View Poll Results: Which 1 will win a street drag race?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supra

3 23.08%
  • Skyline GT-R

3 23.08%
  • NSX

5 38.46%
  • 3000GT

2 15.38%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline GT-R vs 3000GT vs NSX

Quote Originally Posted by s15Silvia_Ala
    the Chassis the Chassis the Chassis its not good it one component of the car is good all components of the car have to work togeather to make the car better its like a football,soccer or hockey team, all the components have to work togeather to make it a mean machine and thank you very much i know the Hype about a Supra it made me go out and drive one i have driven them on a track they handle like shit very fast and inexpensve compared to the other choices which by a car and driver standers its better because they use categories but also the said the SRT-4 Neon is faster then STI which if you have never seen a race you might think this is true ; futhermore, you are comparing the top of the chain Supra to one of the Worst Skylines ever put out they maid advances but had not perfected it yet. Oh and by the way i just thought i would let you know most Japanesse racers (professional) know nothing about cars they hire engineers to take car of the car work. i will admit that they are amazing drivers all they have to know is how the car handles ok. let me just give you some advice Race the cars and work on them before you talk about it. I worked at one of the most respected custom shops in the USA Adrenaline motor sports and the VR4 and the GT-R are far supioer on a track then the Supra but almost 80% of the time that same Supra would beat them on the Strip. and we wouldn't even work on a NSX because they would be back in the shop a week later. So once agian worry about what the car really does before getting an opinnion on which ones best.

Oh and P.S. the TYPE R IS ONLY 15HP MORE THEN THE REGULAR NSX AND THATS NOT COMMING FROM THE STATS THATS COMMING FROM THE DYNO.
    It's coming. and no one cares what beat what on a dragstrip. Except mabye thread creator and you...because theres more to cars then straight line speed.

the Chassis the Chassis the Chassis its not good it one component of the car is good all components of the car have to work togeather to make the car better its like a football,soccer or hockey team, all the components have to work togeather to make it a mean machine and thank you very much i know the Hype about a Supra it made me go out and drive one i have driven them on a track they handle like shit very fast and inexpensve compared to the other choices which by a car and driver standers its better because they use categories but also the said the SRT-4 Neon is faster then STI which if you have never seen a race you might think this is true ; futhermore, you are comparing the top of the chain Supra to one of the Worst Skylines ever put out they maid advances but had not perfected it yet. Oh and by the way i just thought i would let you know most Japanesse racers (professional) know nothing about cars they hire engineers to take car of the car work. i will admit that they are amazing drivers all they have to know is how the car handles ok. let me just give you some advice Race the cars and work on them before you talk about it. I worked at one of the most respected custom shops in the USA Adrenaline motor sports and the VR4 and the GT-R are far supioer on a track then the Supra but almost 80% of the time that same Supra would beat them on the Strip. and we wouldn't even work on a NSX because they would be back in the shop a week later. So once agian worry about what the car really does before getting an opinnion on which ones best.

Oh and P.S. the TYPE R IS ONLY 15HP MORE THEN THE REGULAR NSX AND THATS NOT COMMING FROM THE STATS THATS COMMING FROM THE DYNO.
    Yeah, I had a post here earlier but I decided to edit/delete it.

People like you will never be convinced. Best advice I can give you is to watch the Fast and the Furious to REALLY learn about cars, all the knowledge is there.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-13-2006 at 03:33 AM.

Man, you're stupid. The chassis is one of the most important parts of the car. It's why a Lotus Exige will thrash the crap out of something with a lot more bhp and a worse chassis.

OPEN YOUR EYES. The NSX was consistently rated by established magazines to have a fantastic chassis, even now, when it's pretty old...

Quote Originally Posted by Autozine's Graveyard
    After winning "the best handling car contest" by Autocar and Car magazines, NSX eventually was given the title it deserved in 1994.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autozine's Graveyard
    Autocar rated NSX first in a triple test against the 348 and Porsche 911 (964) Carrera.
    And as for your utterly bizarre power claim... a Honda Civic Type-R puts out 197bhp- the model that's just been and gone. The Civic Si is the same, IIRC. In it's first state, the car produced 250bhp. Already, that's 53bhp more than a Civic. In it's later evolutions (an extra 200cc), the car produced 276bhp- the limit in Japan. Honda still quoted 276bhp for the car in it's Type-R guise, and the GT version, but the reali figure is deemed by Honda experts in the UK to be between 300 and 350bhp.

So, you're going to argue with an established motor magazine, and the people who make the car? Come on. I dare you.

let me just ask you this how much did those higher horse power motors weigh lol look at that do a little math and you'll find out for the weight there is no better honda moter then the b18C5R its a tiny moter with the right mods can produce 500hp!!!! and it so light one person can pick it up off of the ground by them self, and don't get me wrong I said better not more powerfull read what i type not you iterpreat what im trying to say. Ive seen time and time agian at the STL Speedway NSX's get dominated by cars that shouldn't be able to touch it its just a poorly engineered car. I will admit the chassis will factor in but not if you suspension is junk you transmintion is junk and your engine is junk. the one thing that the NSX has deffenatly got going for it though is if the right person got there hands on one and spent enough money to say put a FOX V-12 4.0L in it and really work over the suspension it could be one of the best cars but no one wants to spend the money to make that.
    And as for peoples comments on porsches there good but not a whole lot car be said for the endless burn outs trying to get the light car going to much torque for the weight which is why i wouldn't Large V-8 or V-6 the NSX the FOX motor is a rare one at that but its the most powerfull engine out there to move a light car they are very small can produce a 1000hp all motor but there tourqe curve is lowenough on the bottom end to keep the car from doing a endless burn out

let me just ask you this how much did those higher horse power motors weigh lol look at that do a little math and you'll find out for the weight there is no better honda moter then the b18C5R its a tiny moter with the right mods can produce 500hp!!!! and it so light one person can pick it up off of the ground by them self, and don't get me wrong I said better not more powerfull read what i type not you iterpreat what im trying to say. Ive seen time and time agian at the STL Speedway NSX's get dominated by cars that shouldn't be able to touch it its just a poorly engineered car. I will admit the chassis will factor in but not if you suspension is junk you transmintion is junk and your engine is junk. the one thing that the NSX has deffenatly got going for it though is if the right person got there hands on one and spent enough money to say put a FOX V-12 4.0L in it and really work over the suspension it could be one of the best cars but no one wants to spend the money to make that.
    And as for peoples comments on porsches there good but not a whole lot car be said for the endless burn outs trying to get the light car going to much torque for the weight which is why i wouldn't Large V-8 or V-6 the NSX the FOX motor is a rare one at that but its the most powerfull engine out there to move a light car they are very small can produce a 1000hp all motor but there tourqe curve is lowenough on the bottom end to keep the car from doing a endless burn out
    Haha, a V12 in an NSX. This isn't Drag Racer V3, the online flash game.

500bhp from a 1.8 is NOT reliable. Even Mitsubishi proved this- the most they could offer on a warranty was 405bhp from 2 litres.

The NSX will keep going into the sunset, how can you say it's a 'poorly-engineered car' when it beat the crap out of a Ferrari and a Porsche back in the day?!

Just how dense are you?? You actually believe your little rice-rockets with motors that will go bang if treated wrongly can seriously take on a car with better aerodynamics and more development? I don't hear anyone calling ANY Civic an 'engineering masterpiece', least of all me- I have one!

As good friends of Cloverleaf Honda in Ascot, we have tried multiple Hondas- including the S2000 and NSX. The NSX, without a doubt, was one of the most exquisitely balanced and graceful cars I've been in.

And- as you pointed out earlier- it IS 80% driver. LandQuail has nearly been gutted by less-powerful cars before (probably because he's crap ), and the NSX owners may not be minded towards drag racing- more likely, they prefer circuits, where that car will kill almost anything.

It sounds to me like you've played too much Drag Racer 3. This is real life, not a game. Your engine needs more maintenance than an oil change.

lets just say this the fox motor might as well not be a v12 because its so small but it but does the job that no other motors can do thats why the INDY circuit uses them sometimes

and let me jsut tell you this the STL Speedway isn't a dragestirp its a road course you ignoramus

lets just say this the fox motor might as well not be a v12 because its so small but it but does the job that no other motors can do thats why the INDY circuit uses them sometimes
    So the engine has an identity crisis? Displacement is only a measure of CC's, if it's got 12 [cylinders], it's a V12. Doesn't matter if it's pushing 9 liters or if it's a two liter. Hell, Formula 1 engines are 2.4 liters and they've got 8 [cylinders].
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-13-2006 at 09:37 AM.

ok, let me ask you this, a V8 mustang how many valves does it have ............alot more then 8 ,nimrod, V or I or F plus a number is the Cylinder set up not the valves the mustang is a 24valve or a 32valve motors not a 8valves Formula 1 cars have alot more then 8 valves trust me on that one buddy.
    Last edited by s15Silvia_Ala; 09-13-2006 at 09:36 AM.

ok, let me ask you this, a V8 mustang how many valves does it have ............alot more then 8 ,nimrod, V or I or F plus a number is the Cylinder set up not the valves the mustang is a 24valve or a 32valve motors not a 8valves Formula 1 cars have alot more then 8 valves trust me on that one buddy.
    Sorry, I'm out of it today. I meant cylinders.

its ok it happens the a small V12 is weird though most of the times there at least a 6.0L the engine was laughed at by alot of people because of that but on a light car it just works for some reason the pistons on the thing are tiny though. That why INDY cars are weird is because they go agianst the normal rule the big the engine the better they use the RPM and HP avenue instead of the HP and TOURQE avenue thats all i was saying.

and ever futhermore beyond that lets get new yere the 2008 SKYLINE GT-R is completely insane no car in the world can touch it for the price none not even the new Zo6 corvettes and thats saying something there hellacouslly quick so quick it makes people drving vipers and ferriers look like there in some damn hyprid civic and the Skyline is actually faster then that those are really engineering masterpeices

and ever futhermore beyond that lets get new yere the 2008 SKYLINE GT-R is completely insane no car in the world can touch it for the price none not even the new Zo6 corvettes and thats saying something there hellacouslly quick so quick it makes people drving vipers and ferriers look like there in some damn hyprid civic and the Skyline is actually faster then that those are really engineering masterpeices
    Can I remind you of a post you made back in the Supra vs. Skyline thread? Ahh, right, here it is:

OK im just going to tell you this kid which one of the cars that you talk so much about have you owned, drivin or worked on and until you do you can not make assumsions on what the car does. and one more thing you look at the manufacter paper work and have it translated to you because you really wouldn't understand this R does not stand for racing it only stands for Racing when you are talking about mustangs from nissian it means rally so don't go talking me what you know about cars when you have never driven one of them or worked on them. Get 1st hand knowlelge of a subject before you make your final descion not second and thrid hand knowlege ok ;futhermore, the "smart" transmision in the skyline shifts its power from front to rear tires and from side to side which is why they use all-wheel drive, and another point here you are mixing up all-wheel drive and 4X4 in SUV's which are robs you of power,no before you try to say it there not the same thing, an all wheel drive system does not infact cause power loss it divides the power among all the wheel in what ever way the computer or transmission tells it to as in the sky line to produce better traction for taking a cornor. ex when you drive a skyline and you go around a turn and the rear end of the car trys to slide out from underneath you the power is robbed from the rear tires and given all to the front tires to pull the rear end back underneath the car. once agian drive on then you can talk ive owend a supra and driven 3 diffenet skylines and i also own a silvia so don't get talking to me about cars when you can't even drive yet on the road.
    I'm 100% certain that you haven't driven the new Skyline destined for 2008 (I don't want to hear the typical, "yeah, but my Uncle is the head of Nissan business"). Furthermore, this car hasn't even been tested, let alone released to the public. Comparing a car that hardly even exists to a Corvette Z06 or Ferrari 360/F430 is absolute rubbish.

Please stop being a fanboy.

No the Skyline is Destined for the USA in 08 but the Skyline was just and i mean just realesed in japan. and it was tested kinda like the 2008 Shelby GT500 is released yet theve been tested over and over and over just as the New Saturn Sky Redline Reed some stuff the new skyline is reduclues i haven't driven it you are corect but i have seen it in detriot and watched it drive and just when it starts its so rediculious sounding you wouldn't want to race it. It even just sounds like that and my dad whos and engineer that helped with the Gen 5 Z06 said that it was better(hes an engineer for GM in Detoit)

Thread Information