Thread: Reverse image search, for your own computer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reverse image search, for your own computer

I've been using a reverse images search engine lately, which is sort of helpful when you are looking for a specific image but in larger resolution. It may be useful if you want to see where a certain image has been posted, but that I'm not interested in.

It basically search the web for image identical to the one you selected, finding different resolutions, cropped versions and so on, rather than looking for a picture trough its title or data.

Such tool I've been using is TinEye, which is also a plugin for all major browsers.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you was aware of a similar program but which could search for images into your HDDs. I've been collecting automotive images for quite a long time, and obviously often found the same image I got last month or year but in a larger resolution. Even more obviously, there has been a moment after which I couldn't check all images, and so double/triple and worse copies of the same images appeared in many folders. If such program would exist, it could still be potential a huge process to go trough, but definitely less time/eye consuming.

I've already bought a box of cookies for those who will help me, see picture

Attached Images Attached Images
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information