Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

This is the first time I have to abuse anyone on this page, but r34, you are a straight-up dick head.

When it comes to modifying cars, there is, as fpv mentions, virtually no limit in terms of turbo size/potential power. In standard form, with no mods to the bottom end, the supra can take WAY more than the skyline GTR. All of toyotas best engines (also like the 1UZ-FE found in the 4 litre Soarer) have cross-webbed bottom ends, multi-bolt main caps and so on. In one clip I downloaded I saw a supra-totally stock except for intercooler, chip, exhaust and boost bleed valve on standard turbos. This car had around 650 bhp. Show me a standard skyline that can do that. I guarantee you can't.

Before you go around insulting people just because they are 'only' a certain age, or because they disagree with your opinions, check your facts, then think about how you can convince others you are right without being rude. Don't pick on FPV.....after all, 'he's only 15'.

Originally posted by bonzaisushi
    ok mr r34_296kw if u no so much about cars, the supra can only be tuned to 800hp... BULLSHIT....... HKS GT3037 x2 and Custom ground 272/292 degree camshafts on top of some other work would get a supra in to 1200hp easey, supras engines are way more capable than the rbd.... here in kansas we have 2 skyline owners both who have there cars in the shop ive talked to both of them they way more knowledgable than ur ass, they both admit that the supra engine is capable of way more power than the skyline engine, and it can hold the power..... yes the skyline engine is great... so is the car... but u my friend come in here talkn like u no shit puttin people down when u are probably just a 10 year old kid who has played to much gt3.....
    heth sala makachod...sala bhosri...eko cheej bhi nai janta aur baat karta hai...jao gaand marwao gaichod aur sara andachod

couldnt have said it better my self nildo. R34 u need to be removed from the gene pool.... come back when u know ur stuff and u pull ur head outa ur ass
    its not speed that kills u its the sudden stop at the end

Originally posted by Nildo
    This is the first time I have to abuse anyone on this page, but r34, you are a straight-up dick head.

When it comes to modifying cars, there is, as fpv mentions, virtually no limit in terms of turbo size/potential power. In standard form, with no mods to the bottom end, the supra can take WAY more than the skyline GTR. All of toyotas best engines (also like the 1UZ-FE found in the 4 litre Soarer) have cross-webbed bottom ends, multi-bolt main caps and so on. In one clip I downloaded I saw a supra-totally stock except for intercooler, chip, exhaust and boost bleed valve on standard turbos. This car had around 650 bhp. Show me a standard skyline that can do that. I guarantee you can't.

Before you go around insulting people just because they are 'only' a certain age, or because they disagree with your opinions, check your facts, then think about how you can convince others you are right without being rude. Don't pick on FPV.....after all, 'he's only 15'.
    well i do have 2 agree with u about toyota. it is a very good car. well the fact is that a supra is a good n fast car. the supra tt vs a r34 will be a good race. but supras just can do what a skyline can do... im pretty sure that just a plain old skyline is faster dan a plain old supra but...but can a supra beat a XR8??? can it beat a freakin mitsi gto????????????????? HELL NO!!! but the XR8 or a mitsi gto (not a pontiac gto) dont stand a chance against a r34... oh yeah sorry 4 being a bully 'dildo'

lol it can walk all over mitsu gtos.... gtos weigh in just over 3000lbs supras weight in at around 2400, 600lb difference, supra has more TQ, so what if the GTO has awd awd is only good for a launch and in the turns, mitsu added awd just to get that beast of a car movin cuz it weighs so dang much.... in the 1/4 mile the skyline and the supra would be a close race, i think it would be all on the driver... but a GTO doesnt stand a chance with either

lol it can walk all over mitsu gtos.... gtos weigh in just over 3000lbs supras weight in at around 2400, 600lb difference, supra has more TQ, so what if the GTO has awd awd is only good for a launch and in the turns, mitsu added awd just to get that beast of a car movin cuz it weighs so dang much.... in the 1/4 mile the skyline and the supra would be a close race, i think it would be all on the driver... but a GTO doesnt stand a chance with either
    YES!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!! i just wish someone like u could explain to my dumb n arrogant m8 dat GTO's are slow shit....he insists that a mitsi GTO is one of the fastest cars eva made by Japan...he says Skyline has only good brakes n dat Supras have only good looks...he says that GTO has excellent brakes, excellent looks and extremely fast speed...even if the smartest person on earth told him...he would just not believe it....I NEW A GTO IS LOW SHIT!!! compared to a skyline or supra...

it is, there a comfort vehicle that has enough power to pass on the highway... my older brother had the US verson the 3000gt vr-4 and that thing was comfortable but no where near as fast as a supra or a skyline shoot even a evo, and there awd system is crap.. nissans awd system is a work of art.. attessa kicks ass

it is, there a comfort vehicle that has enough power to pass on the highway... my older brother had the US verson the 3000gt vr-4 and that thing was comfortable but no where near as fast as a supra or a skyline shoot even a evo, and there awd system is crap.. nissans awd system is a work of art.. attessa kicks ass
    hmmmmmm u r totally right.......my dad likes nice big and comfy cars......dats y i bought him a toyota windom....but if u let him loose behind the wheel of a ford V8...even supras have been beaten by him whenever hes in a V8...no wonder my mum get pissed at him when he tried to buy a ford falcon XR6

why do u expect a $50,000 family sedan to compete with a sports coupe that could pissibly twice its price?

I don't know how anybody driving a supra twin turbo would lose a drag to an XR8. The XR8 is a decent set of wheels, true, but it weighs in at well over 1700 kg, with only 260 kw. The toyota weighs about 1500 kg and boasts 240 kw, plus a more advanced driveline meaning less power loss to the wheels.

The corevitt timesheets I have read for the XR8 make it as a 14.4 second car with a terminal speed about 162 kph. I have seen official tests on a (1997) JZ80 supra running a 13.45@171. As far as the GTO is concerned, it is a very good launcher, but can't match the supra's in gear acceleration, nor it's top speed. In fact, neither can the XR8...or skyline GTR.

The supra and GTR are just made for different drivers, plain and simple.

the xr8 unfortunately is closer to 1800kg at 1795kg, which ford said they wont be doin much about for BA2. i reckon if the xr8 could rev about 500rpm harder and keep the power and torque as well, it would be as fast as the gt

I don't know how anybody driving a supra twin turbo would lose a drag to an XR8. The XR8 is a decent set of wheels, true, but it weighs in at well over 1700 kg, with only 260 kw. The toyota weighs about 1500 kg and boasts 240 kw, plus a more advanced driveline meaning less power loss to the wheels.

The corevitt timesheets I have read for the XR8 make it as a 14.4 second car with a terminal speed about 162 kph. I have seen official tests on a (1997) JZ80 supra running a 13.45@171. As far as the GTO is concerned, it is a very good launcher, but can't match the supra's in gear acceleration, nor it's top speed. In fact, neither can the XR8...or skyline GTR.

the XR8 has 280kw not 260kw
    Attached Images Attached Images

well u c my dads m8 hu owns a V8 XR8 has tuned up his XR8 to a total of 374kw...its some fast shit now and guarantees a adrenaline rush

what makes u think the xr8 has that much, the au3 only had 220kw. even a holden fan will tell u that the xr8 has 260kw

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    well u c my dads m8 hu owns a V8 XR8 has tuned up his XR8 to a total of 374kw...its some fast shit now and guarantees a adrenaline rush
    all xr8's are v8's. for under $aud10000 i could get a BAXR8 up to an estimated 400kw, just from an 8psi supercharger and cat-back exhaust

Thread Information