Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ferrari F12berlinetta 2012-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Breathtakingly ugly.
    It really isn't though. It's not pretty, but it's no Aztec. Also the 550/575 are boring. 456 is great though.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Breathtakingly ugly.

On the topic of Ferrari, I'd have the 458 of the new crop of high end sportscars (12C, LFA, et al). That being said, many have complained about FNA's shittiness.

I would rather grab a new V8 R8 as well as a red/tan stick 355 instead of these new Ferraris.

Hell, there's also the 456, 550/575.

Now I'm rambling, but I liked how Car and Driver ran a letter decrying how expensive the 3 series is compared to previous generations, considering it is an I4. What is funny is you can get the I4 with an 8 speed. Twice as many gears as cylinders! In the US, it used to be the inverse of that!
    I hate the 458. The only reason why I look at modern Ferraris is because they're expensive, not because they're pretty.

The F12 is slightly better, but not great, styling wise. It could have all the best technology, but it doesn't help make me like the car.

The 575 Maranello was really beautiful- smooth styling, not too busy.

I feel like Ferrari is trying to style its cars so that it can be more dramatic than Lamborghini, but it's really trying too hard while doing so.

McLaren has done it nicely- kept the understated styling and yet everything is aerodynamic and functional. Either you'll know what it is, or you won't.

And is it just me, or has the grill grown larger and larger for every 12 cylinder Ferrari since the 612 Scaglietti?

For me, I'd choose the LF-A as my pick out of the current crop of supercars.

It's currently the only Japanese supercar. That's reason enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    It really isn't though. It's not pretty, but it's no Aztec. Also the 550/575 are boring. 456 is great though.
    I would say it's probably the most awkwardly styled supercar to come from a major manufacturer. I dare you to name a more awkward looking supercar.

And that's what kills it for me- for the price, why would I get such an awkward looking car when I could probably get a McLaren or a Lamborghini for about the same (maybe a little less)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Let me see if I understood this well. You are fond of the subtlety of the 90's Ferrari yet you prefer the over-designed, full of lines 458 over the discreet MP4-12C?
    I don't particularily like the looks of the 458 or the 12C. The 458 is the car I'd drive though. I think the LFA is the best looking and sounding of the new three that I consider in the same class, but the gearbox and steering are not very nice, or so I have heard. Also, it is pretty expensive compared to the other two.

All of this line of thought excludes the Gallardo, which would enter into my mind were I considering it. I left it out as it is "old crop."

Yes, that's what emission regulations and fuel economy goals cause...
    I think these are noble goals though. I think governments worldwide are going about attaining these goals in unideal manners though.

Politicians are not tasked with using logic.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Yeah, maybe that's more accurate. Maybe it's not. The 550/575 are no lookers, but they are nice damn cars.

I don't particularily like the looks of the 458 or the 12C. The 458 is the car I'd drive though. I think the LFA is the best looking and sounding of the new three that I consider in the same class, but the gearbox and steering are not very nice, or so I have heard. Also, it is pretty expensive compared to the other two.

All of this line of thought excludes the Gallardo, which would enter into my mind were I considering it. I left it out as it is "old crop."
    The problem with the Gallardo is the R8. Why pay more, when you can have the same for less?

Thinking about it briefly I think I'd have none of the modern junior supercars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

May the sh1tstorm continue #7
    Attached Images Attached Images

May the sh1tstorm continue #8

SKICA F12Berlinetta

Very RARE Color Skica Ferrari F12Berlinetta - Original Signed Luca Cordero di Montezemolo.

Facebook/Brochure Collector

Isn't 740bhp like, perhaps, a bit too much power...?
    Lol is 800 bhp better ?

Thread Information