Thread: Ferrari Leggenda e Passione Auction preview ...

Ferrari Leggenda e Passione Auction preview ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

At last year's Ferrari Leggenda e Passione sale in Maranello a new world record was set for the most expensive car ever sold at auction. This year's edition, again hosted by RM Auctions in association with Sotheby's, promises to break that record once again. Very early on they consigned a beautiful Ferrari 250 TR that was estimated to eclipse last year's top seller by a little bit. Late last month, however, they surprised friend and foe with the announcement that they have included this fantastic Ferrari 350 Can-Am in the May 17th auction. Originally born as one of just three 330 P4s, this sports racer has been in the same collection for nearly four decades. With the other two also in long term ownerships, this is a very rare opportunity to buy one of Ferrari's definitive sports racers of the 1960s. Although it is hard to give out estimates but bids on the 350 Can-Am will surely get to 8-figures and some suggest up to $20 million.
    In some respects, it is a shame that such a headliner grabber has been consigned as it takes so much of the attention away from the other interesting lots. To ensure that they do not get left out, we have highlighted three other very interesting entries in this preview. The rarest of the breed is this unique Ferrari 250 GT SWB Bertone Coupe. It is one of only very few Ferraris styled by the great Giorgietto Giugiaro and looks nothing like the familiar SWB by Pininfarina. The elegant two-seater is expected to sell for $3 - $4 million. With two examples built, the Maserati 250S is almost as rare. Originally built for Carroll Shelby and Jim Hall, the example offered has recently resurfaced after a long spell in the Rosso Bianco museum. In addition to the auction car, our article also features the only other 250S built.
    The Leggenda e Passione auction also includes the collection of Edgar Schermerhorn, who had a special passion for rare coach-built Ferraris. Our favorite of the collection is this very early 166 Inter Stabilimenti Farina Berlinetta, one of just four or five built by this coach-builder.

Enjoy the links:

Ferrari Legenda e Passione preview

1967 Ferrari 350 Can-Am - Images, Specifications and Information

1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Bertone Coupe Speciale - Images, Specifications and Information

1948 - 1950 Ferrari 166 Inter Stabilimenti Farina Berlinetta - Images, Specifications and Information

1955 - 1957 Maserati 250S - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    If I had a few bags of money........
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Atm it seems I would need to purchase the official auction catalog to enter the event (no words if my mate is able to let me in without paying or something).
    That's good for a exclusive book (the catalog) and 70 € out of my pocket, but granting the entrance even to a guest of mine.
    What I don't understand is if that catalog would also grant me the entrance to Saturdays' activities at the Fiorano track including:
    * Dedicated test drive for RM clients
    * Corse Clienti Demonstrations (F1 Clienti, Historic Challenge)
    * 599 XX Demonstrations

If it was possible to attend even on Saturday, that would add another option to my poll

Do some of you has a precedent and personal experience of this auction?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information