Thread: Highlights from the New York and Shanghai auto shows and a new Maserati racer ...

Highlights from the New York and Shanghai auto shows and a new Maserati racer ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

This month major auto shows are held in two of the world's biggest cities; Shanghai and New York. The show in the 'Big Apple' opened its doors to the media yesterday. The gathered press was treated to a variety of high performance releases.
    The most exciting was the Nissan Nismo 370Z, which is lighter and more powerful than the 'regular' 370Z. The 350 bhp coupe can easily be distinguished from its more docile brother by an aggressive body-kit. Alongside the Nismo version, Nissan also debuted the Roadster. Compared to the outgoing 350Z Roadster, power is up by 26 bhp.
    At the BMW and Mercedes-Benz displays high performance also was a key ingredient. The Munich based manufacturer debuted the X5 M and X6 M. Both cars are a little superfluous but they do boast an interesting development of BMW's twin-turbo V8 engine. Now producing a hefty 555 bhp, this engine is expected to be used in future M5 and M6 models. Over at the arch-rival from Stuttgart, the wraps were taken off the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. Like most of the recent AMG models, it uses the fabulous all-aluminum, naturally aspirated 6.3 litre V8. The coupe version is expected to follow shortly.
    At Shanghai the doors will not open for another week but BMW already released the first images of the 760Li that will be unveiled in the Chinese city. It uses an all-new twin-turbocharged V12 engine, which is good for 544 bhp.
    Earlier this week during the official FIA GT test days at Paul Ricard, a new Maserati racing car took to the track. Based on the concept shown late last year, the GranTurismo MC will be used in the various GT4 championships.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Acura ZDX Prototype - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 BMW 760Li - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 BMW X6 M - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Maserati GranTurismo MC - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Nissan 370Z Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Nissan Nismo 370Z - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Scion iQ Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

goin to the New York International Auto Show prolly this Friday! Will take pics on the D200
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    goin to the New York International Auto Show prolly this Friday! Will take pics on the D200
    I might be there tomorrow too.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Maybe I'm a big Z sucker lately, but I'm digging the new Nismo.

yeah, it does look nicer than the standard. i heard the pricing for it is flat out ridiculous though
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah, it does look nicer than the standard. i heard the pricing for it is flat out ridiculous though
    I heard about this fully-loaded 2010 Mustang GT hitting a dealer in Delaware, US today and the sticker price is $40,730.... If it beats that level of ridiculousness I'd be impressed

But yeah, it will be overpriced as f*** at the beginning....

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Maybe I'm a big Z sucker lately, but I'm digging the new Nismo.
    i like that it lost the fangs. that was my least favorite part... there is something about the front fender flares that im not real keen on though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I might be there tomorrow too.
    awesome, i'll be there with NSX Tpye R, in the night time
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    awesome, i'll be there with NSX Tpye R, in the night time
    I'll probably be there early if at all tomorrow, have a party to attend at night.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I heard about this fully-loaded 2010 Mustang GT hitting a dealer in Delaware, US today and the sticker price is $40,730.... If it beats that level of ridiculousness I'd be impressed
    But yeah, it will be overpriced as f*** at the beginning....
    well.. i asked an acquaintance whos's over there test driving, and you get this:

Nismo forged aluminium 19 inch LMZ5 rims
    -S-Tune brake pads
    -Nismo front strut brace
    -Nismo stainless sports suspension package
    -Nismo front bar, lip, side skirts, rear bar and rear wing
    -Nismo full exhaust
    -Nismo shifter
    -Nismo floor mats

for what works out to be $25,000 AUD (dunno what that turns out to be in USD)
    also; the exhaust design looks wierd? why go from two pipes to one then back to two? just seems like they'd be better off keeping it separate
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i like that it lost the fangs. that was my least favorite part... there is something about the front fender flares that im not real keen on though.
    agreed on the fangs, although now i think the front grille is a little small/narrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    also; the exhaust design looks wierd? why go from two pipes to one then back to two? just seems like they'd be better off keeping it separate
    Rally prepared 350Zs have single exhaust pipes, so the dual exhaust is probably fake.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

most all of the exhaust systems for the Z/G go down to one pipe around the transmission, and then go back to two. some of the exhaust companies, APEXi and the like just stay as one pipe. but a lot of companies go to a big muffler like the one clutch posted, and thats how it is stock too. its not a true dual, but exhaust does come out of both.

I'll be at the NYIAS tonight in my white UCP shirt with a couple friends. If anyone here will be there tonight you can pm me for a quick UCP stop and chat at the convention center.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Iin my white UCP shirt
    i need to get me one of those.

Thread Information