Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

I've had F3 GOTY for PS3 for a while know and still no problems, asside from the ps3 update that detroyed my save games, i hope i don't get to many errors that ruin it.

I'll buy F3NV when the GOTY comes out, it's worth the wait.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    for PS3 I can't think of many other than the obvious lag/freezing and perhaps a few graphics glitches. I dunno, I felt it was pretty acceptable considering how good the rest of the game was.

Why was your experience so poor?
    I found playing the game to be a bit of drag, things like combat got pretty cumbersome and it just wasn't that captivating to me.

Its more a thing of personal prefence than an actually rubbish game, because there was some brilliant stuff thrown into it.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    When I first got FO3 on its release date, I hated it too, but only because I sucked at it. Turned out I hadn't taken the time to actually learn how to play the game properly. VATS and fast travel among other things greatly improved my experience onward lol . I just love that gritty texture of the post apocalyptic landscape and all the crazy things that call it home. Awesome game.
    No, I figured out VATS from the beginning, but I still didn't like it too much.

Did you not even watch a trailer or read the manual?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    No, I figured out VATS from the beginning, but I still didn't like it too much.

Did you not even watch a trailer or read the manual?
    No I hadn't so much as heard of the game. I just walked into blockbuster one night to rent a movie, threw a glance over towards the game section and saw fallout 3 and that was pretty much it. I looked at the cover, briefly read the back, said sweet and chucked it in my PS3 only to find out I should have done more research. After that it sat on my shelf for months until I finally gave it(myself) a second shot. It was a real "learning by doing" experience, but I got'er dun so it was worth it.

Combat can be extremely tedious in this game, because when you're waiting on VATS to load back up, your aimer is backwardsforwardsleftrightcenter all over the place trying to hit a damn target. It doesn't have anywhere near the steady hand of the Halo or COD games, but its definitely got its charms or I wouldn't be so into it.

Fallout 3 for me was a natural continuation of the previous Fallout. Even if its 3D and FPS, the game still has that same feel, same sense of humor, and the rustic appeal. VATS was on combat works in the old games, and I was surprised how well it works on a 3D environment. And they worked in your stats to your FPS engine so if you have low stats you will get more missed shots. Its still a RPG at heart....

I mean you still have Alien blaster, how cool was that....I remember finding it along side an Elvis picture in Fallout 1....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im a newbie ..............im glad to being with us......

the expansion packs for FO3 were rubbish

as was the storyline . i was really expecting something geared more towards adults than kids

Thread Information