Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Ok, I just finished my first gameplay binge on BC2. Had a few slow games (surprisingly), and a bunch of really hardcore matches where I barely managed to stay alive for more than a minute at a time. Loving it so far, only managed my way up to rank 5. I spread my playtime between all 4 kits trying to unlock all the primary gadgets, so I haven't gotten very deep into any one kit's unlockables as of yet.

How are you guy's liking it so far? I've gotta get some of you regular players added to my friends list so I can finally hook up with some real squad playing action.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 03-06-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Since this is an automotive forum I have to ask:
    how are the vehicles in the game? fun? useful?
    or do they make you a sitting duck?

It really depends on the vehicle, the situation, and the support you have from other players. A tank rumbling along with a support gunner and engineer is a force to be reckoned with. The ATV's are actually pretty useful as quick transports.......just don't get caught out in the open with one. I've only gotten a small amount of seat time in the transport helicopters (and none in the gunships), but as with every BF game they take a bit of "you-better-know-what-the-hell-you're-doing" before you should try doing anything useful with them.

Any vehicle that gets caught out in the open with no support, no cover, and lots of explosive-toting tangos is always gonna be toast....that's just the way it is. On the flip side, any armor fighting in an area where the enemy isn't operating with engineer or recon kits is going to have a field day. All in all, I think the vehicles balance out pretty well. Even the ace sky-jockeys in their gunships can be downed with a mounted heavy MG, but can still wreak a lot of havoc on a team that doesn't have its balls in gear.

which system are you playing on?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

there is nothing more awesome than setting a well placed mine (or a good AT shot) into an oncoming quadbike or humvee going flat out.

got killed when the wreckage somersaulted into my face, but so worth it.

also road kills with the UAV.. hell yeah!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post

also road kills with the UAV.. hell yeah!
    I howled like the Joker at an Eddie Izzard show the first time I barreled through a hole in a small building and began chopping up a squad that had taken up position in there.

It's hilarious watching a bunch of rank 18-20 guys panicking, running around in circles, and shooting at anything that moves while they try to figure out what the hell's going on. I guess that, while most of them know that it's possible to get rolled over by the UAV, they still just don't see it happen all that often.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 03-06-2010 at 06:58 PM.

the next step you should try is doing that, but having a friend plaster it with C4 first. as soon as it starts to spin out of control in it's death throes, have them detonate it...
    love the level where you attack on an army of jetskis, gunboats and two blackhawks, so hectic!
    also the tank battle at the start of arica harbour, omfg.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Had a few epic battles tonight with clutch and a few friends.. Hardcore shit.. Was epic.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

BC2 is a godsend for PC gamers. according to dice theres more people on PC playing it than both consoles combined. just shows you how many people have been waiting to see MW2's potential fulfilled by this game.

considering it's not out for PS3 yet in some markets.. playing more than 'both' consoles can't be that hard

After optimizations and restarts yesterday, we had been stable across all platforms. Unfortunately, we encountered another outage at approximately 9:30 AM PST today.

- X360 was severely impacted, and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely.
    - PC had an outage, but the service is offline currently and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely. We will then start checking the quality of the customer experience to determine possible next steps.
    - PS3 appeared to have a brief outage, but has quickly recovered and the services is functioning properly at this time.

All teams are actively engaged in diagnosis and remediation. We are adding additional services to alleviate load. Despite having a major infrastructure in place, the peak traffic this weekend has been huge, 400% higher than any other Battlefield's peak simultaneous users. The teams will continue to monitor the services closely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will provide further updates on the latest developments as they are relevant.

i believe it.. so many copies of MW2 must have been traded in lol.

Like the squad based tactics vs the "run n' gun" of MW2. Reminds me of the old BF2... fun shit.

i like it so far because there is much incentive to be a truly sneaky cunt. nothing like making your way on the outskirts of the map to the rear of their base, then having your entire squad spawn on you.
    cue frantic knifing spree on the enemy as they're all looking the other way.

I played the demo for 10 minutes. Liked it, I think but I sucked and the maps seemed huge while the gameplay seemed slow.

Is there a campaign and is it worth buying?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The single player's nothing compelling, it's only worth buying if you want to get involved in the multi.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information