Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dignity.... I have none.

Dignity.... I have none.

So I’ve done something I never thought I would do. I purchased a copy of World of Warcraft at the nearest BestBuy.

Now before you judge me let me make known that this is only for temporary playing time. I’m spending the entire holiday break at my best friend’s house and we have decided last month that we would experiment with WoW before the next semester begins… Deer Valley skiing got too boring. After so many years of hearing how epic and awesome this game we thought we should give it a go. We only plan on about two weeks of play… after that we’ll be putting it on the shelf; 18 credits, club president, and an internship won’t warrant any time to play during the semester.

If anyone here plays WoW feel free to team up and play with us; name is Jameshunt. We could use some guidance…we’re noobs and have never played any* MMORPG’s before. So, yeah, just thought I would put this out there.
    Last edited by LTSmash; 12-20-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Enjoy the end of your world.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

You still have dignity. It's when you discover DotA that it goes downhill...

At least there's a cool BassHunter song to go with it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I've never played WoW, but if you're only playing for a few weeks, you should try Torchlight I hear it's a fantastic/non-soul-sucking game!

Torchlight.

I remember when I only thought I'd play for a couple of weeks.

I remember when I didn't want to play it anymore and used cheats to get bored of it.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

WoW cops a lot of flak.. some of it is warranted, but mostly it's because it'll get a lot of clicks. I bought it at launch and played for a few months.. then a few months later I played some more. I've been on and off since then, usually 2-3 months on and about 8 months off. I'm in another on month, but I'm probably on a different server than you. It's fun, can be played in entirely non-soul sucking ways (especially since the latest update) and is good fun with friends. WoW's the only MMORPG that I've played, and I'm not about to go checking out any other ones.. but it's fun.

If you need help with anything, Wowhead and WoWwiki are good places to start.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You still have dignity. It's when you discover DotA that it goes downhill...
    discovered dota in like 2005, been hooked since. Do not try it.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Well i've played it from 2004/2005 until the middle of this year, i haven't played it again and i can say i really don't miss it. It's one of the best games ever made, if not the best!

You'll have your fun, just make sure you really forget about it when you have important stuff to do, i never had that problem but some friends are still very 'hooked' to it.

That said, it's got a very simple learning curve, the game acts as a tutorial from the start.

Have fun!

And please no Alliance characters!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    And please no Alliance characters!
    Why is that?

Alliance is for kids that wave rainbow flags.

You'll just love the Horde!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

You know... it's not as addictive as I thought it would be. After a few days of playing I feel the urge to play GTR2 or COD:MW2 more... or go skiing like I always do for the break.

Granted, it's a cool game but nothing I want to subject my life to. I'll most likely not renew the month and start playing the next holiday break.

I don't know, I never caught onto Warcraft/Starcraft/WoW. I've played both Warcraft and a bit of Starcraft, they're okay I guess. I'd play because they're free though.

WoW needs a subscription, so no thanks. I like games that I can put down for a while and then pick up again when I feel like it.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    "decided last month that we would experiment with WoW before the next semester begins…"

Haha, it sounds like you're dabbling in drugs or something.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information