Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Ah got you, "Optimised" is different to me as a developer or a user.

I dont think you realise what DirectX offers to PC and XBox developers.
    You use the libraries NOT so you get access to better hardward but so that you can develop quicker and dont end up with 10% of the testing required if you go diggin in hardware features.

Game developer is in our RX8 owners club and the developers do NOT want to touch a hardware specific if they can help it ( not hard to work out who. Scottish developer of one of THE games ).

Again I've not explained the ways a well designed game can chose to increase/decrease drawing features both statically ( ie Xbox or PC with 2 year old card or latest card ). The one you will see all the time is the framerate as it's historically the one to adjust. DX allows others esp 10. It's not just adding h/w.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

253HP Caterham Fireblade. With the proper set up, I can pop wheelies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    253HP Caterham Fireblade. With the proper set up, I can pop wheelies.
    Really...?

Wheelies like you could do them in Gran Turismo 3 with the Escudo?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1tgsjhtRJw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1tgsjhtRJw[/ame]

I did a bit of B-Specing the other day- did alright with the Civic Type R, but it's still way too boring. My cars aren't good enough to do the seasonal races yet.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 01-26-2011 at 01:00 PM.

I've been leaving PS3 on during work hours and at night and let the X2010 run enduro in B-spec...

Got my Obutto Ozone racing seat/mount setup last week, hard mounted my G25 pedals 2 days ago, and now driving in stick and clutch mode is much more precise and fun without the pedal moving around. I can get my Nordschleife time with the H-gate mode to be ~1.5 to 2 sec now vs sequential, and I actually find I am driving smoother since you kinda have to be more deliberate with braking and down change...

Still enjoying the driving in GT5 a lot....though I want to try playing PC game on this setup now...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 01-26-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I'm glad to invite you to the new championship of stock production cars without any customization at Thursdays.

Regulations are here

Stage 2 registration is here

If you'll have troubles with registration at that forum, i'll help you.

Or you may add me in PSN (id: mxn11), and send a sumbition for a race and i'll send you details.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I tried to avoid smoke in my shots since the game handles any effects like that (smoke, dust, rainspray, snowdrift...) very poorly(seriously, worse than old games like GTR or even EA's F1 games). But half a second later its all smoky....

To illustrate the issue, look at the pic below and note where the diffuser of the car is, noticed all the edges with the jaggies...
    I know what you mean mate, Ive taken 255 photos in the game and whether it's standard or premium I always get big pixelated chunks on my cars. Apart from that though, I have almost no problems with the game, the only other one being the fact that you get really bad buzzing when you rev your car, unless you have a good soundsystem, which I don't, I had to do the roadster 4 hour endurance on mute because I couldn't stand the speaker buzzing from my Mx-5, and Mx-5's should even have a low grunting engine.

I play a bit of GT5P online and I moderate on a forum or two, I enjoy taking a 512 for a fang around 'Zuka in the Ferrari events.
    Last edited by henk4; 03-21-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: removed spam link

Played a good bit of Gran Turismo 5 today, I got up to Level 7 in B spec and my main driver is level 7 as well. I got a new driver- D. Hamilton.

He's probably not as good as my main driver, Guillam.

How many drivers do you guys use?

B Spec is more enjoyable now that my driver's not a retard at everything, but it's still massively boring. The reward cars seem to be slightly better. But I don't want to be winning Yarises and Priuses.

I've got three but only two are any decent. G.Berger and H.Toivonen have become less suicidal and abusive toward my cars (especially my Civic Type-R) though I've yet to put Toivonen behind the wheel of my Delta S4. I'm a bit hesitant to hand a McLaren F1 over to R.Atkinson.

Just a tip I've noticed and I don't know if it still applies, but buy a new-shape Civic Type-R sedan from the Honda dealer. It's good enough to dispose of the FF cup in both a and b-spec as well as the Clubman cup and a bunch of other race with nothing more than tire upgrades. If you can do the FF seasonal events, you're going to make some serious bank with this car.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I've got three but only two are any decent. G.Berger and H.Toivonen have become less suicidal and abusive toward my cars (especially my Civic Type-R) though I've yet to put Toivonen behind the wheel of my Delta S4. I'm a bit hesitant to hand a McLaren F1 over to R.Atkinson.

Just a tip I've noticed and I don't know if it still applies, but buy a new-shape Civic Type-R sedan from the Honda dealer. It's good enough to dispose of the FF cup in both a and b-spec as well as the Clubman cup and a bunch of other race with nothing more than tire upgrades. If you can do the FF seasonal events, you're going to make some serious bank with this car.
    When I started the game I didn't have enough money to afford a new Civic Type R sedan. I was only able to afford a Civic Type R hatchback, the EK. My first car had to be a Honda. I love it, I've lightened it fully, and I would put racing tires on it if I weren't on low end events. It seems to be difficult to gather money quickly early on.

The Civic has done well for me indeed and I completed Sunday Cup, the FF series and Compact Car races in both B spec and A spec.

Sadly, my best cars are just the Civic and a Nissan 240SX right now. You guys seem to play a lot more than I do. I have an exam to study for on Tuesday.

Anyone affected by the PSN outage?

I was being a little cheap with my account- I made an auxiliary account, saved my game on a USB drive, bought cars, sent them to the secondary account and then wanted to reload my game.

Until PSN broke down.

I don't have time to grind out money for better cars.

I hope rFactor 2 has good graphics like this. one of the main downfalls is they don't have a good reflection map on the cars when in the game...

rFactor's graphic engine is GT4 ancient....but with a decent mod it still looks ok....and it still does shadow way better than GT5....in terms of aliasing at least....

rFactor2 should be pretty interesting....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Anybody man enough to drive without ABS? I try to keep it "realistic" by opting out for cars that didn't come without it. But of course, the brake balance makes it almost impossible to drive without modifications.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I drive quite a lot of cars in GT5 with no ABS....any race car or anything on slicks, and of course cars without them to start....You need to mess around with bias and force, and maybe even some other setting as the car's balance is different since GT5's ABS seems to work more than just plain ABS, it has some kind of EBD function built in that largely negates the bias you have when ABS is on. I tend to dial in more coast-side diff lock if you have adjustable LSD since the car is a lot less stable without ABS under braking...

I just got my AP Eletrix brake pedal load cell for my G25, the guy finally made another batch. Its "interesting" since it almost takes out all of the travel in the pedal and its purely force based, much like real brake without hydraulic assist. It takes some getting used to and it depends heavily on how you calibrate it in game, in GT5 the pedal input can be calibrated everytime when you first started driving in that 2-3 sec leading up before the driving starts, in normal pedal you just need to press the pedal down the whole way(brake and gas) and it sets the max/min of the input. With the load cell based pedal you set your max to be the max pedal pressure you will exert....too much and if you don't hit the pedal hard enough you won't get enough braking....

Once I figure out the calibration it works quite well....was able to match my normal time so its been good...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information