Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My uncles new Aston

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Hey, I live up north of london, and only go to central parts, not south. And also where I live it's ordanary to see cars like ferraris 308's, mondials and 328's. Not to mention numerous lambo's. And you can find many merc's slr in garages in mayfair area or somewhere like that. Also Im only 14 so don't think that I'll know where everything is in london.
    Still no excuse for not knowing where Surrey is!!

I only came upon this thread and forum whilst looking for stuff on Jenson Button - who is obviously mentioned further up this thread.

So I thought I would join to tell you all that I have an Aston DB9 and I live in London - so it's not just people who live in the Home Counties who have nice cars.

How did this turn out, was it his Uncle's car or not?

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    Well, some rich guy does own that car, his uncle or not is another question.

The license plate looks unique, is that something that you pay extra for? Like a customized plate in the U.S.
    Yeah. I don't know how much the plate cost but its probably in the region of £15,000. Which in my eyes is a waste of money
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by nicky007

I only came upon this thread and forum whilst looking for stuff on Jenson Button - who is obviously mentioned further up this thread.

So I thought I would join to tell you all that I have an Aston DB9 and I live in London - so it's not just people who live in the Home Counties who have nice cars.

Only saw your post just. So you own a bd9 too. Congrats What part of london are you from?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Welcome to UCP. Can you provide us an Egg Nog Proof Of Ownership? Stick a piece of paper with your username on the gear nob. Sorry for being so distrustful, but here are a lot of liars, who are saying that they own a nice car and then it becomes obvious that they don't.

Hmmm, being distrusted by a Scumacher fan! That's never happened to me before.....

I had no intention of sticking around long enough to have to 'prove' I own my car!! I thought it was disgraceful that someone living in London did not know where Surrey was!!

My first car was a Ford Sierra, when I was 17, so to have progressed to an Aston is a bit of an achievement in under 14 years.

At the end of the day, a car is a car, no matter how nice it is. I don't agree with speeding, so what's the point of having a motor that does 190mph when the national speed limit is 70mph?? I had never really cared for flash cars until I saw a DB9 on the road one day. I fell in love with it without knowing what make of car it was, and had to follow it 10 miles out of my way to find out. Then I thought it was going to be really expensive, but I was actually quite surprised by the cost. It wasn't as much as I thought it would be. I have taken it over to Germany a few times to really get the feel of it, but the performance doesn't really do it for me. I just think it's cute!!

I can't understand why people would lie about owning a car. It seems so petty and pointless. I will not be doing an "Egg Nog" or whatever it was, as there doesn't seem to be any point. I didn't come here to brag about my car.

I live in Greenwich, 6'bore, which is south of the river. Please buy an AtoZ and improve your local geography!

bah, my onkle have a: ferrari enzo, pagni zonda, astonmartin vanquish s and a db9 and a dbr9 (the street model) beat that!

Hmmm, being distrusted by a Scumacher fan! That's never happened to me before.....

I had no intention of sticking around long enough to have to 'prove' I own my car!! I thought it was disgraceful that someone living in London did not know where Surrey was!!

My first car was a Ford Sierra, when I was 17, so to have progressed to an Aston is a bit of an achievement in under 14 years.

At the end of the day, a car is a car, no matter how nice it is. I don't agree with speeding, so what's the point of having a motor that does 190mph when the national speed limit is 70mph?? I had never really cared for flash cars until I saw a DB9 on the road one day. I fell in love with it without knowing what make of car it was, and had to follow it 10 miles out of my way to find out. Then I thought it was going to be really expensive, but I was actually quite surprised by the cost. It wasn't as much as I thought it would be. I have taken it over to Germany a few times to really get the feel of it, but the performance doesn't really do it for me. I just think it's cute!!

I can't understand why people would lie about owning a car. It seems so petty and pointless. I will not be doing an "Egg Nog" or whatever it was, as there doesn't seem to be any point. I didn't come here to brag about my car.
    You just suck at life.
    I live in Greenwich, 6'bore, which is south of the river. Please buy an AtoZ and improve your local geography!
    Are you a moderator at lie.com, I'mFullofBullshit.com, and/or IDon'tOwnanAstonMartin.com?? You lie like a rug.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-S-E
    bah, my onkle have a: ferrari enzo, pagni zonda, astonmartin vanquish s and a db9 and a dbr9 (the street model) beat that!
    You also suck at life.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Amazingly he puts up a convincing argument .. more convincing than some fan boys anyways. Hes not coming back so we'll never find out although I have to say, I wouldnt be hugely surprised if he really does have one. Still dont believe him though .. never trust someone from dawn sarf' .. oh sh*t, thats where im from

Quote Originally Posted by T-S-E
    Oh, really? Your "onkle" has a Zonda? What kind of engine does it have? Transmission? Do you have pictures of it? What's the lisence plate number? Where is the engine loacated? How big are it's wheels? I don't think you even have an "onkle". So shut up.

I had no intention of sticking around long enough to have to 'prove' I own my car!!
    It's not personal nicky, or abotu "bragging" ( a DB9 isn't anything THAT special )

it's something we ask of all members on UCP with cars.
    If you look in the thread "Official UCP ownership challeng" you'll see loads of pics.
    It in one simple step has every new member NEVER have to get invovled in debates about whether they do or dont' own a car. Many forusm get bogged down in abuse over those issues. We solve it with one simple request. It's NOT personal.

I hope you do - partly coz want to see the car and find out more about it but ALSO to enable you to stay on UCP without further hassle. It gets a little bit rougher for folks who cant' come up with the simple challenge
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-05-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hey, 6'bore, I get the same thing when I let people know what my family in Monaco drive.

Nice car.

But I don't believe Nicky. Although, at least he put up an argument.

I think that T-S-E was being sarcastic when he gave that list...

It seems to be the Americans who have missed its expertly subtle deployment. Not.

Its a tricky thing this "Egg Nog challenge". It does shut the pretenders up, but it could also drive away those who may see it as a bit trivial and pointless.

In this instance it seems to have put off this potential source of DB9 pics...

Unlikely though it seems there are people who own nice cars and look on the internet. There have been two McLaren F1 owners posting in forums, we have a Dodge Viper owner. Sometimes the incredulous cries of foul aren't always warranted.
    Thanks for all the fish

i agree with coventry, just lighten up guys, and! we have TWO viper owners! more proof to add
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I think that T-S-E was being sarcastic when he gave that list...
    It seems to be the Americans who have missed its expertly subtle deployment. Not.
    I've seen my fair share of complete morons on the net. It's hard to know whether someone is just being sarcastic or a jerk/idiot/liar. Or all 4.
    Last edited by carlover; 02-05-2005 at 09:44 PM.

I used to post on a forums with a Mclaren F1 owner. It was Rowan Atkinson .. we discussed race tuning 70s saloons .. something hes very into. Someone on the forum actually went to meet him at a track day. The forum kinda died though

Thread Information