Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the C5 's little sister has finally arrived.

the C5 's little sister has finally arrived.

This weekend while we were at Le Mans, my wife took delivery of her new toy, the C3 EHdi. It will replace the Stilo that after 8 years of service has gone, to make room for a cheaper car, both in running costs and pricewise.
    The EHdi is claimed to have an average consumption of over 27 km per liter, which makes it exempt from road tax under current Dutch conditions. First impressions are that is a nice little car, with 95 BHP from the 1.6 liter engine sufficeint to move along with the traffic if needed. Seeing the computer read outs of 30km/liter while doing 85 kph can make a man happy, given the current fuel prices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I hope Mrs. henk enjoys many happy miles in her new car!

Congratulations.

Cheap and cheerful transport.

Big tank must make for long distance range.

5 or 6 speed?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congratulations.

Cheap and cheerful transport.

Big tank must make for long distance range.

5 or 6 speed?
    Thanks, tank is only 45 liters or thereabouts. I'll keep a log on the mileage. Surprisingly it has only 5 gears, with a V1000 at about 50 kph. They could probably have put in a longer topgear, but that might have asked for more frequent downshifting. The only thing that I am deerly missing is the right armrest, which makes long distance driving so much more comfortable.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I thought the C3 had a 50 litre tank, maybe the eHDi has a smaller one? In any case, 45 litres should be enough to easily do 800km a tank. 50km/h every 1.000rpm in fifth is fine, not overtly long but good for relaxed high speed cruising.

Does it have low rolling resistance tyres? How do they feel? Is there a significant change in grip and performance?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I thought the C3 had a 50 litre tank, maybe the eHDi has a smaller one? In any case, 45 litres should be enough to easily do 800km a tank. 50km/h every 1.000rpm in fifth is fine, not overtly long but good for relaxed high speed cruising.

Does it have low rolling resistance tyres? How do they feel? Is there a significant change in grip and performance?
    You are right, it has 50 liters. It has those energy saving tyres, but I would not be able to tell you about a difference in characteristics, perhaps if I get a chance to drive another C3 I could. We are not planning to search the limits of its roadholding capabilities.
    (For one journo of our national fanboy magazine Autoweek, the C3 was one of the flops of 2010, being too weak and soft. At that moment I was certain that we had bought the right car and compared to the C5 it still feels a little stiff )

What is the significance of he e in eHDi? This is an even more economic model I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What is the significance of he e in eHDi? This is an even more economic model I take it?
    yes, everything is geared to reaching the lowest possible emissions/highest mileage. It has special aerodynamic wheel covers, a start-stop system and energy saving tyres.
    The engine is the 92 BHP version of the 1560 cc PSA HDi block, which, and that may surprise you, is also available in the Volvo S80, where it delivers 115 BHP......

Nice car, congratulations. The EHdi was a sensible chose considering the current fuel prices.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    yes, everything is geared to reaching the lowest possible emissions/highest mileage. It has special aerodynamic wheel covers, a start-stop system and energy saving tyres.
    and most difference it's not your right foot on the throttle
    nice car !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    and most difference it's not your right foot on the throttle
    no problem there either, I am a lefty.

pmsl.

That creates a great picture of left foot on throttle and tryign to twist right foot over to clutch for gear changes ... and braking just scares me
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    pmsl.

That creates a great picture of left foot on throttle and tryign to twist right foot over to clutch for gear changes ... and braking just scares me
    braking is the loss of energy, we don't want that.

Braking is for pansies.

Pieter prefers to live his life at part open throttle.

Or something.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congrats. Looks like a good buy to me... and at least it doesn't look utterly boring.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Thread Information