Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car problems thread

Car problems thread

post any problems you have and I will try to solve them.

i just bought cams and sprokets for my RX-7 and i cant figure out where they go
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

never good

I am having issues with the isostatic pressure capacitor in the tertiary inginition subsystem. It keeps fortuitously sending dielectric ERM signals to the wrong set of routing modules. I phoned "Auto Parts Plus" but they couldn't help me out...

This is serious now, I just put a new(er) generator, voltage regulator, checked all the fuses and check most connections on my midget. But my car won't produce any electricity, I have to recharge and recharge the battery all the time. I am stumped to what is causing this.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    This is serious now, I just put a new(er) generator, voltage regulator, checked all the fuses and check most connections on my midget. But my car won't produce any electricity, I have to recharge and recharge the battery all the time. I am stumped to what is causing this.
    Alternator or dynamo ?
    Did you put the fan belt back on
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    i just bought cams and sprokets for my RX-7 and i cant figure out where they go

hmmmmm, i'm stumped with that one, try reading a chiltons auto repair manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I am having issues with the isostatic pressure capacitor in the tertiary inginition subsystem. It keeps fortuitously sending dielectric ERM signals to the wrong set of routing modules. I phoned "Auto Parts Plus" but they couldn't help me out...
    I say check your wireing to see if it is connected properly and e erything is in right. after you do that tell me if there still is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Alternator or dynamo ?
    Did you put the fan belt back on
    Its a generator not an alternator. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the problem matra?

This thread is uncannily awesome.

Its a generator not an alternator. Do you have any ideas what could be causing the problem matra?
    Sure it's the right versions ? . I wonder if you've a mix of new generator and reg for ealier version.
    Just wanting to check the obviosu first

So, what changed that stopped it working and started the replacements ??

Can you get a voltmeter ?
    Check the voltage across the battery when ignition off, ignition on and engine running. Post the 3 voltages here.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 07-04-2004 at 05:35 PM. Reason: missed it was a generator
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

thank you.

and all i do is laugh...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Sure it's the right versions ? . I wonder if you've a mix of new generator and reg for ealier version.
    Just wanting to check the obviosu first

So, what changed that stopped it working and started the replacements ??

Can you get a voltmeter ?
    Check the voltage across the battery when ignition off, ignition on and engine running. Post the 3 voltages here.
    When the car was bought, it wasn't working. So, i've been replacing the battery and charging the battery with a charger for about 2 years now. the replacement volt reg is a lucas one that is supposedly for 1275's. The generator is from an earlier car, but i had it checked at a local shop and they said it is fine, so i put it in and it still didn't work. I'll do the volt meter thing tomorrow when i'm going to be workin on it. I'll post them for you. Also, the light in the interior that shows when the battery needs charging has never worked, and the problem is not the bulb.

When the car was bought, it wasn't working. ......... Also, the light in the interior that shows when the battery needs charging has never worked, and the problem is not the bulb.
    Hmmmm

You need to get the model numbers off the dynamo and the regulator and I know someone who can tell me right away if they're the right match.

Also, do you know what year the wiring loom is from ? Again, there were differences. The most substantial being the change from positive to negative earth in the 60s !!!

Thread Information