Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targa Tasmania

Targa Tasmania

Targa Tasmania the game will be released latter this year according to the latest e-mail I received from the event organisers.

Set to run on PC and XBox
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Interesting.. Any word on developers?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

they've been pretty quiet about it, is it running off an exisitng game engine?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I imagine its going to be fairly low budget, Probably simbin or whoever made GTR, seeing as the amount of GTR spinoffs coming out lately.

I better be able to drive propper aussie muscles. Xb GT coupe.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

it'd be a great training tool, if you're going to targa tasmania, if nothing else it'd help you memorize the routes.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yep, that would be the best part about it. Allow you to get a handle on what to expect.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

well minus the G-forces and stuff haha. but yeah makes the routes a bit less of an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I imagine its going to be fairly low budget, Probably simbin or whoever made GTR, seeing as the amount of GTR spinoffs coming out lately.

I better be able to drive propper aussie muscles. Xb GT coupe.
    GTR developer made NFS Shift....the original Simbin actually split into multiple smaller entities...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

there is a PS2 game that replicates the FULL Isle Of Man circuit

now i know thats a bike race , but being able to do the full circuit is fantastic (& its quite a good bike racing game handeling wise as well) & really opens up the event to you that you cant get from just onboard footage

for sure ill be looking out for this Targa game

Thought I'd shed a little light on the situation just to clarify some of the above points.

The game is being developed by Sydney based indie developer DOZYCOW with a Danish based game engine and is set for deployment to the Mac, PC, iPhone and Wii gaming platforms. The Xbox 360 platform is in consideration but will not be available at launch.

Yes you will be able to drive propper aussie muscles, in fact all the cars in the game are Australian manufactured vehicles. The final list of available cars is all but finalised, however your beloved xb GT coupe is looking unlikely for this version. This is due to commercially confidential reasons.

There is a Facebook page and a Website, these are the best places to get breaking news on the game's development.
    Last edited by Dozycow; 11-08-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Typo
    www.targa-game.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dozycow View Post
    Thought I'd shed a little light on the situation just to clarify some of the above points.

The game is being developed by Sydney based indie developer DOZYCOW with a Danish based game engine and is set for deployment to the Mac, PC, iPhone and Wii gaming platforms. The Xbox 360 platform is in consideration but will not be available at launch.

Yes you will be able to drive propper aussie muscles, if fact all the cars in the game are Australian manufactured vehicles. The final list of available cars is all but finalised, however your beloved xb GT coupe is looking unlikely for this version. This is due to commercially confidential reasons.

There is a Facebook page and a Website, these are the best places to get breaking news on the game's development.
    Thanks.
    Assuming, as I'm doing, you're the real deal, it's always nice to see the people involved in a thread to stop by and clarify the situation.
    Welcome on UCP.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

WOW ! Good find.
    Am very interested in this .. but the site and facebook aren't very forthcoming.
    Geting a "NOT FOUND" error on the vehicles link and the videos is jsut a placeholder
    booooooo !!

Any chance of getting these up asap ?
    Looking fro testers ? Especially for classic car feel ... I'm your man !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    WOW ! Good find.
    Am very interested in this .. but the site and facebook aren't very forthcoming.
    Geting a "NOT FOUND" error on the vehicles link and the videos is jsut a placeholder
    booooooo !!

Any chance of getting these up asap ?
    Looking fro testers ? Especially for classic car feel ... I'm your man !!
    On Australian Falcons and Holdens...?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^^ No but all the EUro classics that entered it over the years.
    Hell we even had a provisional for an Alpine A110 -- and then mate went and sold it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Any chance of getting these up asap?
    In the process of composing content as we speak, have a few media commitments to get out of the way but expect to see greater details by this time tomorrow. And thanks for the welcome LeonOfTheDead!
    www.targa-game.com

Thread Information