View Poll Results: Should the Ferrari Enzo get a bye to the final?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 40.00%
  • No

18 60.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Awards 2009: Car of the Decade [The Enzo Issue]

UCP Awards 2009: Car of the Decade [The Enzo Issue]

Ok so I missed putting the Enzo in one of the threads. This thread will be a simple yes/no vote, and what I am asking is whether or not the Enzo should get to the finals, in essence, a bye. If there are more yes votes than no, then it will get a bye.

No. Because there's the Veyron. And the GT-R.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

No, because there is the C6
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    No, because there is the C6
    I of course assume you mean the Corvette...

Or wait... Isn't there some French thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I of course assume you mean the Corvette...

Or wait... Isn't there some French thing?
    A Citroen C6 was already available in the early thirties of the previous century. Any other claim to that name is a breach of copywright.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the enzo didnt break any boundaries or make any real breakthroughs in the supercar world compared to others that are on the list, so i say no. The F50 was in essence a formula one car with a more civilized shell. The enzo was just a modernised version of the same. While still a great car, i wouldnt say it would ever win any votes over the veyron, murcielago or the zonda F when looking amongst the class it is in.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 02-23-2010 at 03:46 PM.

I doubt the Murcielago is a groundbreaking car at all. Great yes, a goal posts mover no.
    Visca Catalunya!

i'd say the sheer fact that the murcielago has been such a prominent figure in the supercar world for pretty much the entire decade despite its age it has evolved and changed with the times and hasnt shown any signs of being majorly overtaken even by the hypercars of late.

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    No, because the Enzo is becoming a thing of the past I was still in second grade when the car came out. This was like 8 years ago, I remember buying a twenty dollar poser of this car though. It truly is what got me liking cars in the first place =]
    Now there are cars that will give the Enzo a run for its money, and I haven't really heard much news of the Enzo in years. The last time I heard someone say the name Ferrari Enzo was on a re-run of Top Gear.
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    i'd say the sheer fact that the murcielago has been such a prominent figure in the supercar world for pretty much the entire decade despite its age it has evolved and changed with the times and hasnt shown any signs of being majorly overtaken even by the hypercars of late.
    I love the Murci. I love the fact that it's the last old-schooler. I love its massive V12, I love the doors, I love the open gate gearshift. Everything is great. But these days it's barely faster, if at all, than a 599 GTB which isn't a supercar. The thing is it's been completely surpassed by the new-age carbonfibred supercars.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwmakemh View Post
    No, because the Enzo is becoming a thing of the past I was still in second grade when the car came out. This was like 8 years ago, I remember buying a twenty dollar poser of this car though. It truly is what got me liking cars in the first place =]
    Now there are cars that will give the Enzo a run for its money, and I haven't really heard much news of the Enzo in years. The last time I heard someone say the name Ferrari Enzo was on a re-run of Top Gear.
    It's... car of the decade... you know?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    No. Because there's the Veyron. And the GT-R.
    The Enzo is a very different type of car. And it's a wonderful car at that.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    The Enzo is a very different type of car. And it's a wonderful car at that.
    Not denying this, but I'm not judging personal preference here.

For the record I don't like either.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'd say no, Because I don't feel like it's the best car of the Decade.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

No. I don't think it's special enough.

The Murcielago should have a spot because it is THE definitive supercar of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    the enzo didnt break any boundaries or make any real breakthroughs in the supercar world compared to others that are on the list, so i say no. The F50 was in essence a formula one car with a more civilized shell. The enzo was just a modernised version of the same. While still a great car, i wouldnt say it would ever win any votes over the veyron, murcielago or the zonda F when looking amongst the class it is in.
    I would vote for it over those. You're saying the Enzo is an evolution of the F50. How is the Zonda F not an even more direct evolution of other Zondas?

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I'd say no, Because I don't feel like it's the best car of the Decade.
    Neither are the other cars, really. A supercar only finale seems to be where we're going, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    No. I don't think it's special enough.

The Murcielago should have a spot because it is THE definitive supercar of the decade.
    I always figured a definitive super car should compete with other super cars. Like, you know, actually be a super car.

The Enzo was crazy when it came out and was the standard by which the new wave of supercars (post F1) were measured for most of the decade. If all we're comparing is supercars, that gives it the nod for me.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information