Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1021

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Played some GT5 today.

I don't like the racing much, I like just messing with the tuning of the car, setting a lap time and trying to beat it. And then taking some photos while watching the replay.

RUF CTR2 I think. I like the selection of the cars, but I still think Polyphony should redo the car models. Case in point- I wanted to take a detail shot of the exhaust pipes and wing on a Pagani Zonda C12S but the program didn't allow it because I was "too close" to the car.

I do like the detail from the grass shot though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Kinda makes me wish I had a modern console to play this on.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Spent the last little while to try to drift....finally somewhat got the hang of it....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I never did much drifting in GT5. I'd do controlled slides in races and practice for fun and photos but I don't use the drifting mode in GT5.

From some rumors, I've been hearing that Gran Turismo 6 is actually coming out for the PS3, and not the PS4.

Instead the launch driving title is Drive Club apparently. I take this news in 2 ways- I'm happy I don't need a new console to play it if it does come out on the PS3. On the other hand, it's probably because someone at Sony got annoyed at Polyphony for the slow rate at which their games come out.

Moreover, I'm probably going to hold off on GT6 anyway, considering GT5 was half baked from its inception. It doesn't seem to have the same polish as GT4 was when that was released.

If Metal Gear Solid 5 ends up being on the PS3, I'll be quite happy indeed.

Well considering GT3 was less of a title than GT4 was on PS2(and GT2 was better than GT on PS1), I'd hope GT6 will be a step from GT5 on PS3....

At any rate I was never THAT disappointed with GT5, there are some stuff I wish it does a lot better, AI being one. But the game more or less delivered...

The new Seasonal have been kinda annoying, as they left SRF locked on for all the races....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Well considering GT3 was less of a title than GT4 was on PS2(and GT2 was better than GT on PS1), I'd hope GT6 will be a step from GT5 on PS3....

At any rate I was never THAT disappointed with GT5, there are some stuff I wish it does a lot better, AI being one. But the game more or less delivered...

The new Seasonal have been kinda annoying, as they left SRF locked on for all the races....
    I didn't think GT3 was any worse off than GT4, but I do believe that there's something seriously wrong with GT5's reward cars. I feel as if many of the times the amount of money I need to put in to make my car competitive does not pay off with the prize car I get. Also, I'm not sure why, but every race is a rolling start, especially the seasonals. It gives it more challenge I guess, but you either need to be incredibly good at the game or drive a really darn quick car in order to win.

I haven't done any of the new seasonals, so I can't comment on the skid recovery force. I don't think I've ever turned it on so I don't know how it feels.

I guess Polyphony did try to fix GT5 with DLCs, but since I'm staunchly against DLCs I guess that doesn't count as fixed.

I hope Polyphony can get Porsches in GT6, but that's a bit of a long shot.

Edit-

You know what? I miss driving on El Capitan in GT4.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 03-05-2013 at 08:13 PM.

I didn't even realize there was a GT5...

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    I didn't even realize there was a GT5...
    It's okay, you're enjoying you Wii console so much you haven't noticed the PS3.

Does anyone know how to deal with wet races? The weather forecasting seems terrible- you never see the % wetness of the track until you actually start the race and the preview of the track shows nothing. It's incredibly frustrating, especially in B-Spec.

No, I really haven't. I do have a PS2 and somewhere there's a Dreamcast tucked away too...too bad about the Dreamcast, that thing was way underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    No, I really haven't. I do have a PS2 and somewhere there's a Dreamcast tucked away too...too bad about the Dreamcast, that thing was way underrated.
    There was some sarcasm that didn't translate properly there...

I guess you could always get Gran Turismo 4.

Although if you do want a PS3, I would suggest holding off. The PS4 is coming soon.

Well there is still the rumor that GT6 may be on PS3 around holiday season....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

NewEgg Lists Gran Turismo 6 for PS3, Begins Pre-Orders

hmm...

TBH I think there are some leg still in PS3, this would just follow the previous pattern of 2 "actual" GT games(not counting prologue and such) per system...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I would stay away from preordering in general. The Last Guardian, a highly anticipated game from the creators of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus has been on"preorder" too for maybe the last 3 years or so.

I'll worry about it when it comes out.

I don't preorder anything, but I am kinda interested if GT6 does come out to PS3...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

So there's some big announcement next week. Might be Gran Turismo 6, but it probably is just GT6 Prologue.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DsdJaBiPAw"]Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not holding out for anything crazy.

Thread Information