Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: she's..uh..small and white, and a deathtrap

Here's the 930 article...there's also one about building a 911 S-T replica. It's a great magazine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

that's a great article. one hell of a clean 930!
    i'd love to have a 930 slant nose one day...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Get a 930 slant nose and make a 935 replica!

Like.....much hate is boiling up inside me.

I take comfort in the fact that i could punt you into the next state should the need arise

Really sweet car though. Kudos.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Get a 930 slant nose and make a 935 replica!
    i'd have to get a turbo 930 first...
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Like.....much hate is boiling up inside me.

I take comfort in the fact that i could punt you into the next state should the need arise

Really sweet car though. Kudos.
    cheers dude
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i'd have to get a turbo 930 first...
    then just buy a flat nose conversion kit for the carrera and get on with it.

You gotta be kidding... you seriously own that gorgeous car?

I'm so jealous. Congratulations clutch, and don't kill yourself dammit! Don't push the beast too fast, you've been driving shoeboxes for too long to do that!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

same cost as a new honda civic or vw golf here. basically more than i wanted to spend

all i shall say, is that really was too much (purely because im so jelous!(sp?))

what a car! you cock. leave the stikaz on, you know that they make more POWAR! (and add teh l337 BOJ stiker!)

I must drive this car next time your down or im up in QLD...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Don't push the beast too fast, you've been driving shoeboxes for too long to do that!
    haha damn right! slowly dopes it
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    all i shall say, is that really was too much (purely because im so jelous!(sp?))

what a car! you cock. leave the stikaz on, you know that they make more POWAR! (and add teh l337 BOJ stiker!)

I must drive this car next time your down or im up in QLD...
    boj sticker goes on monday. i have perfect UCP stickers, only they happen to be in white too

clutch originally posted

to best give an idea of an equivalent cost over there, it was about the same cost as a new honda civic or vw golf here. basically more than i wanted to spend i'll be paying it off for awhile
    Race cars are meant to be expensive, the budget I allowed for my car has well and truley been surpassed, but I dont care. I took the brothers car for some laps round Mallala today, It started shit, spin on turn 1 but the rest of the day was fatatsic, when are you hitting the track.

That is an absolute bargain and the car looks fantastic, we have enough cars with yours, ballasts,blackhonda, blueys and cyco's to have a UCP race, I will need a handicap cause mine a toyota though and they are boring and slow
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    So... midlife crisis, eh clutch?

I though only 40-year old, balding men who want a last chance at youth buy Porsches like this.

j/k man, I love 911s. Great purchase- you saved yourself some money by buying it with the rollcage installed.
    How do you know me??? insert corolla instead of Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    clutch originally posted

Race cars are meant to be expensive, the budget I allowed for my car has well and truley been surpassed, but I dont care. I took the brothers car for some laps round Mallala today, It started shit, spin on turn 1 but the rest of the day was fatatsic, when are you hitting the track.

That is an absolute bargain and the car looks fantastic, we have enough cars with yours, ballasts,blackhonda, blueys and cyco's to have a UCP race, I will need a handicap cause mine a toyota though and they are boring and slow
    a ucp race series! get fred over from norway to compete as well
    i'll need a handicap, because i'll be so dead i don't know if it only feels stupidly fast, or if it really is - i think the specs are 270bhp in a 1000-1100kg car, so maybe
    so far i love driving it, although i am having difficulties with the clutch and throttle - the first seems a little intolerant and the second blips a lot of it's own accord, i suspect i'll get used to it

How about doing Targa Tasmania ?
    Fair chance I've got two cars, drivers and co-drivers coming over next year if we can get the A110s competitive and holidays arranged
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

lmao!

decals will come off, only there for now because the car competed last week. i don't know about emissions, exhaust is not standard and engine came from a completely different model, so

good point...i'll get to work on it

that's pretty much what i figured, i'd be spending more initially but saving money in th elong run

edit: got some daytime pics when i took it for an early morning cruise. seat of the pants estimation is that it is almost as fast, or feels almost as fast as the GT3, no doubt thanks to the low weight and the 993 engine.
    will need a different set of wheels with street tires as soon as funds allow. the previous owner is sending all the oem equipment as well as a spare race seat to me in the next week.
    Perfect plates for you.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

a ucp race series! get fred over from norway to compete as well
    i'll need a handicap, because i'll be so dead i don't know if it only feels stupidly fast, or if it really is - i think the specs are 270bhp in a 1000-1100kg car, so maybe
    so far i love driving it, although i am having difficulties with the clutch and throttle - the first seems a little intolerant and the second blips a lot of it's own accord, i suspect i'll get used to it
    270bhp and 1000kg that thing will move , we put the brothers car on the scales at Mallala and it weighed 790 with 30l of fuel, his engine makes 165bhp. Hopefully mine should weigh 20-30kg less and has 185, power to weight ratio FTW .

I was the same yesterday, my brother is 4 inches taller than me and his feet are bigger. With the 6 point harness I could only just reach the brakes properly and heel/toeing was a prick.

Clutch when is your first track day ??, you will have a ball

They have Topgear meetings in Queensland, you should talk to Ballast( Kevin) about them, he has competed in a few

Thread Information