Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MINI (Mk II -R56) 2006-2013

MINI (Mk II -R56) 2006-2013

All-New MINI
    08/14/2006

Details of the all-new MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S have been revealed today, Monday 14 August 2006. Featuring a completely new body design, a striking modern interior and modern high-performance engines, the two new models go on sale before the end of the year.

The overwhelming success of its predecessor, launched in 2001, has paved the way for the new MINI to consolidate and expand its position in the premium segment it created. In five years it has sold over 800,000 around the world, and 200,000 in the UK alone.

The external design of the new MINI has remained true to its phenomenally successful forebear, yet every body panel is different. The MINI design team rightly deemed evolution preferable to revolution and MINI’s styling remains instantly recognisable. Five years after its launch it still stands out, and this design explains why demand for the current MINI is higher today than it has ever been.

Under the skin, the new MINI range reveals more radical change. Highlights include completely new four-cylinder 1.6-litre petrol engines featuring a wealth of innovative technical features, and new suspension designed to deliver a more comfortable ride without losing the trademark MINI ‘go-kart’ experience.

The new MINI features an all-new interior that aims to mix MINI’s unique style with improved quality and greater comfort. There is more usable space for both front and rear seat occupants and owners will be able to choose from an even wider range of colours, interior specifications and options in order to personalise their car.

The new MINI Cooper produces 120hp, accelerates from 0-62mph in 9.1 seconds and reaches a top speed of 126mph. The MINI Cooper S is powered by an intercooled and turbocharged version of the same power unit and produces 175hp. It covers the 0-62mph sprint in 7.1 seconds and achieves a top speed of 140mph.

The fuel consumption of both models has improved dramatically. The combined cycle for the MINI Cooper is now 48.7mpg (formerly 40.9) and MINI Cooper S 40.9mpg (formerly 32.8). CO2 emissions have also been reduced meaning that both models will move two places in the VED car tax ratings.

The new MINI One will follow in the first half of 2007, its 1.4-litre engine developing maximum output of 95 hp. The MINI range will be joined at the same time by the new MINI Diesel featuring the most advanced and sophisticated turbodiesel technology in its class. Further details of these key MINI derivatives will be issued at a later date.

Expected on-the-road prices:
    MINI One £11,595
    MINI Cooper £12,995
    MINI Cooper S £15,995

2006 MINI Cooper Mk II - Images, Specifications and Information
    2006 MINI Cooper S Mk II - Images, Specifications and Information
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 11-19-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: re-arange purpose
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Mini One MINIMALISM

A new standard in efficiency: the MINI One MINIMALISM Line.

Joining the range for model year 2010 are two variants of the new MINI One MINIMALISM Line, which focus even more intensely on minimising fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. They come with a choice of the four-cylinder engine that drives the MINI One 55 kW or that of the MINI One 72 kW, achieve performance figures commensurate with each model, and combine these with an even greater degree of efficiency. Extremely focused and extensively employed MINIMALISM measures bring average fuel consumption for each model down to 5.1 litres per 100 km in the EU test cycle. CO2 emissions are likewise identical, at 119 g/km. The MINI One 55 kW MINIMALISM Line and the MINI One 72 kW MINIMALISM Line therefore have the lowest fuel consumption and emissions figures of all the brand’s petrol-engined models.

The MINI One MINIMALISM Line is also fitted as standard with a six-speed manual gearbox and the driving stability control system DSC. Stand-out exterior features include aerodynamically optimised wheels, exclusive Pepper White design elements in the radiator grille and on the exterior mirror caps, and a model-specific logo. Plus, like every MINI it is configured according to customer specification. Customers keen to express other facets of their individual style in addition to their appreciation of economical and low-emission mobility can therefore also choose from a wide selection of exterior paint finishes, interior colours and upholstery variants for their MINI One MINIMALISM Line, as well as an extensive range of optional equipment and accessories.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Is it just me, or this makes the Hona CR-Z hybrid thingy look like a lot of fail?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

no. the CR-Z makes the CR-Z look like fail
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

How to sell the customer less and charge them more.

This green car trend is F**king business genius.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    How to sell the customer less and charge them more.

This green car trend is F**king business genius.
    Actually that's not exactly the case.

Yes they are more expensive, but you do get more. For instance the price difference between the regular Focus and the Econetic version is 400€, but with that you do get sports suspension and a car that's faster and more frugal.

I personally think that those so called green modifications should available across the whole range because they improve the car they are applied on.
    Visca Catalunya!

it might be 400 euro's in your parts, but it's nearly $6,000 for us.

To me, thats just ridiculous, no matter how good the EcoNetic is.

And I agree - If it's a workable green modification why have it simply on the one model?

6 grand? That's madness, and indeed not worth it.
    Visca Catalunya!

You can buy a Base Fiesta for $17,990.

An Econetic is $24,990.

SPARTA!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    You can buy a Base Fiesta for $17,990.

An Econetic is $24,990.

SPARTA!
    lol

the first few models that cost more will pay for the R&D required to bring it to market. once it is paid off, it will filter thought the rest of the line. at least that's the theory. if it is on a mini, you will pay extra for it if it is not bare metal or plastic.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    lol

the first few models that cost more will pay for the R&D required to bring it to market. once it is paid off, it will filter thought the rest of the line. at least that's the theory. if it is on a mini, you will pay extra for it if it is not bare metal or plastic.
    Improved aerodinamics, lentghned gear ratios and some weight savings by removing unnecessary things doesn't require much R&D. If they charge a million is because they want to rip off the costumer.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like it in form and concept.

Wait, there's something else that happens when a car is made lighter and more aerodynamic, let me think that it is . . . hmmm . . . Yes! Of course, when a car is lighter and more aerodynamic it's faster and more fun to drive!

Batteries should only be used in cars to get the alternator going.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Batteries should only be used in cars to get the alternator going.
    How do you propose you start the engine? The battery's main job is providing enough amps (between 300 and 800, depending on engine size, temperature, so on...) to the starter motor. It would be more efficient to use the alternator to capture energy under braking, and store it (battery), then have the alternator permanently loading the engine to deliver all the current required for all the toys onboard (which on a MINI, is quite a bit. On a Merc S-Class, it's a LOT.)

Hello,

It will hurt a lot of cars... The sales of the 500, the Fiesta ECOnetic and the CR-Z will be low with this Mini on the market. This hubcaps are so ugly, but it will cost €12.300, we cannot complain! It will be succesful.

Regards,

Castro CyM.

PS: I take this opportunity to introduce myself, I'm Castro, I'm from Tarragona (Catalonia), and I'm glad to know this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Castro CyM View Post
    Hello,

It will hurt a lot of cars... The sales of the 500, the Fiesta ECOnetic and the CR-Z will be low with this Mini on the market. This hubcaps are so ugly, but it will cost €12.300, we cannot complain! It will be succesful.

Regards,

Castro CyM.

PS: I take this opportunity to introduce myself, I'm Castro, I'm from Tarragona (Catalonia), and I'm glad to know this forum.
    Hello and welcome to UCP Castro CyM! Hopefully you will stick around and enjoy the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Hello and welcome to UCP Castro CyM! Hopefully you will stick around and enjoy the place.
    Hello!

Thank you Kitdy, I will visit this forum everyday, here's a lot of information, images and kind people.

Regards,

Castro CyM!
    "At top speed, the tyres of the Veyron will only last for about fifteen minutes, but it's okay because the fuel runs out in twelve minutes". (James May, Top Gear)

Thread Information