you to share them as it can be difficult reading past the marketing hype
    http://www.revetec.com/?q=taxonomy/term/20

read this and you see what I mean. They say they good more torque but it's a lie since it produce actualy less torque per work cycle. The fuel should be the same since it's using engine comparison at same deplasement and same cylinder preshure. It show bether fuel efficensy at low rpm but this is due to bether flow in the valves since the engine has higher piston speed at same rpm than a convensional engine. so a convensional engine would have the same fuel efficensy at the same torque. Tehy only read out the data that make the engine look good.

The bearings I'm refering to is the ones transfering the power from the pistons to the big dishes I would call a crankshaft.

Those shafts with those big cams and the mecanism to handle the contrarotating operation must be more heav than anny conrods.

Boxers get oval more easy because the gravety pull the pistons down against he ground. Why is it only two brands in the worls using boxers? It has good balance and low center of gravety so why is it not more that use them?
    a inline will be lighter because it require less material since making only one bank conectet to the crankcase. A smal V will make the Banks share some material and big V vill make the engine more heavy because the banks no longer share anny material so it has to be conectd to the crankcase bye it's own. A boxer is practical a 180 degre V engine.

Renult had a 110decre f1 engine but give it up because it become to heavy.
    They went back to a more moderate angle.

Know what I mean?
    Last edited by stian1979; 02-23-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Thread Information